Merry Christmas 2020

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

What the title says...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Merry Christmas, yall!
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

Bah
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Mrs Clause and I split a bottle of champagne. Woot
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:20 pm Mrs Clause and I split a bottle of champagne. Woot
That was 100x better than having my appendix out the year before.

Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

That music teacher is not good at his job.

Just attended a 6th, 7th, and 8th grade orchestra concert this week and they were much better.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:13 pm That music teacher is not good at his job.

Just attended a 6th, 7th, and 8th grade orchestra concert this week and they were much better.
I mean... garbage in garbage out. He gave the one kid who could play the solo.
GORDON
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by GORDON »

I assumed they were playing bad on purpose, as a joke...
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:22 pm He gave the one kid who could play the solo.
But was that kid part of the class or older? Music teacher here does that if none of the kids can or don't volunteer to do it.
GORDON wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:10 pm I assumed they were playing bad on purpose, as a joke...
Now that would be hilarious.
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

Listening to X-Mas music and had some thoughts.

It's a crime that Bob and Doug McKenzie's X-Mas song doesn't get more play.

Does Dean Martin ever sound like he isn't drunk?

The local station scaled WAY back on the X-Mas date rape song this year. Last year it was every other song. It was a topic of discussion. I haven't heard it once this year.

A popular show, I cannot remember which one, was making fun of Johnny Mathis' X-Mas album. They were saying only the elderly like it and people would never pay for it now. However, that album gets a LOT of play here where the format is "the most popular Christmas songs of all time". A format they are making a lot of money using and have never needed to deviate from at all (as I type this a Mathis song just came on...). A format that is used throughout the nation (and does include a handful of modern songs like the ones I'm about to discuss). I don't know who the writer is that wrote that joke, but they are out of touch. Go ahead and name popular Christmas songs from the past 20 years that have anywhere near the credibility, popularity, and success as the X-Mas songs from that format. Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" was released in 2011. I know Taylor Swift has a decent remake of one that's out. (I asked Google and AV Club got's nothing.) Point being, newer X-Mas songs that don't suck are the exception, not the rule. Plus, X-Mas is about family, which includes tradition, which means old stuff.
GORDON
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by GORDON »

Mariah has made $60 million from that song, so far.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/artic ... -december/
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 pm The local station scaled WAY back on the X-Mas date rape song this year.
not date rape.
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 pm Does Dean Martin ever sound like he isn't drunk?
Was he ever not drunk?
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 pm It's a crime that Bob and Doug McKenzie's X-Mas song doesn't get more play.
Good Day, eh?
Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 pm Point being, newer X-Mas songs that don't suck are the exception, not the rule. Plus, X-Mas is about family, which includes tradition, which means old stuff.
"An 'American Tradition' is anything that happened to a baby boomer twice"
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pmnot date rape.
Just rape?
TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pm Was he ever not drunk?
Fair point.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pmGood Day, eh?
GORDON
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by GORDON »

I don't count it as date rape, though i understand the newer generation has redefined persistence to mean rape.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm TheCatt wrote: ↑Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pm
not date rape.
Just rape?
Not rapey. She's clearly having some fun.
GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm I don't count it as date rape, though i understand the newer generation has redefined persistence to mean rape.
Yes
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

I think the "what's in this drink" line is where it draws a side eye from me.
Cakedaddy

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll see your Jingle Bells, and raise you a Drummer Boy.

In this group's defense. They are playing in a church program, so opportunity for perfection goes WAY down.

Skip to about 1:05 if you are impatient.

I like how when the camera pans to the audience, you can see a lot of them wiping away tears.
GORDON
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:22 pm I think the "what's in this drink" line is where it draws a side eye from me.
Were roofies invented in.... 19-forever ago?
GORDON
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm I'll see your Jingle Bells, and raise you a Drummer Boy.

In this group's defense. They are playing in a church program, so opportunity for perfection goes WAY down.

Skip to about 1:05 if you are impatient.

I like how when the camera pans to the audience, you can see a lot of them wiping away tears.
Sure are a lot of honkies in there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:22 pm I think the "what's in this drink" line is where it draws a side eye from me.
It was literally just alcohol. And she knew it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm Skip to about 1:05 if you are impatient.
Oh my.