The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:43 pm Articles like that are why most "media" sites have comments disabled now. You know the comments would be filled with some variation of "And what were gas prices when Biden took office?"
GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:55 pm There was a reddit thread where people were talking about the good ol' days of $1 gas. They were talking about the 80s, but of course it could also be during the Trump administration.

"$100 dollar raise" today is still $100 less money than 9 months ago.
So it's Biden's fault?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Geez sometimes you really miss the point by a mile.

There are those throwing out this "good news" about gas prices coming down half as much as they went up in order to make things look good, for the current administration, or whatever. In fact, the price is still shit, most people haven't gotten raises to cover it and it still hurts, and that information shouldn't be glossed over.

Nobody is criticizing Biden, and no one is defending trump. Any trump defending is done facetiously in an attempt to point out double standards, since he gets criticized for shit that biden (and obama) gets praised for.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

What he said.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

People were railing on gas prices on the daily while they were going up.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

As they should. And they're still up, and people should still be railing. But no, the msg is "OMG they came down a bit, yay!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I truly hope the Ds trying to replace him in the next election succeed. He should be retired not running the country.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Government shutdown looming.

This is terrible news because every time the government shuts down, nobody notices.

Ok, they close some parks and pretend they won't send out checks, but other than that, nothing happens.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Under Obama they closed the things that paid for themselves like parks and monuments that people liked, and kept open the things that people don't notice. My kid was in DC on a field trip at this time, and they closed the white house tours on him even though the secret service said they were self sufficient, with the ticket fees. Then they say things like, "It's more expensive to sequester people than it is to keep these things open" when it's a democrat, and "OMG he's destroying the country" when it's a republican.

This is all political horseshit.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

As Gordon would say, imagine if Kamala was an R. CNN would have a headline: "Why Kamala's NK gaffe matters". Thankfully, she's a D, so there's no coverage of it on CNN. Think I'm wrong about the media bias? Note who IS covering her gaffe. Also, note that the headline I made up above was based on numerous CNN headlines about [insert R here]'s gaffes.
National parks to remain open...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Sucks when the government is forced to follow their own laws.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

It's very important to trick people that there's a plan until the voting is done.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden's admin held a meeting for all the foremost social media folks that are heavily left, like that one chick we've posted here and "Brooklyn Defiant Dad".

Can't imagine the purpose of such a meeting. Got to make sure everyone's stories are lined up for the midterms I guess?

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Reward dinner for all that carrying of water.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

That whole group calls themselves "Resistance Twitter".
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden is a speech, I think today:
"Some airlines, if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front, you pay more money but you don't know it ... these are junk fees, they're unfair and they hit marginalized Americans the hardest, especially ... people of color."
Some dude on Twitter:
You mean the same people u claimed didnt have access to proper voter id now magically have said ID to get on a plane?
I laughed at both statements.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'm old enough to remember when the MSM would blow every mistake W said out of proportion. Hell, I even remember when they did it to Quayle. Wouldn't it be cool to live in a world where the MSM was actually unbiased...or there was a 25th amendment?