Post by TheCatt »

Vroom vroom
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

"Nice car, Catt" - No one.

At least I locked in my loan rate 3 weeks ago, rates went up 0.30 since.

Speaking of which, bonds, man... interest rates are going up up up

"That's not a truck" - Gordon

"How can you have sex in that?" - Leisher

"I prefer the Cayenne" - Cake (Or, "Why didn't get you get the GT3 in the background instead?) :)
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

Is it electric? I didn't know the idea was that you bought it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:55 pm Is it electric? I didn't know the idea was that you bought it.
It is the "car you drive" thread. Guess I was too subtle. Like the blue of the car, subtle.

It's a gas engine. 2.5L 4-cyl turbo, 350HP, convertible.

Looked at cars last year, and decided I wasn't quite ready to go electric, decided this would probably be the last ICE car I ever bought for myself, so wanted to have some fun.

That was a picture I took at the dealership while signing all the @#%*#%@*# paperwork.

We bought it in October, and then had to wait for it to get built and shipped across the Atlantic. It arrived on my birthday(!), but I couldn't pick it up til last Thursday as they had to prep it + I went out of town for work for a few days.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

You know jealous people are going to be seeing that and immediately thinking about your penis, right? Like, mostly unattractive people.

But not everyone needs a truck. Some people only need enough hauling capacity for a cute little handbag with a little dog in it.

You're looking at current gas prices, and thinking this isn't the time for electric? (Oh, October. Damn, 9 months ago)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:15 pm You're looking at current gas prices, and thinking this isn't the time for electric? (Oh, October. Damn, 9 months ago)
I'm looking at charging speeds + charging stations. Also, very few (if any?) electric convertibles.
GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:15 pm You know jealous people are going to be seeing that and immediately thinking about your penis, right?
They would mostly be impressed. :)
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

You can charge overnight in your garage. You're golden. It has, what, 300 miles of range? That's enough to get the wife to the ocean for a weekend. I can't imagine you're planning any family road trips in that thing.
Cakedaddy

The car you drive

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:24 pm "I prefer the Cayenne" - Cake (Or, "Why didn't get you get the GT3 in the background instead?) :)
No, it's more like "that blue. . . ." :shock:

Also, after doing some research back in the day, I settled on AMG. Was thisclose to getting one, but it's actually my wife's car, and she couldn't find one, but kept finding GLE's, so that's what she bought. She did put the AMG package on it for some cosmetic upgrades though. She likes the big tires.

I don't know my Porches enough to know how impressed I should be. What model?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:20 pmWhat model?
Boxster S

As far as $$ goes, not the most impressive, but super fun.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:20 pm No, it's more like "that blue. . . ."
Subtle, isn't it?

I didn't want another boring car. So many boring cars on the road: black, grey, white, off-white!

Red + Yellow are too McDonalds for me. That basically left the Dark Blue in the middle row, Bright blue, and maybe that deeper Red. But the blue spoke to me.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

I like the blue. It plays.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:37 pm I like the blue. It plays.
I love the blue, but I can see how others wouldn't. It's like girls with tattoos. Some people hate that, some people love it. But people are rarely in the middle.
GORDON
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by GORDON »

The whimsy of it perfectly balances the pretentiousness of being a porsch owner.
Stranger

The car you drive

Post by Stranger »

WOW Catt that is a nice ride!

I can see rolling up to the Browns/Commanders game in that. People would think we were players.. well maybe front office guys or something. But you'd get the best parking spots i'm sure.

I like the blue.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:50 am WOW Catt that is a nice ride!
Thanks!
Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:50 am I can see rolling up to the Browns/Commanders game in that. People would think we were players.. well maybe front office guys or something. But you'd get the best parking spots i'm sure.
Only downside is having to borrow someone else's tailgate :) Storage is, uh, minimal.

The other day I was driving our oldest to rock climbing practice with the top down, and a 19-20 yo looking kid drove up next to us, rolled down his window and yelled "I LOVE YOUR CAR!"

lol.

It's fun as hell. I didn't buy it for attention, and it's weird to get attention for it.
Cakedaddy

The car you drive

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:04 am I didn't buy it for attention
Sure. :lol: The guy who bought a bright blue Porche convertible didn't know he'd draw attention!
Leisher
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:24 pm "How can you have sex in that?" - Leisher
Tell me it's not a legit question!

Also, nice car. I would never buy that color up here due to the rivalry, but down there it's nice. :D
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:00 am
Sure. :lol: The guy who bought a bright blue Porche convertible didn't know he'd draw attention!
It's like the woman who wears a push up bra and a really low cut top then calls men pigs if they look at her cleavage.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:00 am
Oh, I knew it WOULD bring attention, I didn't BUY IT for attention.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:14 am Tell me it's not a legit question!
My wife already asked twice, I said we'd figure it out.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:14 am It's like the woman who wears a push up bra and a really low cut top then calls men pigs if they look at her cleavage.
She just wants to be comfortable!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:20 pm Also, after doing some research back in the day, I settled on AMG. Was thisclose to getting one, but it's actually my wife's car, and she couldn't find one, but kept finding GLE's, so that's what she bought. She did put the AMG package on it for some cosmetic upgrades though. She likes the big tires.
postpixplz k tx.
Cakedaddy

The car you drive

Post by Cakedaddy »

Of my wife?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The car you drive

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:50 pmOf my wife?
I mean, if you feel like sharing.