ISIS

For stuff that is general.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

And it isn't if I should join or not. LOL
I am kind of at a by pass. My wife bitched to me the other day that she wished people would quit calling them Muslims. They are not. They are just radicals claiming to be. We do not act that way.
So I wonder if there is a possibility to change the media name for it? Muslim radical still indites the faith.
Jordon sending in more planes today to bomb because they killed one of there pilots a few months again gives me hope.
ISIS to me says they need to be smashed. Eliminated. Anyhow I do like to hear more opinions. Then I can think the whole problem over.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Sorry, they're Muslims. Before reformation in the Christian faith when the Christians followed the Old Testament to the letter (the whole eye for an eye thing), they were still Christians doing those horrible things. I don't think all Muslims are bad, but I think pretending that the radicals AREN'T Muslim isn't going to help anyone.

There is something they call the Bubba Effect. It happens when people in authority keep telling the common man that they're wrong about their beliefs and eventually there's an event and the "Bubbas" rise up and take action on their own. This happens because the average Joe feels like he isn't being heard. If we have another big event approaching 9/11 in scope, we're probably going to see an example of the Bubba Effect.

Two things are happening now that are probably going to lead to this. The first is people in authority that keep telling us that what's happening over there has nothing to do with Islam. Even though Islam is in their name and there was an editorial that came out of a Turkish paper explaining how there was an Islamic exception to the burning of a body in a Quran. If the President wants to say there are good Muslims and there are Muslims that still think its the 10th century, then that's a distinction I (and I think most people) can accept. But to say they aren't Muslims that are doing this stuff is like saying the Crips aren't black or the Latin Kings aren't Hispanic.

The other thing that's going to go hand in hand with the coming Bubba Effect is how the people in authority keep telling us there's no danger in having all these illegals cross the border that we don't know who they are. Because they're going to magically stop the bad ones and deport them, even though we don't know who's coming over or where they're going now.

As long as our government is too afraid to even call them by their name, then it becomes pretty obvious that they're too afraid to actually do anything to fight them.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

As far as the illegals. It should be a closed boarder. No one should enter or leave unless you go thru a check. If they made it so hard for people to employ them then they wouldn't be here.
As for not calling them Muslims. Well yes why not. A pig can say it is a beauty queen. But it is still a pig in a dress.
I would also like to add the some of the worst people I have ever met claim to be Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu. God is behind me so how could I do any wrong people.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I can't say Inquisition wasn't carried out by Christians just because I think they were giving Christians a bad name. This isn't a case of a pig calling itself a beauty queen. This is a case of (to use the same metaphor) other pigs getting pissed because that one's embarrassing them.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Anyhow Vince I should have added. Thanks for your input. And I did ask for opinions. Unk
I will take all in advisement.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eh. All one can do is say "We all aren't like that," if you are so inclined. ISIS flies the Muslim flag, what can you do? Abortion clinic bombers and gay bashers fly the Christian flag, but I fully believe that they don't represent "real" christians. Christ, as I understand it, would not be killing doctors and tying gay peeps to fences to die of exposure just to prove a point. I keep hearing that Islam is a religion of peace; I have never read the rules but I will just assume it is true. ISIS and other terrorists are just assholes who happened to be raised Islamic, so they latch on to that as a raison d'État for acting like assholes. There hasn't been any real backlash against Muslims (aside from maybe a sidelong glance), so peeps in America seem to understand that. We hate black people and Jews way more.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2009/victims.html

Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2009, there were 4,057 victims of racially motivated hate crimes.

- 71.5 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-black bias.
- 16.5 percent were victims because of an anti-white bias.

Of the 1,575 victims of an anti-religious hate crime:

- 71.9 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
- 8.4 percent were victims because of an anti-Islamic bias.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Unk, I'll make a deal with you. If you don't accuse me of being in the mafia because I'm Italian, I won't accuse you or your wife of being terrorists :-)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sorry, they're Muslims.

They are people who call themselves Muslims. Depending upon the particular yard stick you use to measure Muslim-ness, they could go either way.

I can't say Inquisition wasn't carried out by Christians just because I think they were giving Christians a bad name.

If you interpret "Christian" to mean "follower of Christ," then the dudes conducting the Inquisitions weren't Christian. There is nothing anywhere in the New Testament attributed to Jesus, in any way, shape, or form, no matter how insane your take on it, that comes close to permitting such a thing.

They're running a false flag operation, or false religion, if you will.

It happens when people in authority keep telling the common man that they're wrong about their beliefs and eventually there's an event and the "Bubbas" rise up and take action on their own.

The common man in this country has forgotten how to do shit on his own. I can find no other explanation for the ass-hats we elect every other year.

The first is people in authority that keep telling us that what's happening over there has nothing to do with Islam.

There's conflict over there, and the people involved call themselves Islamic. The conflict is not a direct result of Islam. That's like saying the Civil War was due only to slavery or the Thirty Years War was due only to Christianity. Any major religion tends to splinter into smaller groups, and they generally don't get along too well. Ask the hundreds of sects the Church cracked down on in the Middle Ages. Oh shit, you can't. Because they were all executed or tortured to death. The Church didn't have Twitter or YouTube back then, but if they did, that shit would have been broadcast worldwide.

But to say they aren't Muslims that are doing this stuff is like saying the Crips aren't black or the Latin Kings aren't Hispanic.

So religions are gangs now? Yeah, I can buy into that.

Edited By Malcolm on 1423329874
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Merge.
Malcolm

Re: ISIS

Post by Malcolm »

Never send a boy to do a man's job.
According to German media, investigators said that they think the boy, who holds dual German and Iraqi citizenship, was guided by a member of the Islamic State terrorist organization.

Focus news magazine reported Friday that the 12-year-old had planted a backpack containing a homemade bomb outside city hall in the center of Ludwigshafen on Dec. 5. A passer-by spotted it and called police, according to the magazine, and experts then partially detonated the device.