The Domestic Terrorism Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN trying to rile people up over new right wing rally.

The rally is in support of Jan 6th people.

Congress will be in recess, and it's not like these people will be driving tanks. I'm not sure what CNN thinks this assembly of asshats can accomplish even if they all decided to storm the White House.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Seems like this should go here. Just a reminder that the crazies getting press are typically the ones whose government isn't in charge at the time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Semen Terrorism

That's an article about South Korea, but apparently this is a thing worldwide and would clearly only be "domestic"...

WTF is wrong with people?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Do people think the capitol police should have opened fire? What is the expectation, here?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am Do people think the capitol police should have opened fire? What is the expectation, here?
Isn't that how you protect a country against insurrectionists?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 am
GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am Do people think the capitol police should have opened fire? What is the expectation, here?
Isn't that how you protect a country against insurrectionists?
Sure, although if those really were insurrectionists, it was the lamest insurrection in history.

I think they were just fucking idiots.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Gotta avenge those empty offices. Should have draped them in blood.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:52 pm Gotta avenge those empty offices. Should have draped them in blood.
Congress was in session
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wow we were totally at a tipping point.

Sometimes I think I'm abnormal. I'm the ex Marine but I'm always the least bloodthirsty of those around me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

30% of Rs and 11% of Ds think violence is probably needed to "fix" the nation.

I would guess those numbers reverse depending on what letter is behind the president's name. I still very much remember the violent protests during Bush's tenure.

This is what happens when you continually cater to the fucking idiots. The extremes of each side should be mocked and ignored and not embraced and empowered.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

WATCH TRUMP START A FUCKING WAR.

Then negotiate with Iran and N Korea to avoid it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The coverage being given to the Jan 6th event last year by some media outlets is ridiculous.

The Democratic Party's primary propaganda outlet, CNN, leads that charge. Some of the headlines would be absolutely hilarious and fit right in at The Onion, until you remember that they're being serious. Their entire coverage amounts to "Trump is bad and vote Democrat or you will lose all your rights and freedom". (I'm too scared to even go see what FOX News is pushing today. Probably pro-Trump horseshit.)

Headlines:
Trump holds 'dagger at the throat of democracy,' Biden says
Biden condemns Trump as a threat to democracy
Stephanie Grisham says group of ex-Trump officials to meet next week to discuss how to 'stop' him
Manipulators and the manipulated: 7 people who believed the big lie
(Ignore the irony of that one...)
This is what Republicans said as Capitol police told their stories on the Hill
Threat is greater now than when Trump turned his mob on D.C.
(That seems like something that could turn litigious. Shouldn't it say "allegedly"?)
The bigger lie threatening US democracy
(Op Ed piece saying Rs want to use "The Big Lie" about the Trump-Biden race to take away voting rights from people that aren't their voters. Funny how they don't mention the D primaries stolen from Sanders, the felon caught with hundreds or thousands of ballots for the CA recall, how Ds also engage in gerrymandering whenever they have power in an area, and so on and so forth.)

Is CNN even pretending to do news anymore or have they just simply conceded into being the home page of the DNC?

Meanwhile, Yahoo's top article is advice to avoid watching videos of the Jan 6th event because it could be traumatizing. Holy shit. How did we storm the beaches of Normandy only to become some of the biggest cowards on Earth?

Jimmy Carter with a reasonable, bipartisan message to Americans to stop being dicks to each other. He might have been a bad president, but he's a pretty good human and the only person I've seen today not pointing fingers.

Jan 6th was a protest that turned into a riot. Something CNN even acknowledges in Carter's Op Ed piece. It was mostly people who had zero clue what was going on, and let's be honest, wouldn't have participated if they had any idea what the repercussions would be or that the MSM would paint them as trying to overthrow the government. Could it have been orchestrated by Trump? Absolutely. However, this was not a violent military coup. This was not a well planned and thought out attempt to seize total control of the government (Granted, that might actually be more proof that Trump DID plan this out... :D ). This was about asshats not accepting their loss in the election and throwing a tantrum. Our democracy was never actually in danger no matter what CNN, MSNBC, or anyone else says.

The real danger is in all the constant political posturing, propaganda, half truths, and outright lies. The real danger is both parties gerrymandering whenever they have the power/votes to pull it off. Trying to circumvent voting laws or add new ones to prevent or allow certain voters. Ignoring ________, but then having a meltdown when the other party does the same thing, and vice versa. Rolling out a candidate that's completely out of touch with reality, a wannabe dictator, senile, probably a sex offender, accused of rape, probably racist, isn't able to give a speech, and so on and then replacing him with a candidate that's completely out of touch with reality, a warmonger, senile, probably a sex offender, accused of rape, probably racist, isn't able to give a speech, and so on. The real danger is the division constantly pushed by CNN, FOX News, and their ilk, not to mention all of our politicians, who push arguments over agreements and selfishness over compromise.

The real danger is how we're constantly pointed at one another rather than at the people who should be held accountable for every law and decision made in this country. Because if we were truly focused on them and not divided...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If they allow Trump to fall out of the public eye as "monster #1," people will definitely begin to notice Biden is a bigger disaster. And that can't be allowed to happen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

In the FBI's defense. Child traffickers don't post videos of themselves on facebook yelling "LOOK AT ME!!! I"M TRAFFICKING SEX!!!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:50 pm In the FBI's defense. Child traffickers don't post videos of themselves on facebook yelling "LOOK AT ME!!! I"M TRAFFICKING SEX!!!"
Fair point, but compare the amount of resources put into this investigation, Congressional hearings, and media coverage of this event versus either the Epstein trial/suicide or the Maxwell trial. It's not even close. I don't remember the FBI posting anything on the web asking for the public's help in identifying child traffickers, but they did ask for help IDing Jan 6th people. In fact, the MSM and the FBI has been very vocal about identifying these people so everyone knows their names, but a judge suppressed the list of Epstein clients in the Maxwell trial saying, "the public doesn't need to know".

To be clear, fuck all the Jan 6th people. They are, to a person, fucking morons. However, all the coverage and hearings are a waste of time compared to other things going on in the world and in our own country.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Judicial Watch (Officially "leans right" according to some of the media watchdog groups, if you're wondering) is suing for the release of some Jan 6th videos and emails. You know, the same thing the Ds were just suing Trump for? Pelosi is pulling the same shit Trump did fighting their release.

Why?

Just strikes me as odd that this committee is trying to get to the truth about who knew what on Jan 6th, yet both sides are trying to prevent that from happening.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Public enemy #1? Incels

Seems like a ridiculously easy fix...