The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:53 pm What about having a lung removed because they were a smoker? Legit or not?
Do you mean legit to get their tuition loans cancelled?

Does it present itself in a visible way that makes others less likely to hire them? Also, I would say that while it is self-inflicted, it's also bad genetic luck.

I think I'd lean towards the self-inflicted part trumping the bad genetic luck. However, then you're bound to hit people permanently disabled by a suicide attempt. That's also self-inflicted, but also bad genetic luck.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I just have a small problem with "diseases" that people volunteer for.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:05 am Another day, another CNN piece shredding Biden. This one implies he's shown Europe his true colors and it means they are alone.
Oh whatever, where the fuck has Europe been for the past 20 years?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:41 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:05 am Another day, another CNN piece shredding Biden. This one implies he's shown Europe his true colors and it means they are alone.
Oh whatever, where the fuck has Europe been for the past 20 years?
Let's be honest, Europe is utterly worthless when it comes to fighting for freedom and democracy.

However, I do think Biden deserves all the criticism in the world for the strategy used in the withdrawal (people legit died because it was so poorly planned and executed), the disappearing act when shit went south, and then his attempts to deflect.

Not saying Trump would have done the job any better, but we didn't see his plan happen, we saw Biden's and it sucked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:40 pm , but we didn't see his plan happen, we saw Biden's and it sucked.
He plan was the same. He reduced the troops to almost nothing. He just didn't stick around to execute it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I don't accept that. If it sucked, Biden was supposed to be the one to stop it because he is supposed to be better, and he was in charge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:28 pm I don't accept that. If it sucked, Biden was supposed to be the one to stop it because he is supposed to be better, and he was in charge.
US dont give a fuck about foreigners any more. or something. i dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Like I've said a couple times.... if we could put an impenetrable dome over these countries (or at least just control our own borders), we could afford to cut them loose. What we've bought is 10-20 years until the next 9-11.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:46 pm Like I've said a couple times.... if we could put an impenetrable dome over these countries (or at least just control our own borders), we could afford to cut them loose. What we've bought is 10-20 years until the next 9-11.
It's shame you can't just Civ 2 people.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I'd argue the USA actually won in Afghanistan. We held it for 20 years, it was more or less stable (most weekends Chicago had more murders), and the people prospered. They just let an enemy force walk in once we left. Doesn't mean we lost. They lost.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:52 pm I'd argue the USA actually won in Afghanistan. We held it for 20 years, it was more or less stable (most weekends Chicago had more murders), and the people prospered. They just let an enemy force walk in once we left. Doesn't mean we lost. They lost.
I would agree.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:40 pm , but we didn't see his plan happen, we saw Biden's and it sucked.
He plan was the same. He reduced the troops to almost nothing. He just didn't stick around to execute it.
I will not argue Trump's execution or plan was better. No way. I have zero faith he would have done things right either. However, the plan used, whether it was Biden's or Trump's, was garbage. Ultimately, the majority of the blame has to fall on the guy who was in charge when the plan was executed.

Let's say the Kansas City Chiefs fired Reid and hired you. You start by replacing all of the coaches and office staff with your own people. The team then goes 4-16 in your first year after making the Super Bowl the prior season, you don't get to blame Reid. Sure, he might have been responsible for some aspects of the drop off, but you were at the helm with total control during the fall. You've got to shoulder the majority of the blame. Biden might not like it, but the majority of the public, not to mention other world governments and a lot of the MSM, think he is mostly responsible.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:43 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:28 pm I don't accept that. If it sucked, Biden was supposed to be the one to stop it because he is supposed to be better, and he was in charge.
US dont give a fuck about foreigners any more. or something. i dunno.
Part of why it sucked is because there are still thousands of Americans there, not troops either. There are also thousands of Afghan civilians that worked with us who are now in harm's way and want out. Not to mention the thousands of other foreign nationals from our allies.

The proper plan was to slowly leave and ensure everyone who wanted out could get out. If the country falls at that point, Biden takes a minor hit, but shares it equally with Trump, Obama, and Bush. It would be all their fault for not properly training the Afghans or doing enough to change the culture. Leaving like it was a fire drill with no care given to assets and people was just irresponsible and careless. The Taliban would have agreed to allowing such an operation to be handled peacefully because it would not only mean the Americans were leaving, but also they'd be taking a lot of Taliban enemies with them.

It's honestly not fair to Biden or Trump that Obama and Bush don't get mentioned as often in this blame game. The entire 20 years we were there was not handled well. We should have been training the troops differently. We should have been really changing the culture. We should have given them more scaled down weaponry. We should have leaned on Pakistan in a BIG fucking way to stop supporting the Taliban, not to mention slapping them for the whole bin Laden thing.

Biden was in an unwinnable situation, but he made it worse by playing politics in a warzone. Go look at his polls and the polls for leaving Afghanistan. He had a great approval rating and most everybody was on board with leaving. He had three more years to get everyone out safely. Now his polling is unfavorable and about half of Americans (more righties than lefties though) think this was handled horribly. This will absolutely get play in the next two election cycles and has to make any rational person wonder about the other massive policies he's trying to enact. Have they been properly thought out? Is he rushing everything knowing he is on borrowed time? Not an age joke, but it does make you wonder. What was the rush? He was VP for 8 years under Obama. Not only should he have had far more knowledge about the situation there, but if it was so important to him, why not push for the move back then?

The whole situation just sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden and his staff don't give a shit about Afghanistan because they believe the political fallout here will be insignificant.

Biden promises to rescue every American still there and all Afghans who worked with us for two years, while also blatantly saying their lives are not as important as Americans.

It's too bad we didn't have a bunch of troops and equipment there and control over most of the country. That would have made evacuating people super easy.

I cannot imagine this situation being handled any worse.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I mean, holy shit. Just have a few hundred drones remain on station. Blast them as their convoys roll in.

I would say incompetence, but the above two articles suggest complete indifference. Is Biden a Taliban sleeper agent? He couldn't have turned over the country in a more efficient manner.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Ok, this one made me laugh.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

We are way, way overdue for this to be addressed.

Unfortunately, the average politician doesn't understand why this issue is important, and I'm concerned our 80 year old president won't have a clue what is being discussed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:52 am We are way, way overdue for this to be addressed.

Unfortunately, the average politician doesn't understand why this issue is important, and I'm concerned our 80 year old president won't have a clue what is being discussed.
Speaking of which, do yall do annual cybersecurity audits or such as your company? We just went through ours. I feel like if we implemented everything, we'd barely be able to work.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »