Ohio Turnpike

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ohio Turnpike

Post by GORDON »

So last week a prick snowplow driver was flinging snow cross-traffic, and caused a bunch of accidents and injuries. It went viral.

I get Turnpike emails, because I have the EZ-Pass toll transponder. They addressed the issue today. They were apologetic, said that one driver was not representative of them as a whole, and it included this:
Affected turnpike customers who have not yet filed a report with OSHP should do so immediately. We are relying on contact information from the accident reports to inform our customers how to file a property damage claim online with the Ohio Turnpike so that we can reimburse them as quickly as possible.
Is this.... like.... a company actually acting morally??? I ask because I don't recognize it and don't know what I'm missing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ohio Turnpike

Post by TheCatt »

They know they are guilty, there's nowhere to run. Better to just pay up and get it over with before lawyers get involved.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ohio Turnpike

Post by GORDON »

It's been demonstrated that companies often choose lawyers instead of paying employees/victims/whatever. So this is still surprising to me.

ALso, the Turnpike has a bad rep in Ohio for being generally corrupt, heh. When the road was paid for it was supposed to become public and free, but instead, what I heard, was that it was sold to the mob.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ohio Turnpike

Post by Leisher »

I had not heard this story. What an idiot.

And yeah, I think the turnpike is acting responsibly, as well as, wisely in the business sense. Just act quickly, fix the cars, and hope it all goes away.
GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:21 pm When the road was paid for it was supposed to become public and free, but instead, what I heard, was that it was sold to the mob.
Never heard this one before. It wouldn't shock me as the mob used to have a lot of pull in that industry, but even if true, not sure it's still true.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Ohio Turnpike

Post by Cakedaddy »

Quick google says a commission made up of 10 members. 6 are appointed by the governor, 1 is the Director of ODT, 2 are appointed by other government officials. They are paid $5k each. So, while probably still corrupt, not owned by the mob. A petition to privatize it was started, but never adopted. All signs point to Ohio still owning it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ohio Turnpike

Post by GORDON »

My understanding is control has changed hands more than once. I heard the mob used to run it.