The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm The non-citizen getting representation? 'Splain as I pre-emptively counter.
I agree with you, disagree with Biden.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm The non-citizen getting representation? 'Splain as I pre-emptively counter.
I agree with you, disagree with Biden.
Apologies for getting confused by your response.

As today is his first day, I'm wishing Biden success. His term should get us back to "normal". My only hope is he maintains his moderate stance on most things.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm If you're here illegally, no on top of no on top of no. I don't care if you're paying taxes or not. Become a citizen or fuck off. End of story. Corporations and the rich can figure out some other way to get federally funded slaves.
Put more people in prison. They're slave labor.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Another Ha! today...

http://www.antifa.com

Go ahead and click it. It's safe. It should just give you a chuckle.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Confession: I think the "Bernie memes" are not even slightly entertaining.

Lawmakers on both sides pissed that the National Guard, brought in to protect them, are being treated like shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 am Confession: I think the "Bernie memes" are not even slightly entertaining.
I've found some of them amusing. Sorry you hate white people.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:36 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 am Confession: I think the "Bernie memes" are not even slightly entertaining.
I've found some of them amusing. Sorry you hate white people.
I'm sorry that your sense of humor hasn't evolved since 2005. :D

To be fair, it doesn't help that I'm very meh on Sanders. If it was someone I really liked or hated, perhaps I'd be more into it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

It's a cute little meme. Those acting like it's the pinnacle of hilarity are suspect of fanaticism.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

For Leisher.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I like that one!

(As I type this, it's just the "If you are looking for an image, it was probably deleted." message...)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 pm Yeah, I like that one!

(As I type this, it's just the "If you are looking for an image, it was probably deleted." message...)
Bah! Stupid internet

It was Bernie shopped into an MMA match arm pinning someone.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden signs EO pushing "buy American".

I'm on board, but... I'd love to see a push to make manufacturers stop making cheap garbage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:28 am Biden signs EO pushing "buy American".

I'm on board, but... I'd love to see a push to make manufacturers stop making cheap garbage.
We certainly need to do something to make American mfg more robust and reduce dependencies on China.

Also fix This
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

They will when people stop buying them.

Like so many things (government, EA, etc), as long as people keep participating/paying, they'll keep doing it. They have ZERO motivation to stop or change.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:52 pm

They will when people stop buying them.

Like so many things (government, EA, etc), as long as people keep participating/paying, they'll keep doing it. They have ZERO motivation to stop or change.
I agree with you 1000%, but this is where I think a good government needs to help the consumer make the right choice. The market is broken and consumers are not being given all the information. Currently, laws protecting consumers are pretty impotent.

But this is a conversation for a different thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

They dropped the Yale AA lawsuit.

Not a fan of this move. Discrimination is discrimination. There is no gray area.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

New Sec of Defense orders a "stand down".

I have no idea what that is, but it seems pretty vague.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden calls school closings and women leaving the workforce as "national emergencies".

I'm with him on school closings, not so much with the thing about people leaving the workforce.

I changed that to "people" instead of women because, while I know it's mostly women, I think as a society we should be moving back to one income households. I don't care if it's mom or dad who stays home, but we've posted the studies here that prove a parent being home is great for the kids. I'm not saying it should be mandatory, but it absolutely should be a realistic option.