The car you drive

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:31 pm I don't think that's true. There are different F150 sizes depending on the model you get. Regular cab has two doors, extended has 2 doors and two bat wings with back seats, and king cab has four doors. And then you still have the option of full sized bed or not.

I think that graphic is wack and someone is lying to make a point.

I don't know what you could mean by that, Gordon.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

I'm not sure about that graphic, but I definitely see trucks with shorter beds. I also think a large percentage of people driving trucks have no idea what the lines in a parking lot mean.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:14 pm I'm not sure about that graphic, but I definitely see trucks with shorter beds. I also think a large percentage of people driving trucks have no idea what the lines in a parking lot mean.
Ditto + Ditto.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Some trucks have shorter beds. They're called ... Wait for it ... Shortbeds.

But they still sell them full size because it's retarded to say there aren't people who need them, as that is why most people have trucks in spite of what the penis imagineers think.

Guess what ... You can have a legitimate need of a large truck, and not be hauling shit 90% of the time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:05 am Some trucks have shorter beds. They're called ... Wait for it ... Shortbeds.

But they still sell them full size because it's retarded to say there aren't people who need them, as that is why most people have trucks in spite of what the penis imagineers think.

Guess what ... You can have a legitimate need of a large truck, and not be hauling shit 90% of the time.
Nobody is arguing that. (Nobody here...) However, 95% of the truck owners I know have never hauled shit and don't work manual labor jobs.

I'm just poking fun at truck owners, but the parking thing is legit a problem. Lots were not designed with these behemoths in mind. It's like how airplane seats weren't designed with the obesity problem in mind.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:22 am However, 95% of the truck owners I know have never hauled shit and don't work manual labor jobs.
Its like how SUV drivers never leave the road.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

I can't speak for all truck owner, but as for the ones I know, 90% of them use trucks to haul shit in spite of them not hauling 90% of the time. I'm sure some idiot looks askance at me from time to time when I'm at the grocery store in the 4x4 because the kid has the EV for the day. A million "compensating for a small penis" comments on the internet affirms that.

Therefore, I always assume that people who make assumptions like that online are retarded who are adding nothing of value to the world. Their opinion is based on ignorance, mine is based on observation of behavior. My opinion holds more water.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 am My opinion holds more water.
More than your tiny penis can hold.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 am Therefore, I always assume that people who make assumptions like that online are retarded who are adding nothing of value to the world.
GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 am I can't speak for all truck owner, but as for the ones I know, 90% of them use trucks to haul shit in spite of them not hauling 90% of the time.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Observation, not opinion.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

My kid has his license now, and has been driving the Leaf to and from school. About 17 miles one way, 10 of them through the east and south sides of Toledo (the worst sides).

As such, I installed a dashcam a couple months ago, to cover him in case he gets in an accident and they try to pin it on the teenager, right or wrong.

And on January 30, my car magnet child got hit in the side. A girl came out of the street on the left, from a stop sign, and hit him in the side. Dashcam got it all, in clear 4k.

Car is drivable, but he called me to come handle it anyway. My kid already had her name, phone number, pictures of the accident scene. She claimed she couldn't find her insurance card. I didn't think to get a picture of her drivers license.

Toledo Police declined to come to the scene. Dashcam shows a police car passing them immediately after the accident, he must have been right behind my kid. Witnessed the accident, didn't stop. Thanks, TPD.

I call my insurance agent, give him all the info we had. I send him the pics and dashcam video. He agrees my kid is not at fault.... "How did she not see him?" Two weeks go by, she wont take his calls, and he wants to know if I want to just eat it on my insurance.

I call her. I leave a voicemail, tell her if she doesn't stop ducking the insurance agent, I'm going to fill out a police report, and then sue her.

She texts back immediately, "We've been playing phone tag." I give her the number that gets me right to his desk. Agent calls me ten minutes later asking what I said to her, because now she's being very cooperative. She is uninsured. I have uninsured motorist coverage. My car is now scheduled at a body shop, and they're billing her for it.

Leaf's a tank. The battery is so heavy, cars tend to bounce off it. But the drivers side doors are dented in. Again. Sigh.

I wish people would stop driving their cars into my son. This is the 3rd time in as many years. He says, "I have successfully defended my Man vs. Car title."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 am I wish people would stop driving their cars into my son. This is the 3rd time in as many years. He says, "I have successfully defended my Man vs. Car title."
Ugh, seriously. I'm almost surprised he's still willing to get into a car.

And fuck uninsured motorists.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

He was a little uneasy the next day for school, but got back in the horse.

I'm nervous as fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:18 am And fuck uninsured motorists.
When I was stationed in NM, one of the briefing we got as a welcome to the base was to always stop at stop signs and then assume that other people wouldn't. Why? Because there was fuck tons of illegals there, they absolutely suck at driving in this country, and none of them have insurance. They aren't going to stick around, swap information, and wait for the police.
thibodeaux

The car you drive

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:00 pm they absolutely suck at driving in this country
Sure, in THIS country.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:58 pm Autobraking systems to be required soon?
Vehicles with AEB use sensors such as radar, sonar, or cameras to detect when a vehicle ahead has slowed or stopped.
They keep adding gadgets which make it easier and easier to total a car with a minor fender bender. Because now that fender will cost $12k to replace the radar system that was tucked into it.

I do not approve. I think a better solution would be to not allow people to drive who have proven they cause accidents. We have enough people on the road, now. Let's start weeding out the shitty ones.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:02 pm I do not approve. I think a better solution would be to not allow people to drive who have proven they cause accidents. We have enough people on the road, now. Let's start weeding out the shitty ones.
I'm actually in favor of this concept.

-2nd DUI/DWI/OUI/whatever? That's a permanent suspension of your license. Tough shit. Don't be a selfish dick next time.
-Are you 65? Congrats on retirement! However, now every 5 years you now have to take a quick cognitive test to ensure you should still be driving. When you hit 80 it becomes every other year.
-3rd accident you caused? You're riding the bus the rest of your life.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

But step 1 is pulling the license. Step 2 is using some of this car-gadget technology so that the car won't operate if a valid license and insurance card aren't inserted into a slot. That will cause massive change instantly, as so many people drive without one or both, right now, today.
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

This guy is a good tech follow. Sure, he hits a lot of topics most of us know, but he also does more in depth things. Anyway, don't forget to delete your phone from your car rentals. I've been trying to remember for years and always delete all the other ones I find in there.