The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Trump was the only pres to go North Korea, and he kept Putin out of Ukraine.

I'm kinda wondering if only a real prick can communicate with the other pricks of the world.

It doesn't matter if Europe has bunched panties over his lack of pinkie-raises during tea time. They weren't the ones to be worried about.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

The grandfather of the man alleged to be behind the mass-shooting at a Colorado gay bar this weekend has been named as a MAGA Republican lawmaker who praised the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol last year.

Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, is accused of killing five people and injuring 25 more at Club Q.

Posts on social media posts made under Aldrich's mother's name, Laura Voepel, have linked him to former Republican California state assembly member Randy Voepel - claiming he is his grandfather, reports The Guardian.

Confirmed photos of Aldrich himself have yet to emerge, and no mugshot has been released.

Following the attack on the Capitol, Voepel hailed the rioters comparing their actions to that of American Revolutionaries.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Serious question: This is relevant because...?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

"Sins of the father" is back in effect if you can use it against an R.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

WTF was that about?

Also, I legit think it's wildly unfair to put Elon in the same conversation as Kayne and Trump. Sure, Elon doesn't have a perfect track record, but he's not advocating for Hitler or tossing the Constitution.

BTW, there is a large moment on the left that wants a new Continental Congress to rewrite the Constitution. They are just as whack-a-do as Trump.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Wait..... they're against the Constitution and calling for insurrection?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:38 pm WTF was that about?
FREEDOM11!1!!1
Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:38 pm Also, I legit think it's wildly unfair to put Elon in the same conversation as Kayne and Trump. Sure, Elon doesn't have a perfect track record, but he's not advocating for Hitler or tossing the Constitution.
Well, they were lauding all 3. They did finally decide that Kanye wasn't the best representative.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

He lies a lot
Santos’ professional biography was called into question earlier this month after the New York Times reported that he misrepresented a number of claims, including where he attended college and his alleged employment history with high-profile Wall Street firms.

“My sins here are embellishing my resume. I’m sorry,” Santos said Monday.

Santos confessed he had “never worked directly” for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, chalking that fib up to a “poor choice of words.”

The 34-year-old now claims instead that a company called Link Bridge, where he worked as a vice president, did business with both of the financial giants.

“I will be clearer about that. It was stated poorly,” Santos said of the lie.

At Link Bridge, Santos said, he helped make “capital introductions” between clients and investors, and Goldman Sachs and Citigroup were “LPS, Limited Partnerships” that his company dealt with.

He also admitted that he never graduated from any college, despite previously claiming to have received a degree from Baruch in 2010.
Santos, elected to Congress on Nov. 8 to represent the Long Island- and Queens-based 3rd District, was also accused of lying about his family history, saying on his campaign website that his mother was Jewish and his grandparents escaped the Nazis during World War II.

Santos now says that he’s “clearly Catholic,” but claimed his grandmother told stories about being Jewish and later converting to Catholicism.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I saw that, laughed, and thought, "And he's different from everyone else in politics, how?"

In oddly related news, saw a left wing Twitter user ask who would have voted for Hershel Walker if he had run as a D. Several honest people admitted they would have just because "Vote blue, no matter who". We're fucking doomed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I legit audibly laughed.

Saw an interesting tweet about this meaningless nonsense last night that I agreed with. It was something along the lines of "The GOP establishment needs to be sent a message about how out of touch they have become with their base and how people are unhappy, and this is part of that." Trust me when I say this is WAY off the actual quote, but it's in the same vein of thinking.

As you know, I think both parties are far too corrupt and that's a direct result of people being in power for too long. Shake things up. Get some fresh blood into place.

Also, the GOP needs to stop playing grab ass with Trump. Go full stop. He's their greatest weakness at the moment, which is saying something. It made sense to embrace him when a large part of the country did, but those days are over. People might not reject all of his policies, but they have rejected him the person. End the relationship and let him go form his own third party. It'll make waves with QAnon people for one election, but then die out.
Cakedaddy

The Republican Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

GOP won't break up with Trump because they don't want him splitting the party and taking votes with him. Also, he will never die out. Well, until he actually dies maybe. He will always seek the spotlight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

How the fuck is Matt Gaetz still in office? Seriously?

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

He can literally never go to DC for a day his entire term, and still get paid and keep his job, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Yes? I know he's allowed to insider trade, take payoffs for votes, and otherwise commit all sorts of crimes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »