The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Ok, now that the NYT have confirmed "Hunter Biden's laptop is a real thing, why do we care? I have no recollection about the scandal there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 am Ok, now that the NYT have confirmed "Hunter Biden's laptop is a real thing, why do we care? I have no recollection about the scandal there.
I think it's fair to say he enriched himself by being Biden's son. In the context of doing it in a country that was being invaded (Crimea, Donbas, 2014) while his dad was the Vice President, you can see why Ukraine gov. and business would have wanted to make him happy. The USA and our best allies spent the next 8 years pouring money into this "surprise professional army right next to Russia"

I guess the difference is that Biden's son has never held a government office, and has been completely MIA under the the current admin (and he wasn't a gov official under Obama POTUS, to my knowledge)

I think Hunter was a druggie (Biden POTUS has admitted his son's struggles) and not a good overall dude. But I don't know why it's that a big deal, plenty of politicians have shitty children.

I think he was also the black sheep of the family, the other son being a military vet who died due to exposure in Iraq (thanks for heckling him while he was telling that story at the SOTU, Bobert). No way Hunter could fill the shoes of the good, patriotic son.

Some of this seems like more projection by his critics, given how the last President's family: son, daughter, and (shady as FUCK) step-son, were directly involved with the Executive branch, negotiating deals for the US government(and themselves) left and right.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Thanks for that, but if I'm being honest, I still don't know why it's a huge deal. I've heard people say it would have swayed the last election. Not sure I believe that. I think more people voted just to dump Trump than because they wanted president Biden.
I think it's fair to say he enriched himself by being Biden's son.
In reality, you don't get rich for being _________'s kid by just showing up. You're delivering a service or product of some kind. With celebrities' siblings it can just be the last name and resemblance that a company can sell publicly. With politicians' kids, it's far, far, far more likely they are providing access to their parents, and even more likely that the access was already gained to get the kid the cushy job (or whatever).

If something on the laptop just reveals Hunter is a piece of shit, who cares? Investigate and put him on trial like anyone else. However, if something on the laptop reveals Joe did some illegal stuff, then it would matter.

Also, you didn't mention China? I thought I read somewhere months ago that it involved stuff with China, not Ukraine?
Some of this seems like more projection by his critics, given how the last President's family: son, daughter, and (shady as FUCK) step-son, were directly involved with the Executive branch, negotiating deals for the US government(and themselves) left and right.
I have ZERO doubt that this is driven by folks on the opposition. It's what both sides do to one another constantly. Although, that pattern should really piss us peasants off because it's further proof how much each party doesn't hold themselves accountable, and ultimately are not working in our best interest.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Also, would you say it'd be fair to respond to your post with "Whataboutism" or something like "But what about her emails"?

I only ask because I legit enjoy the very open discourse we have around here (and a little because I'm a snarky wiseass). Point being, and this goes back to the last paragraph in my last post, I think we all need to stop being parrots for these assholes and squashing questions with "witty" one liners. They work for us. Why is it not ok to question ALL of their activities and motivations, and more importantly, legit find out why they were breaking the law or doing unethical things?

It's not "us versus them" and everyone that thinks that is a small minded, selfish, ignorant asshole. It's just "US".
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Hunter Biden doesn't NEED to do/be good at anything. The fact he has the president's ear whenever he wants... clearly any time within a 12 hour period.... makes him a commodity that's good to have in your pocket.

Children of high-level people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near where it can be perceived to be a political advantage for the parent. Even if totally legit, it's never a good look and will piss some people off, if not completely convince them that the system is corrupt.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:27 am Also, would you say it'd be fair to respond to your post with "Whataboutism" or something like "But what about her emails"?
The scary whattaboitism is all those confidential files the government had to pull out from Trump hands and out of Mar a lago a month ago.

But I just don’t care about the story. The dude was just terrible. And again. Worked for the executive branch, unlike Hunter.

Realistically, If I had to sit through months about what was on an email server, this deserves at least that. I just hope it was all Jan 6th related material…
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Usage of the phrase "grubby little hands" makes me question his level of political bias, and thus the veracity of the entire thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:59 am Usage of the phrase "grubby little hands" makes me question his level of political bias, and thus the veracity of the entire thing.
It is entirely true. But yeah, here's the WSJ article.
Former President Donald Trump had classified government records at his Florida residence, the National Archives and Records Administration informed a congressional panel Friday, saying it was in communication with the Justice Department on the matter.

In January, the National Archives retrieved 15 boxes of material from Mr. Trump, raising questions about his compliance with federal law requiring official records to be turned over when a president leaves office.

That prompted an investigation by the Democratic-led House Committee on Oversight and Reform, which asked the National Archives whether classified documents were among the boxes.

“NARA has identified items marked as classified national security information within the boxes,” David S. Ferriero, the U.S. archivist, wrote in a letter Friday to Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D., N.Y.), who chairs the oversight committee. He added that the contents of the boxes were still being inventoried.

