Vaccinations

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Vaccinations

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: No, it's the difference between allowing people to harm others, or not.
Ideas don't hurt people. Acting on ideas hurt people.

I have some books you can burn if you like.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

Anti-Vaxers "winning the war" on social media.

There is no shortage of stupid people.

It would totally make sense if we discovered that the Earth is actually an intelligent life form. It's constantly devising new ways to keep us from overpopulating.

"Hmmm...these humans are out of control. Let's turn some of them gay."
"They're still breeding! Let's give them diseases when they have sex, some fatal."
"They're still breeding!? New strategy. I need to cull some of them if I can't stop them from fucking. Let me cause an earthquake, which will lead to a tsunami that will strike where it can kill the most people."
"That was a good start, but I need to do more damage over a wider area. Don't want to kill too many of one type of human. I remember something from long ago that killed a lot of humans. What was that? Oh yeah, a virus! However, they're getting too good with medicine. They've eliminated some of the classics. Wait, what if I started a couple of fake social media accounts and convinced them the medicine was bad?" :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by GORDON »

Shutting them up, not changing their minds. Still a minor win.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

I wanted to believe the person who made the video, but then their list at the end was shitty. The Bachelor? Really?

Besides that woman is right. I mean, doesn't John 3:16 mention Marvel/Disney dominating the entertainment industry? And Laviticus 13:25 talks all about the moon landing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

Another massive study shows no link between autism and vaccines.

The FB page where it was posted still has a bunch of anti-vaxers there arguing against it though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

750 kids in Seattle won't be allowed into school because they have no shot records.

A liberal state NOT ruling based on the lowest common denominator? Surely someone without common sense will come in and save the day?
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by TheCatt »

I get a flu shot every year. I never have any kind of reaction to it (no soreness, no symptoms, etc). Does that mean it's not triggering an immune response? Or, like a mild one? How does immune reaction to a vaccine correlate to effectiveness?
GORDON
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by GORDON »

I don't have the expertise or knowledge to answer any of your questions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »

No idea. Some years I have soreness and/or symptoms, some years nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I don't have the expertise or knowledge to answer any of your questions.
I don't either, was just... thinking. But I couldn't find any studies on it.

Nothing. The only thing I get is a little soreness if you press directly on the injection site. Whereas some friends seem like they practically have the flu from the shot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by GORDON »

In the military we got vaccinations for everything, all the time. Some of them hurt, some didn't. Dunno.

I remember the Black Plague vaccination hurting like a bitch for three days.
Cakedaddy

Vaccinations

Post by Cakedaddy »

I got the flu shot for the first time in over 20 years recently. I avoid them because I would always get a REALLY bad cold that would lead to bronchitis or strep. Every time. But my wife was pretty adamant about me getting one this year. So I did. I did not get the cold I normally do. I was counting on all the mask/sanitizer stuff helping me out. And it seems to. However, the entire upper half of my body ached HARD for about three days. I felt like I had been in a bad car accident. When I got it, they asked if I was allergic to a bunch of strange stuff, leading me to wonder "What the hell are you putting in me". I answered no because I have no known allergies. I'm starting to wonder if that's accurate now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by GORDON »

I ponder if flu season wont be as bad this year, since mask usage is up like a jillion percent over last flu season.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I ponder if flu season wont be as bad this year, since mask usage is up like a jillion percent over last flu season.
It should help. I haven't had the flu in 11 years. Was so bad I've gotten the vaccine every year since.
Cakedaddy wrote: However
That's just weird. Some soreness is normal, I've heard, but that sound s extreme
Troy

Vaccinations

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: I ponder if flu season wont be as bad this year, since mask usage is up like a jillion percent over last flu season.
I remember seeing a few weeks ago we are at historically low flu death numbers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Vaccinations

Post by Leisher »