The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Some people believe completely that only government officials should be armed.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:00 am Some people believe completely that only government officials should be armed.
"Let's give other people ultimate authority over us and then give them the only weapons so they can enforce that authority. What could possibly go wrong?"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Democrats can eat a big, fat dick is how I feel about this legislation.

3 proposals in there specifically target ways that I save for retirement, and would suck for me, if passed as-is.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Nobody in the government actually cares about us. They only care about how much money they can squeeze out of us without making us so mad that it sparks a new revolution.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

CNBC article on retirement reform.

People who are not rich (but want to be!) certainly pursue backdoor + mega backdoor IRAs.

This feels like a giant slant towards getting wealthier people to buy shitty whole life products.

At any rate, this $3.5T bill, that I used to luke warmly support, can now go DIAF as far I am concerned.

I should have voted for Trump! :D :D :D Like my vote matters... Not rich enough to buy a Congressperson.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden's poll numbers are only 3% ahead of Trump at this point.

I truly do wonder if the Ds plan to dump him after this term.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:05 am Biden's poll numbers are only 3% ahead of Trump at this point.

I always thought he was a 1 term president?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:05 am Biden's poll numbers are only 3% ahead of Trump at this point.

Did he say that? This might explain why Harris is essentially invisible.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:51 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

Did he say that? This might explain why Harris is essentially invisible.
I vaguely remember that from 2020, but who knows, maybe it was just conjecture.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I see she's still a thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Around the web: Biden's infrastructure bill wants to start taxing people based on their mileage.

The MSM: This is not true. It just wants to see if doing so is feasible.

Oh good, that's completely different... :roll:
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Because the gasoline tax doesn't already cover this? Oh yeah we need to further discourage electric vehicle usage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:37 pm Because the gasoline tax doesn't already cover this? Oh yeah we need to further discourage electric vehicle usage.
I'm all for fair taxation of electric cars. We need roads, and everyone should pay. These stupid $200/yr fees or what-not states have been doing are dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Passenger cars do not damage roads, the semis do. Put 100% of the repair cost on those doing the damage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:41 pm Passenger cars do not damage roads, the semis do. Put 100% of the repair cost on those doing the damage.
They use the roads, and benefit from the roads.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:56 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:41 pm Passenger cars do not damage roads, the semis do. Put 100% of the repair cost on those doing the damage.
They use the roads, and benefit from the roads.
Which is why I pay for tags, which gets my permission to use them. Oh, pay for tags, plus a $200 "alternate fuel" fee.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

If Psaki really said this...wow.

She did and the video is worse because she follows it up with "the American people wouldn't stand for that". Ha! What exactly makes her think that? Has she not been paying attention as the corporate world anally rapes consumers everywhere? They make shit out of the cheapest shit possible using the cheapest labor possible and then charge top dollar. If anything goes wrong in the supply chain who gets charged for it? Consumers do.