Iran

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

Does make this kind of funny in retrospect.
Khamenei.ir @khamenei_ir

That guy has tweeted that we see Iran responsible for the events in Baghdad & we will respond to Iran.
1st: You can’t do anything.
2nd: If you were logical —which you’re not— you’d see that your crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan… have made nations hate you.
https://
twitter.com/realDonaldTrum
p/status/1212121026072592384
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

I will have actual grown-up thoughts about this at some point. For now I’m holding my breath for a missile attack on a US base, ship, or ally (Israel).

Here’s a not-grown-up tweet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: For now I’m holding my breath for a missile attack on a US base, ship, or ally (Israel).
Israel is thrilled about the US killing this guy. They want nothing more than Iran, their biggest enemy in the region, to pick a fight with the U.S.

Iran won't be so brazen with their response. It has to be calculated. Enough to make them look tough to their people, but small enough that it won't spark a full out war that they cannot win.

I find the response from certain political spectrums to be interesting. The condemnation of violence in the region was missing for the past few days as Iranians were trying to storm another U.S. embassy. Goes to show you how disingenuous those condemnations are and how they're nothing more than political posturing. I cannot stand it when these asshats do that. I didn't like it when Rs did it to Clinton/Obama, and I don't like it when Ds did it to Bush/Trump. It IS bullshit that Trump briefed all the Rs and not the Ds. Like them or don't like them, work together you fucking clowns.

The duffel bag is hilarious.

Meanwhile, I see John Cusack and Rose McGowan have been apologizing to Iran via Twitter. Rose, in particular, seems to have lost her mind. Someone might want to tell these idiots that this guy had already been responsible for a lot of American, and coalition, deaths. This wasn't Ghandi that was killed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Israel is thrilled about the US killing this guy. They want nothing more than Iran, their biggest enemy in the region, to pick a fight with the U.S.
Israel is thrilled because they were on the cusp of taking this guy out a few years ago until Obama snitched on them.
Leisher wrote:Iran won't be so brazen with their response. It has to be calculated. Enough to make them look tough to their people, but small enough that it won't spark a full out war that they cannot win.
I agree. They'll attack a US ally and say that's retaliation. If even that. I'm seeing we took out some other high profile Iranians in Iraq a couple of hours ago.
Leisher wrote:I find the response from certain political spectrums to be interesting. The condemnation of violence in the region was missing for the past few days as Iranians were trying to storm another U.S. embassy. Goes to show you how disingenuous those condemnations are and how they're nothing more than political posturing. I cannot stand it when these asshats do that. I didn't like it when Rs did it to Clinton/Obama, and I don't like it when Ds did it to Bush/Trump. It IS bullshit that Trump briefed all the Rs and not the Ds. Like them or don't like them, work together you fucking clowns.
I'm okay with that. From both sides when it comes to legit military actions. I'm trying to remember if anyone was ever held accountable for illegally leaking the Kavanaugh report to the press? Some Democrats are legit siding with Iran over the President. I'm not upset they didn't clue them in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

I've been contemplating this strike.

The left are saying Trump did this to distract from his legal troubles. I don't think that's without merit. I remember when Clinton was being impeached and all of a sudden he was ordering airstrikes. I'll never forget how he declined to kill bin Laden pre-911 because the satellite image showed a swing set near the cave bunker, yet he bombed a hospital while being impeached. Do I think Trump acted out of selfish motivation? I don't think he plotted with Iran to attempt a siege on an American embassy at the perfect time, which is the action that led to this strike, but I'm certain he doesn't mind the distraction.

That being said, is there someone else on the planet more worthy of being eliminated? This guy was, as a Navy SEAL put it, "the head of the snake" for Iran's state sponsored terrorism. He was responsible for more U.S. and coalition troop deaths than anyone else in the world. He was a central figure in destabilizing Lebanon. He has fought for Assad in Syria. And he was the leader of the forces that cracked down on Iranian college students who were protesting recently. Nobody should be shedding tears for this monster.
Vince wrote: Some Democrats are legit siding with Iran over the President.
No they're not. They're simply playing politics. They're all children. If they get left out of a decision, they whine and complain about whatever decision was made. That's why you bring them in, to appease them. If you're an R president and you need to hit someone, you bring the Ds into the loop so they can feel powerful, like they were a part of the decision, and vice versa. Then the only dissenting voices will be from the fringes of the other party.

