2022 halftime show

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by GORDON »

Might as well move the discussion here so it isn't shitting up your nfl sports thread.

SO why were like half the songs specifically celebrating D-R-E by name?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by TheCatt »

Dr. Dre was not just a rapper, but is also a producer who produced all of those artists. And he gave a huge launch to Eminem's career. He also ran a record label (maybe still does) that had most or all of them on it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, Dr. Dre is huge because his real success wasn't holding a mic, but rather discovering talent and helping them achieve success.

He is the common link in all of the performers last night. I think all, or many, have discussed him in their songs. He famously was Batman to Eminem's Robin in The Real Slim Shady video.

He was also seen as the mediator and solution immediately when Snoop and Eminem started feuding. He put an end to it rather quickly.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by GORDON »

It felt like he was the boss of all of them.

Also Kendrick Lamar seemed out of place in that club.
Leisher
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:47 pm Also Kendrick Lamar seemed out of place in that club.
Agree. I also understood only about 10% of what he was saying. I hate it when rappers who go super fast mumble.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by TheCatt »

Kendrick Lamar was there for the youts.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

2022 halftime show

Post by GORDON »

And no Conner 4Real at all. Fucked up.