Iran

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "We should work together on... shared priorities" I kinda want to make a "What? Destroying America?" joke, but I won't.
I would laugh.
Troy wrote: Way too coincidental to be a technical error. My best guess is some idiot Iranian military guy set his SAM to 'seek' mode to cover the capital right after the launches.
Pretty sure this is exactly what took place. Iran refusing to hand over the black box supports this completely.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pretty sure this is exactly what took place. Iran refusing to hand over the black box supports this completely.
So far it appears the missile launches were 3 hours before the plane crash... but still...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Pretty sure this is exactly what took place. Iran refusing to hand over the black box supports this completely.
So far it appears the missile launches were 3 hours before the plane crash... but still...
Those missiles are not "shoot down planes" missiles. Those were cruise missiles meant to hit land targets.

What Troy and I are saying is there was probably an anti-aircraft system activated in preparation for the U.S. military response that never came, and that's what shot down the Ukrainian airliner.

Thus the 3 hours later time frame works perfectly as that's when Iranian military forces would have been on high alert expecting U.S. drones and aircraft.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What Troy and I are saying is there was probably an anti-aircraft system activated in preparation for the U.S. military response that never came, and that's what shot down the Ukrainian airliner.
Ahhhh, gotcha.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Dems shitting on the ration for killing Soleimani.
He added: "I believe there was no rationale that could, could pass a graduate school thesis test."
Here's the problem with that: Absolutely NOBODY disputes that this guy was part of Lebanon destabilizing back in the day. Part of the evil of Syria. Helped to train and arm militants in Iraq. Is responsible for more U.S. and coalition troops than anyone else on the planet. And killed over 1500 Iranian students in their most recent protests against the hardline government.

And don't forget the #IraniansDetestSoleimani that was trending on Twitter yesterday. Also don't forget Obama killed an American citizen intentionally with a drone strike without a trial and the Dems didn't say shit.

This is not the hill to plant your moral flag upon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is not the hill to plant your moral flag upon.
Agreed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

If Trump declared a war on cancer with unlimited funding for research, the opposing party would come out pro-cancer.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

If Trump declared war on cancer he would back-trap , decide cancer had " a lot of good people" and end the war by the end of the week.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

"Trump to put oncologists out of business."

CNN, probably
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/1C888mSyD7s
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

US says Iran shot down the plane
Spy satellite imagery suggests that a Ukraine-bound Boeing airliner that crashed shortly after takeoff in Iran was shot down by Iranian missiles, NBC News reported Thursday.

The report came as President Donald Trump said he does not believe that the crash airliner in Iran was the result of mechanical error.

“It was flying in a pretty rough neighborhood,” Trump said of the crash, which occurred on the same night that Iran launched missile attacks on bases in Iraq that house U.S. and coalition forces.

“Someone could have made a mistake.”

“I have a feeling that — it’s just some very terrible, something very terrible happened, very devastating,” he said.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

CBS News quoting US intelligence said a satellite detected infrared "blips" of two missile launches, followed by another blip of an explosion.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Should have released evidence with that statement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Should have released evidence with that statement.
I always wonder about how much we should let people know about our satellite capabilities, etc.

But Iran should definitely release that black box.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But Iran should definitely release that black box.
It's probably being "lost" as we speak.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Dems still discussing Soleimani like he wasn't a monster. Buttigieg just ended his campaign.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Possible video
A small explosion occurred when a missile hit the plane, but the plane did not explode, the video showed. The jet continued flying for several minutes and turned back toward the airport, The Times has determined. The plane flew toward the airport ablaze before it exploded and crashed quickly, other videos verified by The Times showed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Black box "damaged"
"Generally speaking, Iran has the potential and know-how to decode the black box. Everybody knows that," he said.

However, Abedzadeh said, “the black box of this very Ukrainian Boeing 737 is damaged. Ukrainian Aviation experts arrived here in Tehran today. We had a session with them. From tomorrow they will start decoding the data.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Black box "damaged"
First time for everything I guess...

Btw, if Gonzo is correct and Jayapal deliberately lied to voters, shouldn't that be a crime? How are there not laws against politicians who lie...oh wait...
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

More from the "right wing media" blaming the Ukranian jet being shot down on Trump...

That third one is the best. It truly shows her extreme bigotry against the right side of the political spectrum.