The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

This is trending on the Twitters.
The blanket forgiveness of college debt for so many has a lot of folks pissed. However, the NYT has already pissed all over this (I can't find the link, but it's buried in there somewhere), essentially saying Biden was against such a thing and still maintains that stance.

So Biden's first term might be very interestingly defined by his fight against the progressives in his own party.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

My girlfriend has been avoiding paying extra on her student loans because the dems keep dangling out the forgiveness program.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
So Biden's first term might be very interestingly defined by his fight against the progressives in his own party.
Agree here. Biden/Harris have a good start on that front.

Biden/Harris - Saved the election by convincing enough I' and R's to vote Dem at the very top.

Progressive Dems - Get torpedoed down ballot for associating with "Defund the Police", "Communism" and "Free shit"

Pelosi and Schumer claim "mandate" for stuff that they seem to have lost votes and House seats for.

Uh...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Something also needs to be done about executive orders.

Ds spent the last four years bitching about Trump using them to circumvent them, and Rs about Obama the 8 years prior, yet immediately want Biden to start using them to circumvent Congress.

I wish the typical American voter didn't have such a short memory, and would hold politicians accountable when they did or promoted hypocritical stuff like this.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The blanket forgiveness of college debt for so many has a lot of folks pissed. However, the NYT has already pissed all over this (I can't find the link, but it's buried in there somewhere), essentially saying Biden was against such a thing and still maintains that stance.
$50k seems excessive, and I don't see how that could be done by just an order??

I'd support a $12 minimum wage. It'd be $10.75 now if the $7.25 had been indexed to inflation.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'm always in favor the minimum wage climbing according to inflation. It should be bumped annually to reflect that. If that has not been happening, it hasn't, then it needs to happen ASAP.

Jumping it to some much larger arbitrary number, the cost of which some people don't understand is just going to be put right back on the consumer, I'm against.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm always in favor the minimum wage climbing according to inflation. It should be bumped annually to reflect that. If that has not been happening, it hasn't, then it needs to happen ASAP.
It hasn't changed since 2009.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'm always in favor the minimum wage climbing according to inflation. It should be bumped annually to reflect that. If that has not been happening, it hasn't, then it needs to happen ASAP.
It hasn't changed since 2009.
And that is bullshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

With as much as we've fucked our economy this year, raising the federal minimum wage wouldn't even be a blip on business finances.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Saw this one after getting sent there for that Rona story.

Biden probably doesn't want to waste time investigating Trump.

I can see this being some sort of unwritten code in Washington. I don't think either party wins if they start trying to witchhunt the previous administration...even Trump's...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Saw this one after getting sent there for that Rona story.

Biden probably doesn't want to waste time investigating Trump.

I can see this being some sort of unwritten code in Washington. I don't think either party wins if they start trying to witchhunt the previous administration...even Trump's...
Let the state investigations go after him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I really don't know if they want to as they can probably nail a lot of people for breaking the law in office. That means they'd all have to follow the actual rules, and neither party wants that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Weird that someone would renege on previous promises, after elected. Never saw that coming.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Weird that someone would renege on previous promises, after elected. Never saw that coming.
Biden never made that promise.

Maybe you should read some news? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'm actually very enthused by Biden's stance on things so far. He doesn't seem to be leaning into the far left at all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm actually very enthused by Biden's stance on things so far. He doesn't seem to be leaning into the far left at all.
He seems very moderate, just like he has been and said he would be. But, actions > words.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Babylon Bee hitting a layup on Kamala.

Context: Apparently, Kamala stole a part of an MLK interview and tried to pass it off as her own in an interview.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Babylon Bee hitting a layup on Kamala.

Context: Apparently, Kamala stole a part of an MLK interview and tried to pass it off as her own in an interview.
She was in a stroller, it's possible her parents stole it.