"just google it"

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by GORDON »

Know what I hate? When you're having a polite conversation with an acquaintance and you're showing interest in what they're saying with a followup question, and you get "just google it."

Like, damn. Fine, we won't talk.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by TheCatt »

It is weird when the sum of human knowledge (+/-) is at your fingertips. Like sometimes I don't remember a bunch of details, but the phone knows all the things.

I was having dinner with my mom + aunt a few years back, and they were debating something. And I said "we could just google it," and they said "No! It's fun to discuss" And all I could think was "OK, true, but you'll never get the answer like this" Like it was a definite think (like who was in a given movie), nothing philosophical at all.

At any rate, I think it means you're old. :lol:
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by GORDON »

If there's a particular point of contention, then sure, find a reference. But if you're talking about some random thing that you did that someone else never heard of, and you say "Oh what's that," the answer "google it" is pretty much a "fuck off."
TheCatt
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:17 pm If there's a particular point of contention, then sure, find a reference. But if you're talking about some random thing that you did that someone else never heard of, and you say "Oh what's that," the answer "google it" is pretty much a "fuck off."
I agree
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by GORDON »

I'm glad someone agrees. Now make that memetic go viral.
Leisher
Site Admin

"just google it"

Post by Leisher »

I grew up in the era of encyclopedias and dictionaries. I always heard "Look it up", which is the old version of "Google it".

It was definitely a "fuck off", but an educational "fuck off". I think "google it" is more of a malicious "fuck off".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”