General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Did they ever find out why he attacked?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Did they ever find out why he attacked?
[Insert joke about how your racism makes you believe he attacked them.]

All I can find is he was drunk or high.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

I'd like to hear the story of how she got through... hopefully there's an update
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

Whistleblower claims airports are becoming less safe as TSA focuses less on security and more on moving the lines.

Hasn't the TSA stopped exactly ZERO incidents to date? How can you get more lax than that?
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, I much prefer moving the fucking lines
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

Locking the cockpit doors stopped 9/11 Part 2. Everything else has been a jobs program.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Locking the cockpit doors stopped 9/11 Part 2. Everything else has been a jobs program.
Don't forget not letting people stand near the forward bathroom
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

Woman suing claiming her crotch was groped.

I have a serious question here about body searches. You know how they call a male officer to search a man and a female officer to search a female? What if the woman who searches a woman is a lesbian? Isn't that the same as having a man pat the woman down?
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

imagine if you didn't get groped, getting on an airplane. Imagine it's 1999.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

I was really pissed at this guy gaming the system until I remembered that fat people pretend to be handicapped every day and everywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:10 pm Hammering the recent unruly passengers.
Stop the fines, just use bullets.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

First flight in pandemic times. Security and such was fine. Most people masking correctly. Flight to Vegas full. Yawn
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

Yeah.... I've flown more in the last year than the previous decade.

Can't remember seeing a single unmasked person, and typically full flights. Still alive.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

I flew a couple weeks ago. I had my backpack as a carry-on, mostly filled with electronics. Laptop, wifi hotspot, cell phone power pack, earbuds, various cables, etc.

Also accidentally left a full bottle of Dasani way at the bottom. Got flagged by the xray and pulled aside (I also have TSA Pre-Check).

As she was emptying my shit, telling me I was flagged for a bottle of water, examining every single thing and wiping it for bomb residue, I could see on her screen the false-color xray image of my bag. The bottle of water was an orange-ish color, highlighted.

WHich makes me wonder... can they specifically flag for H2O, and highlight it? And if so, if they know it is H2O, who gives a fuck?

I mean, prolly not.... but this IS a government operation and massive jobs program.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

They can only spot the liquid, not the chemical composition.

Still, to date they have stopped 0 terrorist incidents. Worth every penny...
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:52 pm Still, to date they have stopped 0 terrorist incidents. Worth every penny...
Or have they?
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:40 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:52 pm Still, to date they have stopped 0 terrorist incidents. Worth every penny...
Or have they?
Right?!

To be serious, I do know that they've failed a LOT of testing done by themselves, other agencies, and so on.

And if we're being realistic about it, the only people they're probably deterring are amateur morons trying to emulate the 9/11 attack. I'm no terrorist, despite being a straight white cismale, and while I do have military experience I was not trained in such things, but I could plot out much more effective and easier attacks than hijacking an airline.

Point being, we have spent a LOT of money making the sky "safe", but we're ignoring a lot of other vulnerabilities.