The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I just looked it up.

In Florida:
Lewd and lascivious crimes involving a minor less than 16 years old – This crime occurs when a person over 18 years old engages in sexual conduct with a minor between 12 and 15 years of age. Depending on the circumstances of the case, lewd and lascivious crimes involving a minor less than 16 years old is charged between a third-degree felony and a life felony.
So, does "over 18" mean 19 and older, or does "over 18" mean 18th birth moment, plus one minute?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Since one is considered an adult on their 18th birthday, I'm guessing that's the day. But who knows? Perhaps the law makers in FL decidd to give 18 year olds the benefit of the doubt since so many are still in high school?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Mathematically speaking, I think if it's "over 18" it has to be 19+. 18=18. 19=over 18. They didn't include any significant digits after the 18. "Over 18.00000" would then mean 18 + 1 minute.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:01 pm Mathematically speaking, I think if it's "over 18" it has to be 19+. 18=18. 19=over 18. They didn't include any significant digits after the 18. "Over 18.00000" would then mean 18 + 1 minute.
I'm not very good at reading laws, since they use so many extra words, but it appears to be 18 and over.
Law

There's a lot of "if the person is an offender 18 years of age or older " not "over 18"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Remember when I said all news articles were, on average, only 27% accurate?

My quote was from a news article.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:09 pm I'm not very good at reading laws, since they use so many extra words
Ditto.
GORDON wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:01 pm Mathematically speaking, I think if it's "over 18" it has to be 19+. 18=18. 19=over 18. They didn't include any significant digits after the 18. "Over 18.00000" would then mean 18 + 1 minute.
Fair, but common sense speaking, if you're 18 and 1 second, you are eligible to do lots of things someone 1 second away from being 18 cannot do. The law of the land recognizes you as an adult, and thus, it's time for that 18 year to stop fucking children.

The only way I could understand concessions being made is if the 18 year old was a senior in high school and the 14 year old was a freshman. They'd potentially be in the same social circles and whatnot. A relationship forming in those circumstances would be more easily explained, hell, possibily even defendable, but it'd still be very weird.

The age gap from 14-18 is like the age gap from 20 to 40.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Just saw a pic of him, the dude looks 60. It may not have been a crime when it happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 pm Just saw a pic of him, the dude looks 60. It may not have been a crime when it happened.
Legal at the time or not, and many folks are saying it wasn't, the Rs cannot back this guy as Cheney's replacement.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:11 pm Paul Ryan is speaking out against the Trumplicans.
Finally... but does he even have a job any more?
Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:11 pm Tell me he doesn't look just like him. I'll fight you!
I know who you mean without clicking, so I cannot argue...
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Oregon R needs to go to jail.

At best this is aiding and abetting unlawful entry and trespassing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Why do people think talking like this makes what they are saying defensible?
He continues, "Make sure to say what entrance you're at, too," and then a woman can be heard asking Nearman to repeat the number again. Nearman then says, "Yeah, I didn't really say a number, but if I were to say a number it might have been something like ... and you'd have to say what entrance you're at, but that's not really going to happen so just don't worry about that, nobody said anything."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I assume movies.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 amI assume movies.
"It doesn't matter if they tap our phones, we just won't call drugs by their real names"
- a gang member about to go to jail
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:28 am Oregon R needs to go to jail.

At best this is aiding and abetting unlawful entry and trespassing.
Expelled from Oregon House. Refused to resign.
The resolution passed by a vote of 59-1, with only Nearman voting against.
Outside the building, several dozen of Nearman’s supporters gathered in protest of the vote, with at least one person briefly kicking the Capitol’s facade.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Good. Fuck him. Now charge him with treason and throw him away for life.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit! Moron gets a clue!

Just when I'm ready to completely condemn humanity and launch my Moonraker project, a glimmer of hope shows up. If this mental midget can learn, there's hope for all the dullards...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:25 am Holy shit! Moron gets a clue!
Barely.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

It was enough to save the human race...today...
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »