Winter Storm 2022

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Leisher »

We're projected to get 12-22" starting tomorrow morning and lasting to Thursday evening. We shall see.

Schools in my community just closed for the rest of the week. Not sure it's official yet, but heard from my wife who works at one of the schools.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by TheCatt »

Whoa, that's awesome, enjoy! :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Winter Storm 2022

Post by thibodeaux »

What don't you people know how to handle a little snow lmao pussies just get chains what's wrong with you

in seriousness, a lot of my co-workers are in Indianapolis which appears to be in the "freezing rain" band which is a very bad place to be. Hope youse guys are able to bugger through.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

Until it starts, I'm a little dubious. They've been predicting for three days that it is just going to form right on top of us. It isn't like there's an existing storm front moving in.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:49 pm I'm a little dubious.
I'm always dubious of weather predictions. On Saturday I had already heard 20", and I've been surprised that the prediction is still holding up.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by TheCatt »

Snow's really hard to predict when it involves multiple fronts coming together (as it frequently does)

Remember Groundhog Day?
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

You got that precipitation on your head.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Leisher »

It began about an hour ago up here. From what I've been told it was still raining at the office 15 minutes ago, so it's really slow moving. Already half an inch or so on the ground now. 8-11" expected tonight and another 10" tomorrow.

I worked from home today, but just told my co-worker to head out. Half the office wasn't even in today.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

It's barely been raining here. 24 hours ago the forecast was for me to be under 10" of snow right now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, it started later than expected, but it is hitting now. Very slow moving storm, thus the projected snowfall totals.

You should have seen the gas stations and stores yesterday up here. It boggles my mind why people act like the world is ending. It's two days of snow you idiots. You live up North in the fucking snowbelt. You should be used to it.
Stranger

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Stranger »

Yep, raining in Rossford but my wife is sending me picks of snow accumulating less than 10 miles north or here.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Leisher »

You should clock out early. Roads are genuinely getting shitty up here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by TheCatt »

Gordon's sad he didn't get 10" rammed down his throat.
Cakedaddy

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Cakedaddy »

Started up here late last night with rain. Snow probably started around 4 am. I'd guess 4" currently here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:46 pm Gordon's sad he didn't get 10" rammed down his throat.
Well, they promised.
Cakedaddy

Winter Storm 2022

Post by Cakedaddy »

Currently predicting light snow till about midnight, and then it's over. Originally had snow through tomorrow. What a dud of a storm. But like anything else out there, if they didn't predict doom, no one would click on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

It's not news, it's all enticement to load ads.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by TheCatt »

27 degrees in Lubbock and 35 in Caribou isn’t a spread you see very often.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

Ok, so maybe an inch, at my house. Definitely overhyped bulshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2022

Post by GORDON »

Even the toledo noon news was still saying we'd get another 6-10" by the end of the day. Fucking idiots.