The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Babylon Bee hitting a layup on Kamala.

Context: Apparently, Kamala stole a part of an MLK interview and tried to pass it off as her own in an interview.
She was in a stroller, it's possible her parents stole it.
Anything is possible.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Looks like he might end up with Democratic control of the Senate afterall, :\
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I went to bed with both Rs holding 100K vote leads with 88% reporting. I guess they should have stopped counting? :D

This means the Rs will be "the party of 'no'" again where they get blamed for everything despite not having the power to stop or pass anything.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I went to bed with both Rs holding 100K vote leads with 88% reporting. I guess they should have stopped counting? :D
Thanks, Trump!
Leisher wrote:
This means the Rs will be "the party of 'no'" again where they get blamed for everything despite not having the power to stop or pass anything.
Guess we'll see a higher minimum wage, and attempt an universal healthcare, etc.

I just hope they don't go overboard in the next 2 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I just hope they don't go overboard in the next 2 years.
Like Obama's first two years? That was a spending free for all.

Biden seems to be positioning himself as more of a moderate, so that should curb some of the spending.

Now we have to root for him not to retire, die, or stroke out during the next four years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Trump will not attend Biden's inauguration.

Historical precedent? Yes, Andrew Johnson, also impeached and a one-term president refused to go to his successor’s inauguration.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Least shocking news of the day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

NC woman posts video saying , “Now only if they could find Biden and shoot him between the eyes, that would be great.”
That statement moved authorities to investigate. When the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office became aware of it, her case was handed over to the Secret Service, who visited the woman at home.

The sheriff's office says the woman is Devin O'Neill. According to text on the video, she works at the Med First Primary & Urgent Care in Smithfield.

In a statement, a Med First spokesperson said the company is deeply disturbed by the video and has fired the employee in question.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Articles of impeachment against Biden will be filed on his first day.

This is the sort of partisan bullshit that needs to be grounds for removal from office.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am The blanket forgiveness of college debt for so many has a lot of folks pissed. However, the NYT has already pissed all over this (I can't find the link, but it's buried in there somewhere), essentially saying Biden was against such a thing and still maintains that stance.
He's not even in office yet, and his stance has apparently changed completely?

Black people should get their student debt cancelled. *sigh* Can we just treat everyone equally?

I'll be interested, if this goes through, to see how people who already paid off their debts respond.

Saw an interesting idea on Twitter last night: "Refund checks for people who actually paid for their education and student debt." Obviously, that's not going to happen, but what about tax credits?

More importantly, how about de-emphasizing college? Most jobs don't need it.

How about tax credits for companies who hire high school graduates and then train them for their careers and/or pay for their college?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

I thought he was only for $10k of forgiveness, not complete/$50k forgiveness.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:48 am Saw an interesting idea on Twitter last night: "Refund checks for people who actually paid for their education and student debt." Obviously, that's not going to happen, but what about tax credits?
How about a nice cup of STFU for twitter whiners?
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:48 am More importantly, how about de-emphasizing college? Most jobs don't need it.
Thanks, Elon. :)

In all seriousness, there does seem to be an almost fetishness about college education. I went to college + grad school. There were useful elements of each, but neither needed to be as long as they were. But it sure was fun.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 am I thought he was only for $10k of forgiveness, not complete/$50k forgiveness.
Yeah, I have seen that he doesn't want to forgive it all, which is proper. I don't know the numbers though. End of the day, we need people to know their are consequences for their actions and mommy government can't always bail them out.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 am ow about a nice cup of STFU for twitter whiners?
Ha! I think you'd have better luck at finding Bigfoot than getting Twitter users to STFU.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 amThanks, Elon.
I mean, give credit where it's due. If those are his feelings, he's correct.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 am In all seriousness, there does seem to be an almost fetishness about college education. I went to college + grad school. There were useful elements of each, but neither needed to be as long as they were. But it sure was fun.
It 1000% serves an important function. Everyone should have the opportunity for higher education as a more educated populace is a positive. However, it should NOT be mandatory. Plus, prices are out of fucking control. We need a new way of dealing with college and integrating it into our society. Sending kids away to fuck and drink for four years while racking up huge debt and an education that Fortune 500 companies think does nothing to prepare them for a career is probably pretty stupid.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Since they made laws saying you can't discriminate against colored folks, people still need a way to feel good about themselves in a class system. "I had the opportunity to get a college degree, and that makes me better than you" is one of them.

Also, the caste system is still alive and well in India.

That being said, the student loan program couldn't have had a more evil outcome if it had been developed by Satan himself.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

The government already pays for college. See "The Military". Theses people can fuck off with the free checks. They get something from us, they should give something in return. There is a system already in place for the government to pay for your school. Use it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I agree with that. The GI Bill was the best investment I ever made. $1200 in, and after an honorable discharge I made about $30k to pay for school. And the program is way better, now,post-9/11.

It does discriminate against peeps with disabilities, though. So.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:21 pm The government already pays for college. See "The Military". Theses people can fuck off with the free checks. They get something from us, they should give something in return. There is a system already in place for the government to pay for your school. Use it.
There's nothing there to disagree with.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden's executive actions for his first day.

I disagree with only two of his reversals, but I strongly disagree with them:
Rejoins the Paris climate accord, a process that will take 30 days
Fuck that bullshit accord. The U.S. is the #2 polluter, but it treats us as the #1, while ignoring the #1 and #3 polluters (China and India). I'm all for anything to help the environment, but not at our expense IF others are allowed to continue doing what they're doing. Remember: China was just recently could still manufacturing CFCs, which are banned worldwide.
Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives
In no way, shape, or form should this be a thing. If you are not a citizen, why in the fuck should you get representation in Congress? This is politics and nothing more.

Biden needs to reverse Trump's last act.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

I disagree with the 2nd of those... less concerned about Paris. Something needs to be done about the environment, most likely. Some progress better than perfect progress.

I disagree with canceling Keystone.

Unsure about "Undoes Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States" would need details.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 am I disagree with the 2nd of those...
The non-citizen getting representation? 'Splain as I pre-emptively counter.

I should clarify, if you're here legally, I wouldn't have issue with you getting representation if you're also paying taxes. Otherwise, there are laws in place to protect you as a human being, but considering you don't live here full time or contribute to the household budget, why should we give a shit what your opinion is about the house rules?

If you're here illegally, no on top of no on top of no. I don't care if you're paying taxes or not. Become a citizen or fuck off. End of story. Corporations and the rich can figure out some other way to get federally funded slaves.

And yes, I realize the government is responsible for half (or more) of the obstacle to people getting citizenship, but I have a solution to that. Take some of the millions we're spending on making the U.S. more of a home for people here illegally and use that to get more resources for the Department of Naturalization and Immigration (or whatever it's called these days). Let's get the process sped up.

If someone is/has:
-Applied for citizenship
-Can speak/read/write English or is in classes to do so
-Employed
-Pay taxes

Then let's get them representation. If not, then no.

Notice I'm not against immigration, and in fact, want to improve the process to get more folks here if they want to be here. I just want those folks to show that they're committed to their new chosen country.

Let me add that I'd very much vote for any attempt to remove representation from American citizens who have spent years unemployed and on welfare for non-medical reasons.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 am Something needs to be done about the environment, most likely. Some progress better than perfect progress.
I'd prefer it if he included something in the order about demanding a renegotiation to put expectations upon all countries. Leaving it up to each to do their own thing is about as worthless as it gets.