Hurricane's a-comin'

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Another hurricane coming to New Orleans area. We'll see if we lose gasoline again, but looks like only a 2-3
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by GORDON »

Should be fine, a democrat is president.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:12 am Another hurricane coming to New Orleans area. We'll see if we lose gasoline again, but looks like only a 2-3
It's sure gone from "expected to be a 2" to a 3 to a 4 really quick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:07 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:12 am Another hurricane coming to New Orleans area. We'll see if we lose gasoline again, but looks like only a 2-3
It's sure gone from "expected to be a 2" to a 3 to a 4 really quick.
Looks like it'll hit 155mph, just shy of Cat 5.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

You should evacuate. "Nah"
Some of the 40 people who defied mandatory evacuation orders in Grand Isle, Louisiana, called to be rescued as Hurricane Ida made landfall, officials said.

No one was able to go rescue them, Jefferson County Parish President Cynthia Lee Sheng told reporters at a news conference Sunday afternoon.

"We're getting requests for rescue, but I do not know the status of those people, and I don't know if even [the first responders on the island] know the status of those people," she said. The number of calls emergency dispatchers received was not specified.

The 40 people who remained in the town are a mix of residents and first responders who are hunkering down during Ida.

The lone road into Grand Isle was flooded by 6 feet of water, Sheng said.

"The conditions are very, very bad right now in Grand Isle," Sheng said. "They are really getting beaten up right at this moment."
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

Why would anyone live in New Orleans?

Constant hurricanes. Racism. Drunk tourists. Corrupt police and government. High crime rates. High humidity. Daily parades affecting commutes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:07 pm Why would anyone live in New Orleans?

Constant hurricanes. Racism. Drunk tourists. Corrupt police and government. High crime rates. High humidity. Daily parades affecting commutes.
Beignets?
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

I laughed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Hurricane's going to Tampa... (Current models). Tampa hasn't gotten a direct hit in 100 years or something.
GORDON
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by GORDON »

We scuba dive Tampa, 4 years later BAM hurricane. Fucked up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

A friend of mine was in town this weekend from Tampa and I had asked him about Ian. He wasn't worried specifically because of that whole "100 years" thing. Oops. I'm hearing flooding is going to be a huge problem for them as they're unprepared. How do you live on America's Wang and not prepare for an inevitable hurricane?

My in laws, wife, and one kid were supposed to head down to Naples Wednesday. The in laws moved their flight to Thursday and my wife and kid moved theirs to October.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am How do you live on America's Wang and not prepare for an inevitable hurricane?
Most hurricanes come from the other side. Gulf hurricanes typically go up the pandhandle or LA/TX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

I know where they come from, but one coming the other way is inevitable.

We're overdue for a massive blizzard here by 2 decades or more. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop preparing for one I know will eventually hit.
thibodeaux

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:16 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am How do you live on America's Wang and not prepare for an inevitable hurricane?
Most hurricanes come from the other side. Gulf hurricanes typically go up the pandhandle or LA/TX.
Also, even if landfall is in the panhandle, Tampa is on the "bad side" where the wind is pushing storm surge, so I'm a bit skeptical that they've not had flooding in 100 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

Hurricane incoming Catt.

By the time it gets to you it'll just be thunderstorms.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:49 pm By the time it gets to you it'll just be thunderstorms.
4-5" of rain they are saying.

It's coming to me, so of course it's going to be wet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:58 pm It's coming to me, so of course it's going to be wet.
And a guy... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:59 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:58 pm It's coming to me, so of course it's going to be wet.
And a guy... :D
It's, a, uh, trans guy (afab). Yeah, that's my story. Is that better?

School's canceled tomorrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hurricane's a-comin'

Post by Leisher »