Random vacation thoughts and happenstance.

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've been on a water slide where my body left the slide.
Like outside the slide? Or into the air, but back down? The former is like "WTF?"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Like an outdoor slide where my body flew off of it, but thankfully landed back on the slide. And when I say flew off, I mean I was above the half pipe and very much on the side.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We are in FL for the weekend and considered going to Universal Studios. Ticket prices are variable now, and we're over 200 per person, with no add-ons or priority anything. And all the fast pass stuff was completely sold out.

Nah.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Variable, as in more expensive as the park fills up?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:50 am Variable, as in more expensive as the park fills up?
based on the day, not time of day, but yes. This is a popular week at the parks. Yankees have winter break
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Last time I was there I bought a park/hotel package ahead of time. Didn't have to worry about gate pricing, and fast passes being booked up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:06 pm Last time I was there I bought a park/hotel package ahead of time. Didn't have to worry about gate pricing, and fast passes being booked up.
Yeah, that's what we did years ago. This was a "maybe we could go there, we're already here in Orlando, OH FUCK NO" Every day had a different price though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:56 pm We are in FL for the weekend
You, me, and half the free world apparently.

I was down in Naples. Had a nice weather pattern that really lowered the humidity, but it was still in the 80s every day.

I am not yet at the age or mindset that has me wanting to live in Florida. For one thing, all those Del Boca Vista Seinfeld episodes just got a whole lot funnier and more relevant to me. I, literally, heard half the plot lines from those episodes in this single four day weekend. Outside of my in-law's area it was just insane traffic and way too many people. Not to mention everything there is trying to kill you, particularly the sun.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:24 am I was down in Naples. Had a nice weather pattern that really lowered the humidity, but it was still in the 80s every day.
Yeah, it was super awesome without the humidity, we walked almost everywhere we went.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I love Florida, but specifically from a rocking boat in the ocean out of sight of land, and I just strapped on a knife and scuba tank.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »