Mexico

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

Americans kidnapped in Mexico.

I saw that headline and thought, "Well, yeah." I wouldn't go to Mexico for free right now. I've heard the non-stop crime is even threatening the resorts that the Mexican government tries to hard to shelter from the violence throughout their country.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by TheCatt »

4 US citizens missing in Mexico were there for medical procedures and targeted by mistake, US official says
How awesome is that headline? "US healthcare is so terrible that people went to a 3rd world narcostate to get medical care"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:50 pm "US healthcare is so terrible that people went to a 3rd world narcostate to get medical care"
That depends what they went there for.

I had heard people who have that condition where they want to have a limb amputated could not do so in the U.S., but could get that procedure done in Mexico.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:59 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:50 pm "US healthcare is so terrible that people went to a 3rd world narcostate to get medical care"
That depends what they went there for.

I had heard people who have that condition where they want to have a limb amputated could not do so in the U.S., but could get that procedure done in Mexico.
Something something something, did you read the article you posted?
The information we have is that they crossed the border to buy medicines in Mexico,
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:09 pm did you read the article you posted?
I skipped the part where they went to buy meds. Had I not, I would have posted this in the Today's Moron thread. Who goes to a super high crime ridden 3rd world country to buy prescription drugs? You can get that shit mailed from Canada.
Cakedaddy

Mexico

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:16 pm Who goes to a super high crime ridden 3rd world country to buy prescription drugs?
Old people. Tons and tons of old people. They go there for everything. Anything from dental work to knee/hip replacements. I know a retiree who goes there for hair cuts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:08 pm Old people. Tons and tons of old people. They go there for everything. Anything from dental work to knee/hip replacements. I know a retiree who goes there for hair cuts.
Are they going there because that's all they can afford? If so, whose fault is that? I'd say some of it is on them and some of it is on their government.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by GORDON »

Maybe "Haircuts" is the name of the donkey.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:35 pm Maybe "Haircuts" is the name of the donkey.
I laughed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by GORDON »

That was a little harsh to what is probably a lovely, nice gentleman....

But I kinda have to laugh that anyone is buying his excuse that he's going to mexico several times a year for a haircut.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:34 pm Americans kidnapped in Mexico.

I saw that headline and thought, "Well, yeah." I wouldn't go to Mexico for free right now. I've heard the non-stop crime is even threatening the resorts that the Mexican government tries to hard to shelter from the violence throughout their country.
2 dead; 2 found alive. Time to re-invade Mexico?
A relative of one of the victims said Monday that the four had traveled together from the Carolinas so one of them could get a tummy tuck from a doctor in the Mexican border city of Matamoros, where Friday’s kidnapping took place.
Robert Williams said in a telephone interview that his brother, 38-year-old Eric Williams, was among the kidnapped Americans. The brothers are from South Carolina but now live in the Winston-Salem area of North Carolina, he said.
That's my hometown.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

Four locals found dead outside Cancun resort.

I was told years ago that the Mexican government and the cartels had an unspoken agreement that the violence throughout the country was to stay away from the tourism areas. I wonder if that remains in effect?

Also, fun side note: Mexico is a country that has crazy strict gun laws for its citizens.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by GORDON »

Zoomer cartel members don't GAF.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by GORDON »

If they were, like, spam caller-call center people............
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:04 pm If they were, like, spam caller-call center people............
Mexico, not India...
GORDON
Site Admin

Mexico

Post by GORDON »

Because it occurred to me, "Why would anyone wipe out a call center?"

Then I realized, "Oooohhhh...."

And then the nature of the crime changed, in my mind.