The car you drive

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I really like the way Audis look but I've heard they're expensive to maintain. I think Benzes are ugly, and BMWs kind of cliche.
I dont like Lexuses.
https://www.genesis.com/us/en/2020/genesis-g90.html ?

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/panamera/ ?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

This thread is getting booooooooring.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Lol, just lol if you don't have a truck with which you do your manly things.
Truck all you want, sex is much easier in a minivan.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

I have the sudden urge to shop for a burial plot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I have the sudden urge to shop for a burial plot.
No idea how easy those are to have sex in.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Very. They're a lot bigger than you think.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Hold on gonna drink my metamucil and apply my fixident before i catch up on the BMW talk.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Very. They're a lot bigger than you think.
Bugs, damp, etc.
GORDON wrote: Hold on gonna drink my metamucil and apply my fixident before i catch up on the BMW talk.
Says the guy driving a Leaf?
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Hey? Speak into my good ear, Sonny.
Cakedaddy

The car you drive

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was going to comment that 'you know it's bad when Gordon is calling you old', but then I realized, it could be a price thing. Perhaps it's his frugalness showing through, thus keeping him propped firmly at the top of our 'old man' hill.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if you have an option to order a BMW straight from the factory without the turn signal arm, or if you have to have it removed aftermarket?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

BMW M5?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Model 3 - The fast one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

So, when we going on some test drives?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: So, when we going on some test drives?
So.... what kinda car did ya got?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:59 pm
TheCatt wrote: So, when we going on some test drives?
So.... what kinda car did ya got?
Didja get a new car?

I'm pondering something right now. My 07(?) Highlander V6 is nice enough, but a little boring. Want more vroom. Maybe a sports sedan. But I could probably get something impractical and keep that for driving the kids around.

The new S is somewhat tempting. Going to test drive it when it's out. I kinda want to go electric, but all the other cars are too new, and need better batteries and battery mgmt systems. On the other hand, Tesla's build quality sucks.

I did enter this raffle. So if the works out, I guess i'm good.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:18 pm I did enter this raffle. So if the works out, I guess i'm good.
Me too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The car you drive

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know if the chip shortage will affect Teslas, but it's real. Have been looking at vehicles for about 6 weeks now. Finally was able to get one. Prices suck, availability sucks, and dealerships are in full 'fuck you' mode.

You know how you used to call a dealer and say "This is what I'm looking for" and they would say "Ya, I could get you that in a couple days with dealer trade" and you'd be like "Awesome. Thank you!" Now it's "This is what I'm looking for" and they say "I don't have that" and you say "Can you get it?" and they say "No, we aren't doing dealer trades right now" so you say "Can you tell me where one is" and they say "No, I have no idea what other dealers have, but I did just find this 3 trim levels higher than you wanted one on the lot. Want that one for 30% more than what you were planning on spending?" So, lets just hit the internet and check dealer inventories on line. "Hey. Here's one. I'll call about it" "Oh, that one's been sold. We just didn't update our inventory on line". Ok, so I guess I should just call them and stop searching online. "I'm calling about trucks." "Is there one on the site that you were interested in?" "No, I didn't check the site because the online inventory doesn't seem to be accurate" perturbed that they are going to have to do some work to help "What are you looking for then?" "This stuff" "We don't have that, but here's a 3 trim level higher one we have in this horrible color missing key options that EVERYONE wants."

I literally called 40+ dealerships looking for a vehicle. Finally found one, 3.5 hours away. Drive there to get it. "We applied our paint protection for $699 and anti theft tags for $399". "I don't want either of those." "Well, we had to repaint a couple of vehicles when bugs died on them and got baked into the paint so we just put this on all of our cars now." "I have a real problem with $1100 extra for stuff I don't want (and know probably cost $200 materials/labor)". "Well, we can take the anti theft tags out, and I can discount the paint protection by $100. How does that sound? You'll really be glad you have the paint protection." "Well, let me call the other dealership with my second choice and see if they are adding extra stuff I wasn't expecting. Because if that just what dealerships are doing right now, I guess I have to deal with it." He gives me his office. The other dealership is NOT adding forced upgrades (for the record, another dealership quoted a $699 paint protection on their vehicle as well). I'm sure they hear the whole conversation because he comes back as soon as I hang up with news that they found $1k in 'money' they can apply to vehicles and they would discount the other $100 in this other way. So, I didn't have to pay for the bullshit upgrades. I looked at:
Mercedes Metris
Nissaon NV2500
Toyota Tacoma (they were leasing for $263/month no money down, 15k per year, the ONLY fair lease deal on any vehicle I looked into) But were just too small.
Ford F150
RAM 1500
Chevy Silverado
GMC Sierra

ALL lease programs were extremely inflated. Paying a minimum of 50% more than their estimated depreciation. For a few vehicles, we've been paying $310-325/month for RAM Bighorns (brother in law works for them). Right now, same vehicles leasing for $480-510(with his discount).

If you do not NEEEEED a vehicle right now, I highly suggest putting it on hold.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

It's not just a chip shortage. All those rental companies who sold their fleets during the pandemic are now trying to buy new fleets.