Iran

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

I think this is more about soccer fans being douchebags than Iranians.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:28 pm I think this is more about soccer fans being douchebags than Iranians.
Iranians do tend to love Jews.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Iranian climber might be dead or otherwise not doing great after competing without her hijab.

Loads of civil unrest in Iran that is barely being covered by our great MSM.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck Iran.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Iran pondering changes
Iranian officials said they were finalizing plans to overhaul the enforcement of laws around women’s dress, as hundreds of businesses in Tehran and other Iranian cities closed their doors Monday at the start of a three-day strike called by antigovernment protesters.

But the prospect of government concessions appeared unlikely to satisfy many protesters who have called for a mass rally in Tehran on Wednesday.

The protests erupted in September after 22-year-old Mahsa Amini died in police custody for allegedly violating the Islamic Republic’s strict dress codes, unleashing a wave of nationwide unrest that has grown into calls for the downfall of Iran’s clerical rulers.

As the demonstrations have continued, Iran’s hard-line rulers have begun trying to peel off support for the protests. Steps have included disbanding the morality police, which detained Ms. Amini, and easing enforcement of laws requiring women to cover their heads with a veil, known as hijab.

On Monday a spokesman for the morality police, formally named the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, said its mission to enforce the hijab laws “has now ended” in a statement to Jamaran, an Iranian news site. He said “new methods, more up-to-date and more precise” were under consideration.
Sounds like they want to enforce it, just under a different name/way?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

U.S. parts from over a dozen companies are in Iranian drones.

I realize it wouldn't be crazy complicated to obtain these through fronts in "legal" countries, but if any company is found to have been dealing with Iran directly, then drop the hammer on them. Throw executives in jail for treason and penalize the company to its knees. This is the only way you stop this shit from happening.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Apprently has secret "torture centers".

This has to be the least shocking news ever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

US trades 5 prisoners and $6B for 5 Americans.

How we feeling about this?

I'm super happy for the freed people and their families, but I'm thinking we gave up way too much. Why not a direct 5 for 5 swap? Why did the $6B need to be included? Whoever negotiates for the Biden administration is not good at their job. Although, neither is their Russian counterpart who will probably fall out of a window once Putin hears Iran got a prisoner swap AND $6B.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

We didn't give them $6Bn, it was already theirs, technically. We allowed South Korea to unfreeze the money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I've heard that excuse. Doesn't matter if it was their money. Was it being withheld for funsies? No.

The score still stands at 5 vs 5 + $6B.

Issuing new sanctions right after the deal is hilariously bad optics too. What do new sanctions mean when you're willing to ignore them in terrible negotiations?
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

It'll be some talking point used in the election year to talk about how they actually aren't soft on prisoner trades or whatever that horseshit was. Like closing oil drilling exploration in Alaska to headlines, but quietly opening it in the Gulf of Mexico.

It's all horseshit designed to keep their jobs, and keep the money flowing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:19 pm Yeah, I've heard that excuse. Doesn't matter if it was their money. Was it being withheld for funsies? No.

Issuing new sanctions right after the deal is hilariously bad optics too. What do new sanctions mean when you're willing to ignore them in terrible negotiations?
OK, so better we never get the Americans back, got it. Fuck those people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Out of curiosity, who are these innocent idiots travelling through Iran?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:25 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:19 pm Yeah, I've heard that excuse. Doesn't matter if it was their money. Was it being withheld for funsies? No.

OK, so better we never get the Americans back, got it. Fuck those people.
Where did I say that? Why are you doing the stupid "all or nothing" argument? You'd better be trolling. This is why our country is so fucking divided. "Agree with every single aspect of what I believe or you're Hitler."

I'm simply saying this was a bad deal. Is it as bad as trading the merchant of death for an anti-American basketball player so stupid that she tried smuggling illegal drugs into another country? Maybe.

Also, how did Iran obtain these 5 Americans and who did we give up for them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:30 pm I'm simply saying this was a bad deal.
OK, go make a better one?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:30 pm I'm simply saying this was a bad deal.
OK, go make a better one?
Look at you Neo.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Maybe have enough sense to know that if you're an American in Iran, you'll probably be jailed. Like if you're a bicycle on a city street during rush hour, you'll probably get run over.

There are natural consequences to both things, and how hard are we really expected to weep? Blah blah blah life is precious bullshit.

Life's hard when you're dumb.