Vaping

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They still sell cigs, though. That's the stupidest thing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

"Vaping."

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think the big difference is:
Cig: We are dangerous and are going to kill you one day.
Vape: We're safe!

With cigs, at least people have the facts and can make their choice based on them. With vaping, we are being lied to and so they should be pulled from shelves until they come clean and admit that they are going to kill you as well.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fair enough.

But I've seen a lot of those anti-smoking commercials that say it isn't safe.
Vince

"Vaping."

Post by Vince »

Cakedaddy wrote: I think the big difference is:
Cig: We are dangerous and are going to kill you one day.
Vape: We're safe!

With cigs, at least people have the facts and can make their choice based on them. With vaping, we are being lied to and so they should be pulled from shelves until they come clean and admit that they are going to kill you as well.
While I think it's fair to say we don't know if vaping is safe, the deaths so far (to my knowledge) have not been related to the legally sold stuff, have they?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaping

Post by TheCatt »

18 deaths, >1,000 illnesses
Of the 578 cases where doctors know what patients were using, roughly 78% of the patients said they vaped THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
Vince

"Vaping."

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

"Vaping."

Post by Vince »

A righteous crusade supported by media hysteria is almost always a safe political move.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vitamin e oil may be the cause
There's now solid evidence that vitamin E oil found in bootleg THC vape products is behind at least some of the 2,000-plus severe vaping-related lung injuries nationwide — a finding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls a "breakthrough" in the investigation.

"For the first time, we have detected a potential toxin of concern: vitamin E acetate," Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC's principal deputy director, said in a call with reporters on Friday. Vitamin E acetate, an oil, is a synthetic form of vitamin E.

Investigators tested samples of fluid taken from the lungs of 29 patients with vaping illness in 10 different states, and found vitamin E acetate in all 29. No other oils, such as mineral oil or plant oils, were found at high levels.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Now with popcorn lung!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fucking gross.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Vaping

Post by Leisher »

Juul wants approval for new vape that can verify the user's age.
To verify a user’s age, the proposed vape pairs with a phone app, requiring a customer to either upload their government ID and a real-time selfie or input personal information and allow a third-party database to verify their identity, according to a Juul spokesperson.
Call me crazy, but I think this will be beaten rather quickly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Vaping

Post by TheCatt »

Probably just a way to "show they care" about underage use while knowing it will never be approved