General TSA thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

As long as they don't confiscate my marijuana gummies, it's all good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

If I was running the TSA, marijuana products in "personal use" quantities would be classified as "don't waste your time". The point of the TSA isn't to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

So if Catt and his wife put their vape pen they got in Vegas, along with a package of gummies, in their suitcase, who cares?

Load your suitcase with nothing else and it's a different story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:05 pm If I was running the TSA, marijuana products in "personal use" quantities would be classified as "don't waste your time". The point of the TSA isn't to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

So if Catt and his wife put their vape pen they got in Vegas, along with a package of gummies, in their suitcase, who cares?

Load your suitcase with nothing else and it's a different story.
So far, they certainly haven't cared. And according to reddit, it does have to be egregious. Like pounds of weed or such.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

I still wouldn't recommend people take the chance. Particularly people around here. It's legal in MI. I'll go grab some on your behalf if you live in Ohio. Don't get arrested bringing home a souvenir from Vegas.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:47 pm I still wouldn't recommend people take the chance. Particularly people around here. It's legal in MI. I'll go grab some on your behalf if you live in Ohio. Don't get arrested bringing home a souvenir from Vegas.
I'm supposed to be in Boston once a month for work, where it's also legal... but our office still isn't "open"
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

I expect the heavy set bald guy at the second loader. The dude closest to the camera initially is taking his day out on the luggage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I expect baggage to be handled roughly, but that one guy goes too far.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

I heard all the outside work, including luggage handlers, gets outsourced by the airlines. If true, these guys get "suspended" and then immediately hired at a different airline's terminal on the other side of the airport.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

Today my kid flies to Belize for the school field trip of a lifetime. We've been working towards this for months. Had to leave home at 2am to get him to the airport for the 5:30 flight.

Right now the FAA systems are down and most of the country is grounded.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:20 am Right now the FAA systems are down and most of the country is grounded.
Oh fuck.

Looks like the ground stop just got lifted, good luck.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

His plane is in the air, and with the rescheduled connection what was a 3 hour layover/plane change in DFW is now.... about 21 minutes. It's a big airport. I have a concern.

Now that I think about it, it's been a while, does he have additional hoops through which to jump for an international flight departure? I know there's a rigmarole when you land, but I don't remember one when you leave. Just someone checks to make sure you have a passport at some point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:24 am , it's been a while, does he have additional hoops through which to jump for an international flight departure?
No. They will check that you have your passport, but that's about it. When you land is when they make it a hassle.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

Hopefully today, of all days, they're being cool about holding connecting flights.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:59 am Hopefully today, of all days, they're being cool about holding connecting flights.
Generally disruptions cause disruptions all day long, so there's a chance.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

Tell your kid that he doesn't need condoms in Belize, just don't use his real name.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 am Tell your kid that he doesn't need condoms in Belize, just don't use his real name.
In my mind, he's trying this with his classmates (I assume this trip is school related?).
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:30 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 am Tell your kid that he doesn't need condoms in Belize, just don't use his real name.
In my mind, he's trying this with his classmates (I assume this trip is school related?).
Today my kid flies to Belize for the school field trip of a lifetime.
His flight arrival slipped by 10 minutes. I have a bad feeling he's sleeping in Dallas tonight.

I already told him the best way to slip out of a group abduction and make his way to the embassy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:33 pm His flight arrival slipped by 10 minutes. I have a bad feeling he's sleeping in Dallas tonight.

I already told him the best way to slip out of a group abduction and make his way to the embassy.
Any luck?
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

They made the flight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm They made the flight.
Woo hoo!

Good news, they found the guy responsible