Traitor
25%

Total votes: 8

TheCatt
Site Admin

The government spying thread

Post by TheCatt »

Traitor gets Russian citizenship.

Snowden should show his loyalty by fighting in Ukraine.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Former NSA agent caught trying to sell secrets.

US Army doctor and a civilian anesthesiologist (the wife) tried to sell medical records to Russia.

That story is doubly interesting because of who the doctor is, which CNN oddly omits. I'm sure that wasn't intentionally left out... :roll: Read the article carefully, the author goes out of their way to not use any pronouns for the doctor.

Kudos to NBC for not hiding that in their coverage.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 am Former NSA agent caught trying to sell secrets.
Death sentence.
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 am US Army doctor and a civilian anesthesiologist (the wife) tried to sell medical records to Russia.
Death sentence.
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 am That story is doubly interesting because of who the doctor is, which CNN oddly omits. I'm sure that wasn't intentionally left out... Read the article carefully, the author goes out of their way to not use any pronouns for the doctor.
So... male, went female, and now back?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 amDeath sentence.
Agree.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 am So... male, went female, and now back?
Legally acknowledged as female. Did they go back? Once you legally change your gender, do you always have to appear publicly as that gender? Maybe when you're accused of serious federal crimes you stop worrying about the other bullshit?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Big FBI scandal.

Although, this doesn't sound like spying.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leaked U.S. documents alter plans in Ukraine and expose U.S. spying on allies.

I'm sure whoever did this probably thinks of themselves as a hero. They're not. Governments spy on each other. That's just how it works. The leak of these materials probably cost some innocent, good people their lives.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:24 am Leaked U.S. documents alter plans in Ukraine and expose U.S. spying on allies.

I'm sure whoever did this probably thinks of themselves as a hero. They're not. Governments spy on each other. That's just how it works. The leak of these materials probably cost some innocent, good people their lives.
Death penalty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So the kids that are all carrying cellphones and posting their lives on instagram and tick tock are angry about a machine invading their privacy?

They remind me of my aunt that's asking me about the dangers of the wifi signal in their home, on a cellphone call.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Saw a news article the other day about a guy who got busted for lying about being disabled, when the government investigators put a camera on a light post outside his house and did warrantless surveillance for months.

A court said 100% targeted surveillance by the government on an individual was fine because you have no expectation of privacy, outside.

Did the judge miss the point, there?

Is there a difference between someone taking your picture while you're out in public, and having your house watched 24/7 by the government waiting for you to do something illegal?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It is true you have no reasonable expectation of privacy in public. Id argue it's grey if the camera was targeted to his outside but still private property. That being said, anyone could indeed take a picture of you, so video is logically fine as well.

Also, don't lie.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It feels like a "I'm not touching you" situation.

"You're not under surveillance. That would require a warrant. We're just going to monitor everything you do outside your home every day, all day, forever, with the full assets and authority of the US government."

That doesn't smell evil?

Is it any different than stalking?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 pm It feels like a "I'm not touching you" situation.

"You're not under surveillance. That would require a warrant. We're just going to monitor everything you do outside your home every day, all day, forever, with the full assets and authority of the US government."

That doesn't smell evil?

Is it any different than stalking?
Surveillance would include private communications, inside the house, etc. It doesn’t feel evil to me. Maybe don’t lie + be evil?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

His guilt or innocence doesn't factor into the argument.

Can the government assign a drone to you outside your house, five feet above you at all times? You leave, drone take off from the charging pad on the power pole in front of your house.

I guess we could all have our own personal drone.

As long as you're a documented citizen and they know who you are.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I guess the story here is the government doing it? Because corporations hire companies/detectives to do this sort of work all the time and it's completely legal. However, as Catt pointed out, they have to get proof when you're out in public. They can't peer into your windows.

BTW, one article I saw says WC fraud accounts for $7.2B annually, so I'd say that's why people investigate claims.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Time to invent and market drone-confounding headwear.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This dude's career is over.

If you don't want to watch, here's a TLDR:
-There were FBI agents in the crowd at J6, probably 20, but it's not damning. There are always agents in the crowd at DC protests.
-The FBI encouraged the civil action against Alex Jones to shut him up.
-The government absolutely spies on its citizens and even "nudges" them into crimes if they feel the need. He goes out of his way to specify they don't entrap. They just do everything up to the line of entrapment.
-He is not a high IQ individual.

Nothing too shocking, but very interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

One note I forgot to add that I just remembered...

You know those white supremacist marches that make big news, particularly online, and people are asking, "Who the fuck is this?", "Never heard of them and all of a sudden they're on the news and getting to march", "These look like feds playing dress up", etc.?

Turns out that, yep, that's exactly what it is. This is one of their "not quite entrapment" tactics. Consider it a honeypot for Nazis.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was thinking of catt's two-party barrier to entry comment, today.

I thought of the Tea Party, how popular it was, and how easy it was to destroy with a few anonymous peeps showing up in KKK robes.

Peeps not liking how the government is going in 2004: "Racists!"

Peeps not liking how the government is going in 2018: "Insurrectionists!"

This message brought to you by the US Government, a division of MSM Propaganda.