The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but she didn't help her case with the way she has acted over the years.

I thought the assassination of Dan Quayle was similar, but he handled it far better.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I thought McCain taking on Palin was a brilliant move. "No way D's will vote against the possibility of the first female VP."

Three things I remember back then:

1. "Palin isn't fit to be VP because McC is going to die in office and she doesn't have enough experience." She was a governor, Obama was a 1 term legislator, she had more experience for a lesser job because he was a "community organizer." That moniker was given more weight than state governor. McCain lived long enough that he would have served two full terms.

2. Back then I could have told you 15 things repeated over and over on the MSM about what a piece of shit she was. The budget for her debates, how many kids she had, what her husband Todd did for a job, how her youngest daughter was actually her granddaughter and it was a big coverup. Alaska state budget. Many more things. Tina Fey was such a good impersonator said so many satire things that even today people still misrepresent them for things Palin actually said. A pic went far and wide of Palin with guns in a bikini that people still think is real.

At the time, I didn't even know the name of Obama's VP choice.

3. Every cogent thing she said was twisted out of context to make her seem stupid, but that's nothing new (Romney is misogynist because he says "binders full of women," for example, referring to resumes of qualified women for a job). No one reasonable ever thought Palin thought she could see russia from her house, but that became her "look how stupid she is" thing. She, like Romney, were dead-on balls accurate that russia was still a huge global threat. The sentiment was treated as a joke.

Alaska has a law that pubic servants can't use pubic funds to defend against lawsuits. After the election she was flooded with nuisance lawsuits as revenge for daring to run against The Lightbringer, forcing her to resign as governor, or go bankrupt.

She was assassinated. Too bad no one cared about media manipulation of votes until trump won.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Again, I agree with every word there. I just never liked things she said in interviews during that race or after it.

#1 still bewilders me to this day. I think that is when I really started waking up to the MSM's bigotry and bias.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

HA!

That's what you get when you hire a lazy graphic artist who googles shit instead of actually doing their job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I'm having trouble finding the "gotcha" in Jim Banks' statement. A little help?

According to Google, PPP loans were given out starting in April of 2020. That was under the Ds' watch, as would be the forgiveness portion. So Lindy Li is 100% correct to mock those individuals for getting loans forgiven and now bashing normal people's loans being forgiven, but Ds are the ones spending the money. Which is worse, mocking loan forgiveness when you have benefitted from loan forgiveness or spending taxpayer money on handouts with no returns when the country is in severe debt? Personally, I'm not a fan of either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:48 pm I'm having trouble finding the "gotcha" in Jim Banks' statement. A little help?
That our military relies on poverty.
Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:48 pm According to Google, PPP loans were given out starting in April of 2020. That was under the Ds' watch, as would be the forgiveness portion.
Trump was president and signed it. And nearly everyone in Congress voted for it. So it was D+R
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Which is worse, mocking loan forgiveness when you have benefitted from loan forgiveness or spending taxpayer money on handouts with no returns when the country is in severe debt?
The returns will be in those people spending the $$ in the economy, instead of loan service.

I mean, I don't love it. But fix the problem is apparently too hard.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:54 pm That our military relies on poverty.
It doesn't? Rich people aren't sending their kids to the military because of the threat of war. Those days are long gone. Plus, many think it's beneath them and no longer is seen as honorable and about defending the nation.

I say that as a veteran, but recruiting numbers are in the shitter. Many grandparents spit on soldiers coming home from Vietnam. All the recent wars have been decried as wars for oil rather than any sort of liberation. There are a load of assholes who think the U.S. is the most oppressive place in the world because they're as stupid as a human being can get. The vast majority of the people screaming and demanding more from their government and more rights are certainly not the ones signing up to defend said government or those rights.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:55 pm The returns will be in those people spending the $$ in the economy, instead of loan service.

I mean, I don't love it. But fix the problem is apparently too hard.
They're buying votes, not fixing the economy.

If the loan sharks had the same lobbying power as banks and financial firms this never would have happened. And if financial entities had the same lobbying power as these loan sharks then Americans would have been bailed out of their underwater homes when the market crashed instead of the other way around.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:45 pm If the loan sharks had the same lobbying power as banks and financial firms this never would have happened. And if financial entities had the same lobbying power as these loan sharks then Americans would have been bailed out of their underwater homes when the market crashed instead of the other way around.
It only happened because of years of lobbying from the loan firms led to a situation where it's nearly impossible to get rid of school loans.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

It happened because the government gave out unlimited money for school without controlling what the schools could charge. It was intended to help the poor and middle class get college educations, and ended up fucking the poor and middle class students.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:58 am It only happened because of years of lobbying from the loan firms led to a situation where it's nearly impossible to get rid of school loans.
Call me crazy, but that sounds like a corrupt government caused this mess?
GORDON wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:22 am It happened because the government gave out unlimited money for school without controlling what the schools could charge. It was intended to help the poor and middle class get college educations, and ended up fucking the poor and middle class students.
This. Everyone knows college prices have skyrocketed because of all the free money the government was handing out.

Additionally, someone colluded (HR grads? colleges? Loan sharks? Banks?) to make college degrees basically mandatory for all jobs. That forced a fuckton of people to get into debt so they could get entry level jobs with no hope of paying off their loans anytime soon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:22 pm Meanwhile, Palin is apparently coming back.
Lost to a Native American (D) for the vacancy in Alaska.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

That probably ends her political career.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I disagree with a lot of her platform, but that song is fire! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Someone running for local school board. Also check out the "superintendant"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

If she graduated from those schools, then she has a strong argument...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:44 pm If she graduated from those schools, then she has a strong argument...
She did not. She's a carpetbagger.