By the way, to showcase how social media can be a bad thing, did you see how fear mongers were immediately pushing that we were going to war and there would be a draft? The Selective Service site actually crashed due to the traffic from scared kids. My 14 year old even came and asked me if there was going to be a draft.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair to the Dems, Trump's decision making is pretty terrible. I'd be skeptical of almost anything he did/does.

The guy certainly deserved death.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair to the Dems, Trump's decision making is pretty terrible. I'd be skeptical of almost anything he did/does.
No disagreement from me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

About a half dozen Americans playing BBall in Iran are worried.

I'm reminded of this:
https://youtu.be/C4MVQby0InQ
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Wonder if Iran can hack our power grid. Or if China would help them do it
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

I don't think China will help them. That'd be fucking with their own money, and their #1 consumer.

Trump claims 52 targets will be hit immediately if Iran retaliates.

Meanwhile, Iran's president is saying if they don't retaliate then the U.S. will get bolder.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I've been contemplating this strike.

The left are saying Trump did this to distract from his legal troubles. I don't think that's without merit. I remember when Clinton was being impeached and all of a sudden he was ordering airstrikes. I'll never forget how he declined to kill bin Laden pre-911 because the satellite image showed a swing set near the cave bunker, yet he bombed a hospital while being impeached. Do I think Trump acted out of selfish motivation? I don't think he plotted with Iran to attempt a siege on an American embassy at the perfect time, which is the action that led to this strike, but I'm certain he doesn't mind the distraction.

That being said, is there someone else on the planet more worthy of being eliminated? This guy was, as a Navy SEAL put it, "the head of the snake" for Iran's state sponsored terrorism. He was responsible for more U.S. and coalition troop deaths than anyone else in the world. He was a central figure in destabilizing Lebanon. He has fought for Assad in Syria. And he was the leader of the forces that cracked down on Iranian college students who were protesting recently. Nobody should be shedding tears for this monster.
I might entertain this if Trump were being damaged by this impeachment fiasco. The polls show him going up. The latest Virginia one-on-one polls show him beating every Dem presidential candidate except Biden right now. This is the state that just turned completely red.
Leisher wrote:No they're not. They're simply playing politics. They're all children. If they get left out of a decision, they whine and complain about whatever decision was made. That's why you bring them in, to appease them. If you're an R president and you need to hit someone, you bring the Ds into the loop so they can feel powerful, like they were a part of the decision, and vice versa. Then the only dissenting voices will be from the fringes of the other party.
Okay, then for the sake of politics they are siding with the enemy. It's not so they can feel important. It's so their brokers can short the stocks that the attack would impact. How else do you think these guys make their millions while they're in office? I think they've earned the scorn to the point where I'm okay with Trump giving them the bare legal minimum. I'm okay with him giving back the same level of professional courtesy that he's been getting since he got to Washington. I'm just really pissed that they have me defending this guy to this level. I still don't much like the guy. He's a bad President. This is probably the worst opposition party in the history of the United States.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

$80M bounty on Trump. Is that USD? Why would they speak in Imperialist Dollars?
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: $80M bounty on Trump. Is that USD? Why would they speak in Imperialist Dollars?
They still have a lot left over from the pallets we sent?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: $80M bounty on Trump. Is that USD? Why would they speak in Imperialist Dollars?
They still have a lot left over from the pallets we sent?
I laughed.

So is this their retaliation? You know, besides continuing to fund terrorist organizations...
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

#IraniansDetestSoleimani is trending on Twitter.

It's tweets from Iranians, and others in the Islamic world, with basically the opposite message that Iran and the MSM here have been pushing.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I saw a video clip of a group of young men getting the snot beat out of them for not being at the funeral mourning.

Our media has become enemy propaganda.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Iran just missiled a US airbase.

That was a hilarious mistake. Make popcorn.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Iran just missiled a US airbase.

That was a hilarious mistake. Make popcorn.
Stocks are down 200 pts in futures.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Hope you filled up your gas tanks today.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Hope you filled up your gas tanks today.
We make our own oil now.
A U.S. official confirms to ABC News that ballistic missiles have been fired from inside Iran at multiple U.S. military facilities inside Iraq on Wednesday morning local time.