“Because NARA identified classified information in the boxes, NARA staff has been in communication with the Department of Justice,” the letter stated.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure it was true. I was kind of insulting the person who said "grubby little hands." You don't use those words when you're trying to share facts, you use those words when you're trying to sway opinion. Like a russian on faceook.
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

And I am 100% not trying to be a conspiracy theorists here.

But Fox News, the champion of this story, remains entrenched in word for word Russian pre war propaganda at the non-news level. “Z’s a thug, why is Ukraine a country, Jewish prez leads a nazi party, etc.. “

Just like Koch industries, who is giving everyone else the middle finger when all reasonable companies have shut down their Russian operation, if possible. Nestle has too but they are huge pieces of shit for other reasons unrelated to Russia, thats just a feather in their shit cap.

So, to sum this up, and bring it back, “why should you care?”

IMO, unless someone tells me Hunter was actively involved in the government, I am just assuming this is more Fox News, Koch bros, possibly Kremlin related, smear campaign.

And boy did the Kremlin part of that sound insane in 2021 but makes you hmmm now.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

In Vietnam, Coca Cola remained in-country because the CIA was working out of that company.

Makes me wonder if they're working with Koch, now, and need to maintain a presence in-country.

Fox news.... IDK. Fuck them. They had a golden opportunity, when Russia decreed Tucker Carlson (was he the one?) should be allowed to broadcast in Russia, Tucker could have immediately pivoted to "Putin has a small cock and that's why he invaded Ukraine and started killing kids. Because of his tiny micro-cock." But they didn't. But maybe the CIA is working through Fox News, too. IDK. But otherwise fuck them.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I think our federal government has entered a shadow war. For every helping-hand we're giving that we KNOW about, there's at least ten things we don't. Because they have a budget of billions, to be sneaky better.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:52 am The scary whattaboitism is all those confidential files the government had to pull out from Trump hands and out of Mar a lago a month ago.
And he should be in the same cell as Hillary.

In fact, for fun, let's put the Epstein guards in charge of watching them.
Troy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:06 pm IMO, unless someone tells me Hunter was actively involved in the government, I am just assuming this is more Fox News, Koch bros, possibly Kremlin related, smear campaign.
To be fair, Hillary was involved in government, but we were told her illegal email server "didn't matter". I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why an elected official brazenly breaking federal law, that someone else just was convicted of, "didn't matter".

Hunter doesn't have to be in government to influence government. He just needs to be given cushy gigs and be taken care of by foreign entities. In fact, Trump giving his kids positions in government showed his stupidity more than his very obvious corruption and self serving. The smart play is to do all that shit behind the scenes and not out in the open.
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

I really can’t remember at this point - Hillary was investigated by the government, right? Had to answer questions and turn over anything she had and was subpoenaed by Congress or something? Seems like she had an opportunity to be thrown in jail? But whatever the investigation found wasn’t worth it?

I really don’t now, have been phone posting from a hotel room bed, and my desire to research the HC email shit is so low I’m willing to take anyone else’s research on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I remember there was no doubt she broke federal law, but then Bill had an informal conversation with someone high up, on the airport tarmac, and no charges were brought because it was important that she beat Trump.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

You know enough about professional policy that there's only one reason to bypass your employer's secure email servers, when you're required by law to use them. Because you have shit you don't want your employers to know about.
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

I get what you are trying to do - but you are implicating smoke and accusations. If any of this was concrete, show me. A topic that has so much feeling on either side had to have concrete, actual proof, right?

Hunter Biden might have been more then a druggy brat, and Hillary might have had something to hide, but it’s just smoke at this point, unless someone tells me otherwise.

15 boxes of of confidential “national security related” documents found years after they should be turned over is about the opposite of smoke and mirrors.

I don’t mean prove Hillary had an email server, we knew that, but proof of WHAT EXACTLY that means.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I'm not going to do any research, if you're interested you have the same google I do. You asked, and I told you what I remembered of the situation.

There may have been a perfectly cromulent reason Hillary had a secret, private email server in the hotel closet.
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

I feel like a lot of people with strong opinions on this didn't do much reasearch either.

70 grand jury summons later:
FBI Director James Comey on July 5 announced that although Clinton and her staff were “extremely careless” in handling classified information, the FBI did not find evidence that their actions were intentional. He declined to pursue criminal charges.
Hillary camp says she basically merged her public and private emails on one server. Removing the private emails when they had to be turned over to the government after she was done as Sec State. Convenient, but also thoroughly investigated by the FBI.

The Anti Hillary camp says the email server obviously ran a pedophile ring that operated out of a DC pizzeria. They sent their best man to rescue the children. https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/an ... al-125877/
Troy

The First Biden Term

Post by Troy »

We DO have an effective system of law in this country, so we DO have to give Trump the benefit of doubt and a similar grand jury investigation w/r/t those confidential boxes.

He's an idiot, and it's kind of reasonable he packed his shit up like a slob and forgot about it. There are other, worse, reasonable possibilities. But the legal standard of proof for that kind of thing is “beyond reasonable doubt”.