The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Again, this makes sense to a person with a grasp of reality. But trying to use YOUR logic to explain what THEY were thinking and did - is kind of a waste of time.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Trumpers were fighting their own war. Like that Japanese guy on an island who didn't surrender for 27 years. Everyone else knew WW2 was over and Japan had lost, but he still fought on, in his head.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cakedaddy

The Republican Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

hehehe I would argue trying to figure out what was in their head is a bigger one!

I concede that they were probably thinking "If we break in here, Trump will stay president!" So, yes, an insurrection. But to cover it as if it was a true threat to our way of life at ANY point, is giving them WAY too much credit. You are arguing semantics. "It should be labeled as an insurrection". Sure. You can have that label. But to me, that just makes that word far more weak. It's like people claiming getting killed in UO was like rape. Dumbing down powerful words to fit minor incidents is bad practice in my opinion.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

I would argue, under the laws of this country, INTENT is what matters. Specifically "specific intent" and they had it.

And they killed people, injured officers and government workers. And that's ok because?? They are stupid?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:04 pm But trying to use YOUR logic to explain what THEY were thinking and did - is kind of a waste of time.
So basically he shouldn't do exactly what you're doing? Just saying'...

Can you show me all the proof that this was an actual coup? Because the FBI says it wasn't.

In fact, the Jan 6th hearings resulted in one person being blamed for riling up a crowd. Sounds a hell of a lot like a riot, which is exactly what we're saying happened. That's not a coup. All 950 or so people arrested and/or who actually attended or entered the Capital were not Proud Boys. The vast, vast majority of them were just Trump supporters there to protest.

I mean, applying your logic here to every single person who attended a protest turned riot in the summer of 2020, then they were just there to steal, hurt people, and burn down buildings. Also, because those people were violently rebelling against authority, what they were doing, by definition, was an insurrection. More people died then and billions more were done in damages. So again, where are the hearings for those government officials that were encouraging that violence, ala Trump's dumb ass?
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:16 pm Dumbing down powerful words to fit minor incidents is bad practice in my opinion.
This, this, and more this. The people who do this are "literally worse than Hitler"...

You know who keeps calling it more than just a riot? Only the people who earn political points with their base. The people who profit from painting their opponents as negatively as humanly possible. People who gain power from dividing American citizens at every opportunity.

We know exactly who it is in this case, but both sides absolutely do it. In fact, to continue using the riots of 2020 as a parallel, the other side was doing the same shit back then.
Troy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:21 pm And they killed people
You keep pluralizing the deaths that day and attributing them to the rioters. Did you happen the read the NYT article I linked earlier in this discussion about the actual cause of death for all the "people who died on Jan 6th"? Only 1 non-rioter definitely died due to Jan 6th and even that person's actual cause of death was natural causes. His injuries from the 6th were listed as just a "factor", not the cause of death.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Yeah , I only thought one guard had a heart attack, but I thought maybe I missed something.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

From memory of the NYT article, so forgive any mistakes:
-Ashli Babbitt was the only actual death directly due to violence on Jan 6th.
-2 protesters died of natural causes on Jan 6th. One had a heart attack and one had a stroke.
-The women trampled in the twitter video Troy posted actually had died of a drug overdose.
-The cop I mention above died Jan 7th and the official cause is natural causes. Injuries caused by the Trump idiots were listed only as a factor.
-3 other police officers that worked that day committed suicide at various times (days to months after) in the aftermath, but none left any indication that Jan 6th was "why". Police suicides, already one of the most at risk professions, were already skyrocketing since the riots of 2020.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Oops?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

The video doesn't support the posters theory. But people do y watch videos. The smoke was very far from the breakthrough
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

It does on that side of the line. No, it doesn't explain the rest of the line, but on that side you see all the cops leave. Now why would only the cops be affected is the real question. I didn't see protestors with gas masks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Republican protectionism.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Tucker Carlson is an idiot. In other news, water is wet.

Side note: I would argue this belongs in the MSM thread or the D thread will become an endless loop of the stupid things Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and the cunts on The View say. Tucker is not the official voice of the GOP, nor is Shapiro no matter how much some people claim it to be true. Same for the clown show I just listed and the DNC.

I have a problem with Hudger's follow up tweet where he says:
There will forever and always be work for someone to do to create value for someone else.
That's an assumption, not a fact. It also combines other assumptions about those jobs being worth a damn and able to sustain an economy. More importantly, giving people a purpose to live. This will blow far lefters' minds, but not every person has a brain to create art and they don't want to do that all day. People need purpose or they die. Star Trek provided us a very optimistic look at society that has moved beyond the need for economies, but still maintained a purpose. Wall-E is probably closer to reality. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

"Worse than 9/11"
"Worse than Pearl Harbor"

How did our country survive this "insurrection"?
Again, words are super important. This was not a coup or an insurrection. Just like these aren't lesbians.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Former Maryland gov's chief of staff killed by FBI.

Weird little government corruption story. He doesn't look the type to be getting into shootouts, but does look the type to want to avoid jail. Although, a government official wouldn't go to actual prison, but Club Fed, yes?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

The "Tennessee Three" debate is just political public masturbation and means absolutely nothing.

Even if expelled, the three can run for the same office again right away, and then, per Tennessee law, can't be tried or expelled for the same thing. (Like a double jeopardy.)

Why do people vote for letters and support this shit?

Why did a Twitter user actually comment on this saying, "Typical Repug BS. Wasting tax payer money and time."? Are they serious? Are they purposely being ignorant, or have they not been paying attention to the news for the last several years? How can they use the #CountryOverParty AND #NeverRepublicanAgain at the same time?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:12 pm The "Tennessee Three" debate is just political public masturbation and means absolutely nothing.

Even if expelled, the three can run for the same office again right away, and then, per Tennessee law, can't be tried or expelled for the same thing. (Like a double jeopardy.)
So there were 3 people who did the right thing, but only the 2 black people got expelled + not the white one?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I don't see color
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:02 am So there were 3 people who did the right thing
"The right thing"? you're going to need to explain that one chief.

Didn't they join an illegally formed protest that was trespassing whose chants were loudly shutting down government business? I know what it sounds like, but I have been told it's completely different from the Jan 6th event because this time it's Ds trying to subvert the normal process of our government. :D
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:02 am but only the 2 black people got expelled + not the white one?
Yeah, that is sus. If they were all breaking the rules, then the punishment should be the same regardless of race, sex, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:09 pm "The right thing"? you're going to need to explain that one
I just meant to say "the thing," but I mean, protesting is fine with me. Shut the government down all the time.