Happy Veterans' Day!

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Happy Veterans' Day!

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Happy Veterans' Day!

Post by Leisher »

So the military is struggling to recruit people right now. Kids aren't feeling patriotic as their country and its government makes clear daily that it really doesn't give a fuck about them. The country is crazy divided. And to top it all off, our own government treats veterans like dogshit. Why wouldn't some 18 year old want to sign up for a "free college education" in exchange for giving up four years of their life and possibly dying overseas because the sitting president has a scandal he needs to distract voters from?

So I've been thinking about it. Aside from the obvious cultural change that is desperately needed, what other changes could be made to the pitch to join and/or benefits for veterans?

1. This one, imho, is a no brainer and could be done immediately. You know how we have hate and elder tags for crimes that we can tack on and it automatically becomes more serious and carries more penalties? We give veterans the same status. Commit an unprovoked violent attack upon a veteran and that's 5 years mandatory. Literally, the very minimum sentence you can get if you jump a veteran is 5 years. Murder, rape, etc. the 5 years gets added to any sentence (isn't this how hate crimes work?), is served LAST, and is separate from any other time. So nobody gets time served or gets paroled and so on without doing that 5. Say they get sentenced for raping a veteran to 15 years, their sentence becomes 15 + 5, and if they're paroled at year 13, they still don't get out for 5 more. Ditto for financial crimes, but you also lose any licensing you had (insurance, real estate, etc.) with no ability to get relicensed in any state. It's a federal thing... Also, businesses purposely discriminating against veterans lose their business license. Sorry, not sorry. Why? Well, think about it. Most businesses placate vets with discounts and whatnot. If this law was enacted then businesses running scams or shady shit would try to avoid veterans, IE: discriminate. Legit businesses would not do that.

2. Veterans get preferred status ALWAYS when it comes to homelessness. If a shelter has only 1 bed left for the night, the veteran gets it. He or she can willingly give it up if they so choose, but they get first choice. No more booting veterans for illegals, and yes, doing so would result in criminal charges.

3. Veteran owned businesses get preferential treatment over even minority and woman owned businesses for government contracts. Once bidding is over and a selection has been made all documentation (the bids and selection justification) become public record.

4. Veterans get 10% off their annual income tax for life.

5. Stolen valor done to take advantage of the special benefits veterans is a federal crime and the penalty should be severe. If a business is involved, it should be shut down and its owner/board criminally charged. Normal people using stolen valor for clout or pussy should just get their asses kicked as they do now. (With one exception in the next rule.)

6. On Veteran's Day a women must show their boobs to a veteran if he/she asks. A nonveteran pretending to be a veteran to see boobs on this day gets 1 year mandatory community service for each set of boobs they see. Habitual offenders are deported to the boobless Middle East. :D

7. Veterans should get a government job over anyone else IF they are qualified.

8. Veterans get free access to all federal and state museums, parks, etc. (which I think exists at least somewhat now).

Listen, I know there's room for abuse and improvement in these. I'm just spit balling to get the thought out of my head. I also know they are very Heinlein of me, but I think this is really what's needed. First, just to draw in new recruits. Second, this is how veterans should be treated. They are the people willing to put it all on the line so you can live the life you have. So shut the fuck up and show some respect you undeserving, entitled cunt.

What else can we do? They've got to be realistic, but enticing. For example, the biggest stretch above is the 10% off income tax. Maybe it's 5%? Maybe it matches COLA every year? We need a strong military and we're not China so we can't force service and we're not Israel where service is mandatory.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”