Scared the fuck out of myself

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Headed home early yesterday to replace some outlets and a circuit breaker for the kitchen. Happened recently where I can't get the breaker to not trip. Anyway, I swap out the breaker after shutting off the main line and removing the breaker panel. No issue. I then threw main power back on and the house powers up. I walk over to the stairs while discussing the issue with my wife when all power goes out. It's been 10 seconds. I immediately panicked and then heard the neighbor's generator kick on. Whew! It was the damn storm hitting knocking out two nearby transformers at almost the exact time I powered the house back up. For that split second before I heard the generator I legit thought I fucked up big time.

Happy side note: I used the blackout time (which just ended according to one of my kids) to swap out one of the three outlets and I might have gotten super lucky because the breaker will now stay on without tripping.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ha, good timing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."