The Domestic Terrorism Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have a feeling we're going to need one going forward...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have a feeling we're going to need one going forward...
Not now that parler is shutdown :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: The Domestic Terrorism Thread

Post by GORDON »

Let me tell ya why the current "coup" is going to fail.

Because they suck at it.

All legislators were out of the building before the first TERRORIST went through the front door. They're whisked off to whatever secondary site they have to keep making new laws written by corporations in order to fuck the poor. They stole a podium, bfd. They didn't overthrow anything. Nor are they going t overthrow anything in the future by announcing their plans for a second GOVERNMENT OVERTHROW.

They should have hit every county, city, state, and federal building at once, all over the country. That would be true chaos, and the beginning of a revolution.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:06 pm They should have hit every county, city, state, and federal building at once, all over the country. That would be true chaos, and the beginning of a revolution.
Who's to say they won't?

I saw the news story about 15K national guardsmen being in DC this week, and immediately thought, "But who is guarding government buildings in every other state?"

Who is guarding CNN? Who is guarding Twitter HQ? And so on.

Most of the general public is laughing at these Trump people (rightly so) thinking they're just morons. Now you're arresting them, firing them, putting them on no fly lists, mocking them on social media, trying to silence them, and all the while they think their country is being taken away. This is, literally, how domestic terrorists are created. You're putting them into a corner with no other option but to attack.

That's what concerns me.

And I'm not saying these idiots don't have all the negative treatment coming to them, they do. I'm just saying that the FBI is going to have their hands full in the next few years investigating potential domestic terrorism.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was recently told, "It's the feds. They get you no matter where you go."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Anyone else feel like the "deadly insurrection" is being slightly over blown? I mean, it has exactly the same number of casualties as the Portland Siege.

I don't condone either of them. But the way they are spinning this is just so over the top. Have there been any reports of any of the members of the coup as being armed? Because there were lots of reports of weapons in Portland.

Just so tired of the media trying to stir shit up right along with all of the conspiracy theorists (and Trump for that matter).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm Anyone else feel like the "deadly insurrection" is being slightly over blown?
Yeah, but riot seems insufficient, imho.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm I mean, it has exactly the same number of casualties as the Portland Siege.
Pretty sure zero police officers were killed in the Portland thing.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm Have there been any reports of any of the members of the coup as being armed? Because there were lots of reports of weapons in Portland.
Bombs, molotov cocktails, guns in vehicles were found. I am not yet aware of any gun charges on site, but apparently you can kill a man with a fire extinguisher.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. I still don't see strong evidence that the Capital event was really that much different than the Portland one. Except for the political leanings of the participants. But the media is sure having fun with it.

I see them both as protests. I don't think anyone thought that the events at the capital would make anything different. Pretend they took control of the capital. Everyone's going to say "OH, whoa! Ok. Ok. You guys win. Trump can be president for another 4 years. Or longer. Just let us know. You can have whatever you want"? The only outcome would have been, many more arrests, probably much more death and destruction. But in the end, Binden would be president.

Just to be clear. This isn't really complaining about the treatment of the capital people. It's complaining about how fucked up the media is. So, I'm probably typing this all in the wrong thread. Just tired of seeing all of the special programs out there telling us how horrible this was, when other fucked up shit is swept under the rug because of political leanings.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Feds are concerned about the inauguration.

Secret Service reminds their folks to be nonpartisan.

Feds want the "viking" in the riot to stay in jail.

Again the "mental issues" defense rears its head. It can't be wrong either since this guy wants to attend the inauguration. The rest of the strong, yet unpresented, evidence is probably all the BS bravado found on Parler.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pmThe rest of the strong, yet unpresented, evidence is probably all the BS bravado found on Parler.
Feds take back their claims of assassination and execution plots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:58 pmThe rest of the strong, yet unpresented, evidence is probably all the BS bravado found on Parler.
Feds take back their claims of assassination and execution plots.
Prosecutors describe those who took over the Capitol as "insurrectionists" and offer new details about Chansley's role in the violent siege last week, including that after standing at the dais where Vice President Mike Pence had stood that morning, Chansley wrote a note saying "it's only a matter of time, justice is coming."
Chansley later told the FBI he did not mean the note as a threat but said the Vice President was a "child-trafficking traitor" and went on a long diatribe about Pence, Biden and other politicians as traitors.
Everyone's a child-trafficker, apparently, except Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They dove deep into that rabbit hole, huh?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »