Winter Storm 2021

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

Every county in the viewing area, except 1 is in a level 3. That means stay the fuck home.

12.4" of snow and high winds causing many roads to simply be unpassable. Where I am, they're not known for their snow plowing, so FB is littered with stories of roads that can't even be seen and larger 4x4s not even attempting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

Damn. At least you have power :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

So far...

Local news says we now have 17" of snow on the ground. Heavy stuff is over now though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

My kids are jealous.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

One kid outside playing. Two kids inside and probably just woke up a little bit ago.

The wife outside taking care of the driveway because she knows what's good for her! Actually, because I'm still on medical lockdown for my broken ribs and technically working. Plus, she loves using the snow blower and is going to take it into the backyard to help the one kid build a sledding hill with it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm Actually, because I'm still on medical lockdown for my broken ribs and technically working.
So, did I miss how you broke your ribs? It wasn't you passing out again was it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm Actually, because I'm still on medical lockdown for my broken ribs and technically working.
I would tell you, but the first rule and all...
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of malls, our biggest is closed due to the storm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:02 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:02 pm
I would tell you, but the first rule and all...
You were masturbating when someone pressed on your chest to get you to pass out while it happened?
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by GORDON »

He broke them trying to self-fellate.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:13 pm He broke them trying to self-fellate.
The key is to just have the bottom 2 on each side removed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:13 pm He broke them trying to self-fellate.
If you're going to do something, don't do it half-assed.
Cakedaddy

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Cakedaddy »

Over blown. Had a trip to Jackson, MI this morning. Took an extra 10 minutes to make the hour long drive there. No extra time for the drive home. Media inflates everything so you will click on it. If there was 17" anywhere, it was due to drifting, which means you were seeing grass in other areas.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by GORDON »

Not down my way. The new foot of snow went on top of the 8" we already had accumulated. No grass to be seen on my property, anyway.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:16 pm No grass to be seen on my property, anyway.
Mine either, but only cuz it's all mud from the rain.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

It wasn't as bad up north, which is probably why Cake still somehow sees grass? We haven't seen grass around here in a while. The additional 12.5" of snow sits on top of the existing stuff we had, like Gordo said.

Some side roads are still impassable. Main roads are fine, but still slick in spots and still have snow on them in less traveled places. Expressways are pretty clear, particularly downtown.
GORDON
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by GORDON »

I just now got out there to clear my driveway. I'd say this is the second-most snow I've seen out there in 15 years. Maybe 3rd most.
Leisher
Site Admin

Winter Storm 2021

Post by Leisher »

When I got out the snow blower Tuesday the snow was easily over 12" deep and it wasn't a drift. It was consistently even.

I remember a few years back we might have had more snow on the ground, but a majority of it didn't come all at once.