This is bullshit! - sports

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Article.

So it turns out that Reggie Bush was dirty, but the NCAA (fucking bastards) has already said they won't punish USC by making them forfeit games or scholarships.

Fuck the NCAA.

When it was Maurice Clarett, the NCAA took it's sweet time clearing OSU and dangled the threat of taking wins and scholarships over their heads.

They haven't even talked about stripping him of his Heisman, just some school records. Who exactly does that punish? Reggie Bush won't give a shit and they'll be sending the message that it's ok to cheat, just don't get caught.

(What to do with a stripped Heisman is a whole seperate discussion.)

The NCAA is a joke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Selby

Post by Selby »

What did he do? For those of us who haven't been following...
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

What did he do? For those of us who haven't been following...

Parents lived in a house that was owned by a marketing firm and when they were approached about it they said "No Comment" and when people went back the next day to ask questions the house was empty.

I can see the ncaa not doing that much to usc if they can definatly find out that they had no idea it was happening. My opinion, carrol isn't getting all those players without being dirty but just my opinion.

I think one difference with osu was that the people clarrett was getting help from were involved with the school as teachers and boosters.

If usc was completely in the dark then they should be punished for ignorance but not get the death penalty.

Also tressel has had a reputation as being dirty or a cheat from his youngstown state days and up until this point carrol has been clean.

If Bush took stuff or his family took stuff with his knowledge then they should strip his heisman.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1146094408
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

Please, Let's not be hypocritical. Really at this point who cares. Is Bush not going to play in the NFL? Hell yes he is. College sports have become nothing but a means to end. As long as the schools make money, the players get drafted, and the NCAA gets its cut the status quo will remain.

Do you think Bush gives a shit as long as he gets paid?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I never liked USC.
My brother says that his favorite team is whoever is playing USC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I can see the ncaa not doing that much to usc if they can definatly find out that they had no idea it was happening.

My problem is that the NCAA made the announcement that USC wouldn't be punished before they even investigated. They don't know shit about the situation, but they felt it was ok to let USC off the hook?

I think one difference with osu was that the people clarrett was getting help from were involved with the school as teachers and boosters.

Not true. It was proven that the teahcer who tried to say teachers were helping Clarrett lied. That's why OSU didn't get penalized. Also, the guy who was funneling him favors was a former booster. The university had to revoke his rights because he kept trying to give athletes money.

Do you think Bush gives a shit as long as he gets paid?

Exactly the point. The NCAA is sending a message to future kids that it's ok, just don't get caught.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The NCAA is backtracking.
up until this point carrol has been clean

I wanted to add that I heard on the radio yesterday that since Carrol took over 2 (3?) years ago there have been 11 USC football players arrested for things like sexual assault, brandishing a weapon, rape, etc.

Edited By Leisher on 1146347027
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Not true. It was proven that the teahcer who tried to say teachers were helping Clarrett lied. That's why OSU didn't get penalized. Also, the guy who was funneling him favors was a former booster. The university had to revoke his rights because he kept trying to give athletes money.
Point being that is that in the osu case you had the head coach, teachers, and people involed in the program in some way suspected of cheating. The guy who owned the house had no known ties to the usc program.

The ncaa is always going to come down harder on a school that is thought to be looking the other way.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

The NCAA is backtracking.
up until this point carrol has been clean
I wanted to add that I heard on the radio yesterday that since Carrol took over 2 (3?) years ago there have been 11 USC football players arrested for things like sexual assault, brandishing a weapon, rape, etc.
I will be the first to say it. Carrol is a crook. I don't care how nice the weather is or how beautiful the girls are you can get both of that stuff at other schools and you don't get the level of talent that they get every single season and so quickly like they did without out something shady going on. Same goes for texas. They get too many superstar highschoolers but usually they don't do anything with it.

Up until now though carrol has been able to appear squakey clean.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I disagree about Texas. You should have seen what that man did with UNC's football program. Coaches can be good enough to a)persuade talent to come and b) put that talent to better use than others. We went from a loser football program to finishing #6 in the nation. So far, 8 years later, no word of anything wrong happening at all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I disagree about Texas. You should have seen what that man did with UNC's football program. Coaches can be good enough to a)persuade talent to come and b) put that talent to better use than others. We went from a loser football program to finishing #6 in the nation. So far, 8 years later, no word of anything wrong happening at all.
No nothing has been said but I just don't believe you get the type of players that allow for you to be in the discussion for the #1 recruting class every year without something shady going on. It wasn't like brown was doing anything with the players so again I just think it is shady.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

No nothing has been said but I just don't believe you get the type of players that allow for you to be in the discussion for the #1 recruting class every year without something shady going on. It wasn't like brown was doing anything with the players so again I just think it is shady.
I do.

I think the NFL, with its salary cap, shows that different people do much better with the same basic resources. Just like some college coaches recruit much better.

Maybe something shady is going on, but I'm doubtful.
It's not me, it's someone else.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I do.

I think the NFL, with its salary cap, shows that different people do much better with the same basic resources. Just like some college coaches recruit much better.

Maybe something shady is going on, but I'm doubtful.
Lots of teams do better with the same resources but doing better every year and being elite at something every year are two different things.

Having Top 10 classes most of the time or Top 15 all the time isn't anything strange having the Top 2 or 3 classes every year is something different and leads me to believe that more then just being a great recruiter is as work.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know, that article comes at an interesting time.

As it states, on Sept. 13th Bush gave an interview in which he ripped the two guys who could bury him and USC. He has a financial agreement in place with one of the guaranteeing the guy's silence (If that's not enough proof that something is wrong...), but couldn't come to an agreement with the other guy, Lake.

Lake is the one going to the NCAA.

The most interesting thing though is that during Saturday's Stanford upset over USC, it was being discussed that Pete Carroll could be leaving and Jim Harbough could be taking his place. That could be a very telling bit of information.

Carroll was a failure in the NFL, twice. He has stated as recently as last year that he has no desire to return to the pros and his job at USC is the dream job. He built a powerhouse, has an easy sell to recuits, will always contend, etc. So why is he rumored to be leaving now? Maybe he can see the writing on the wall and wants out now before the title gets stripped and the sanctions hit?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

People just don't know how to hide evidence like they used to. Hell, we ain't never gonna find Jimmy Hoffa.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

So now ESPN is reporting that the NCAA has pushed back the interview date with this Lake guy who has all the dirt on Bush and USC to next week.

What the fuck is that? Why doesn't the NCAA just come out and say "We are trying to give Reggie Bush and USC as much time as possible to come to an agreement with Lake to shut him up."

They bitch that they don't have subpoena power so they have a hard time getting info from others and here is a guy who is willing to talk and you give the offenders more time to cover it up?

Edited By WSGrundy on 1194026495
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's just like the NFL and it's immediate and total destruction of all the evidence turned in by Belicheck.

They are covering up just how badly he cheated because it would bring the credibility of the games he coached into question. There is a LOT of speculation that he had tapes from the Super Bowls NE played in.

With the Bush situation, you're talking about a black and white case in which the NCAA would be forced to strip USC on a National Championship and every win that year. How many records would be wiped off the books as well?

Believe me, they don't want that to happen.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Ok so tomorrow is the day although usc supposedly already knows.

All I have heard is that the usual inquiry takes 7 weeks and this one took 15.

My guess is a pretty big punishment for the basketball team and the football team has to forfeit wins from when Bush played but nothing real serious for the football team. The football team makes to much money for too many people to give them a harsh punishment.