General TSA thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

There was a sale at Pennys!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

republicans: let's not fund anything.

(something breaks)

Republicans: WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO TERRIBLE
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:20 am republicans: let's not fund anything.

(something breaks)

Are you angling for JoJo from Jerseys job?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:20 am republicans: let's not fund anything.

(something breaks)

Republicans: Let's fund this one thing.

Democrats: Sure but only if you also fund this thing you hate

Republicans: No fuck that.

REPUBLICANS HATE THING THAT MAKES THEM LOOK EVIL.

But to be fair, both sides love their hidden riders in bills. I've always wondered why the media doesn't advertise these things, as a matter of course. You'd think it would be noteworthy if one side was trying to fund, for example, an increase in Veteran's benefits.... but the other side also wanted to slide $300 million for, for example, a furry convention in Wyoming because furries are oppressed there, into a bill that had nothing to do with that.

This seems newsworthy.

But it isn't really a mystery why these things never get out.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:14 am Are you angling for JoJo from Jerseys job?
Go look at all their whining about the FAA.

They whine about how inefficient the IRS while defunding them for years. "The IRS is bad, we should get rid of them" The IRS is bad because Republicans underfunded it. Why do Republicans always defund the police? (IRS Special Agents are LEOs)
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:31 am Go look at all their whining about the FAA.

They whine about how inefficient the IRS while defunding them for years. "The IRS is bad, we should get rid of them" The IRS is bad because Republicans underfunded it. Why do Republicans always defund the police? (IRS Special Agents are LEOs)
Are you serious? The conservative party that is supposed to believe in small government (we can make a very strong argument they don't anymore) is underfunding government agencies all the time? The hell you say!

Yes, the Rs are idiots for not funding the FAA, but like abortion, the Ds didn't do shit about it when they had all the power. So them pointing the finger at Rs is bullshit. If Gordon stored old newspapers really close to a roaring fireplace and you walked by this growing stack of tinder for years knowing it was a fire hazard, you don't get to make him take 100% of the blame when it does eventually go up.

Shall we waste our time going back and forth about what things each party funds or doesn't fund that is either a ticking time bomb or a waste of money?

Rs are corrupt, incompetent, out-of-touch assholes, but the Ds are also corrupt, incompetent, out-of-touch assholes. People who think one party or the other is "better" are the dumbest of all.

They don't work for us. They work for themselves and their corporate handlers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm Are you serious? The conservative party that is supposed to believe in small government (we can make a very strong argument they don't anymore) is underfunding government agencies all the time? The hell you say!
They are complaining about the the results of THEIR actions. That's logically inconsistent. They are the ones to blame for their actions.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

They all lost me the first time I noticed:

Republicans - change proposed increase to VA from 7% to 5%
Democrats - OMG REPUBLICANS SLASH VA FUNDING THEY HATE VETERANS

I want to say it was approximately 2002 when I saw that's how politicians operated, and the media, supposedly the ones fact checking, were complicit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:50 pm They all lost me the first time I noticed:

Republicans - change proposed increase to VA from 7% to 5%
Democrats - OMG REPUBLICANS SLASH VA FUNDING THEY HATE VETERANS
Yeah, the both play that stupid game.
GORDON
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by GORDON »

Agreed. Just an example.

If you're honest about most things but dishonest sometimes, then you're dishonest. Fuck them all and the system they've built that protects them, at our expense. Absolutely defund the IRS, it's the mouth suckling at the abused teat.

We're waaaaaay off topic at this point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:41 pm Agreed. Just an example.

If you're honest about most things but dishonest sometimes, then you're dishonest. Fuck them all and the system they've built that protects them, at our expense. Absolutely defund the IRS, it's the mouth suckling at the abused teat.

We're waaaaaay off topic at this point.
So I'm more shades of gray. But, understood.
Leisher
Site Admin

General TSA thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:24 pm They are complaining about the the results of THEIR actions. That's logically inconsistent. They are the ones to blame for their actions.
As Gordon said, there are a million examples of Ds doing the exact same thing. I mean EXACTLY, just not in the case of the FAA.

There are going to be topics where one or the other seems to have firmer, more logical ground, but yes, they are both absolutely corrupt, incompetent, worthless, and a hinderance to the actual progression of this country. All they do is blame game each other endlessly and their paid shills and cultists repeat the same horseshit endlessly while avoiding issues where they know they can't win or try and only discuss parts of topics that make it seem like they're doing good things.

"Sure, Biden and Trump both technically illegally took documents, but Biden is cooperating, and we all KNOW Trump is a crook, but Biden's a good man, so it's not the same!!!"

I guess Biden washed off all of his thievery showering with his daughter...

Why are the last two presidents both fucking creeps with dementia? Where are the standards in this country? Everyone is too busy trying to get famous on TikTok I guess?