The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Don't call it "free education" and pay whatever price the universities want. Cap the price a degree costs.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Does a flyover with allies as a "fuck you" to Putin.

Biden really loves the passive aggressive drive by, doesn't he?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden blocks oil drilling in a national wildlife refuge.

Good. I hope he reverses all of Trump's anti-environment, anti-conservation moves.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am Biden blocks oil drilling in a national wildlife refuge.

Good. I hope he reverses all of Trump's anti-environment, anti-conservation moves.
ENJOY YOUR $50 GAS!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'll be fine. The government is making us all get electric cars anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

The first Biden-Putin meet went as expected.

This bit from Putin made me chuckle:
Putin said the two sides had agreed to open "consultations" on cyberattacks, which he said was critically important. He also claimed most cyberattacks currently taking place were being carried out from the U.S.
Uh...no. As someone who is looking at cyberattacks all the time, they come from Russia, China, Iran or a country associated with those three.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:24 pm The first Biden-Putin meet went as expected.

This bit from Putin made me chuckle:
Putin said the two sides had agreed to open "consultations" on cyberattacks, which he said was critically important. He also claimed most cyberattacks currently taking place were being carried out from the U.S.
Uh...no. As someone who is looking at cyberattacks all the time, they come from Russia, China, Iran or a country associated with those three.
I hope he's right :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Government looking at making it easier to unsubscribe
But the biggest pain point the Unsubscribe Act seeks to remedy is when you can’t cancel a service in the same way that you signed up for it. The group says the bill would legislate companies to provide “a simple means” of canceling a subscription. If you signed up for a paid service online, companies wouldn’t be allowed to force you to call them to then cancel that same subscription (take that, New York Times).
Fuck you, Sirius XM
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm Government looking at making it easier to unsubscribe
But the biggest pain point the Unsubscribe Act seeks to remedy is when you can’t cancel a service in the same way that you signed up for it. The group says the bill would legislate companies to provide “a simple means” of canceling a subscription. If you signed up for a paid service online, companies wouldn’t be allowed to force you to call them to then cancel that same subscription (take that, New York Times).
Fuck you, Sirius XM
That's the company I thought of

Pro tip: tell them you sold that car. You avoid the hard sell to stay, and you don't get the ten calls after to get you to sign back up.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I saw somewhere that Biden has offered to meet with NK.

I'm a fan of this move. Trump broke the ice, but it didn't go anywhere. Follow up now with a plan to lower tensions, and maybe offer some help for their starving people. At the very least you'll annoy China, which is a win.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

WH disagrees with Biden and says extra unemployment benefits have nothing to do with people not working.
Heather Boushey, a member of the White House’s Council of Economic Advisers, told Yahoo Finance Live (video above). "So far we have not seen strong evidence that this is having a significant effect of pulling people out of the labor force. People know that it's temporary."
Heather is an idiot. People do know that it's temporary Heather, but why would they return to work until it ends!? They get the fucking summer off AND make more money, but you think they're going to skip that opportunity to return to work? There's a reason you work for the low paying government and not some high paying corporation...

Also, my wife found a pretty funny TikTok last night that had a black women, very tongue in cheek, discussing the worker shortage and pointing to the 600k dead from Covid. "Y'all they ain't coming back. We can't call them back to work." :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:43 pm Also, my wife found a pretty funny TikTok last night that had a black women, very tongue in cheek, discussing the worker shortage and pointing to the 600k dead from Covid. "Y'all they ain't coming back. We can't call them back to work."
Most of the covid dead probably weren't working to begin with.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden orders airstrikes against Iranian backed militants.
An Iran-backed Shia militia group in Iraq, known as Kataib Hezbollah, said that they will retaliate against the US airstrike.
"This crime will not go unpunished, the decision for revenge has been taken, and the American enemy will see death with his own eyes. An eye for an eye and what is coming is severe," Kataib Hezbollah said in its Telegram page.
So you're going to strike us in revenge for striking you in revenge for your attacks on our troops? Makes sense.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Trump showed more restraint.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:39 am Trump showed more restraint.
Right? big fat pussy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden cancels debt for students taken by fraudulent colleges.

I don't think I support this move. I mean, I'm all for helping folks who got scammed, but isn't this their fault? Shouldn't we be recovering their money from the scam schools and chastising any banks that approved these loans?

If student debt is to be cancelled, shouldn't we do it for people who showed critical thinking skills?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:15 am Biden cancels debt for students taken by fraudulent colleges.

I don't think I support this move. I mean, I'm all for helping folks who got scammed, but isn't this their fault? Shouldn't we be recovering their money from the scam schools and chastising any banks that approved these loans?

If student debt is to be cancelled, shouldn't we do it for people who showed critical thinking skills?
Those colleges already went bankrupt, iirc. The policy was established in the Obama days, the Trump admin just refused to do anything about it.

I'm fine with this. $1.5Bn for the people who are dumb enough that they are among our most vulnerable, imho.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:06 pm $1.5Bn for the people who are dumb enough that they are among our most vulnerable, imho.
Darwin would disagree with your thinking.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:52 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:06 pm $1.5Bn for the people who are dumb enough that they are among our most vulnerable, imho.
Darwin would disagree with your thinking.
We're a long way from Darwin in our society.