The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Probably 5000 pages and no one knows what's in it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden implements mandate on private businesses. The 5th circuit court of appeals says stop.

Biden tells businesses to do it anyway.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

This article says Ds' spending bill absolutely will tax people Biden pledged wouldn't be taxed.

True?

I also saw some mess about Biden referring to Satchel Paige as a negro. I heard the clip. Dude's fucking old. I think it was simply a slip of the tongue. Nothing malicious. Get over it. His "poor kids are just as talented as white kids" (paraphrasing) is a far bigger sin and he was pardoned for that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am This article says Ds' spending bill absolutely will tax people Biden pledged wouldn't be taxed.

True?
Well, here's the details:
the plan also would cut 2022 taxes on average for every income group except those in the top 1 percent.
roughly 20 percent to 30 percent of middle-income households would pay more in taxes in 2022. However, their tax increases would be very small. Among those with a tax increase, low- and middle-income households would pay an additional $100 or less on average.
So 20-30% of middle-income people would pay up to $100/year more, but as a whole, 2nd-4th quintile incomes will go UP after-tax by about 1%.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

So true.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

If every promise of "lowering middle class taxes" that I've heard in my lifetime were true, the middle class would not be paying any taxes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 pm If every promise of "lowering middle class taxes" that I've heard in my lifetime were true, the middle class would not be paying any taxes.
Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 pm If every promise of "lowering middle class taxes" that I've heard in my lifetime were true, the middle class would not be paying any taxes.
That's not how math works. You can lower something 1% nearly infinitely.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden: "No one making under $400,000 will pay a penny more in taxes"
I'm starting to suspect why a certain company, with all of their PR woes, wants you to come aboard... :lol:
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:25 pm
I god damned near put a "Catt: well actually" on there, but didn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:39 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:25 pm
I god damned near put a "Catt: well actually" on there, but didn't.
IM SORRY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND NUANCE
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

No nuance, and no reading comprehension. I'm a mess.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:54 pm No nuance, and no reading comprehension. I'm a mess.
How do you feed yourself?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am I also saw some mess about Biden referring to Satchel Paige as a negro. I heard the clip. Dude's fucking old. I think it was simply a slip of the tongue. Nothing malicious. Get over it.
Oh man, Fox News visibly edited the quote to make it look worse than it really was (his hand literally disappears). It appears he was trying to say "great Negro League pitcher"
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am I also saw some mess about Biden referring to Satchel Paige as a negro. I heard the clip. Dude's fucking old. I think it was simply a slip of the tongue. Nothing malicious. Get over it.
Oh man, Fox News visibly edited the quote to make it look worse than it really was (his hand literally disappears). It appears he was trying to say "great Negro League pitcher"
That's weird. The far left folks I follow on the Twitters were posting clips of Fox News talking about it the day it happened and it was the same clip. Those left wingers were posting the clip because even Fox was pointing out that it was just a slip up. I wonder which one of their news shows edited it? Or maybe you're not seeing a real Fox clip?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:59 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:02 pm
That's weird. The far left folks I follow on the Twitters were posting clips of Fox News talking about it the day it happened and it was the same clip. Those left wingers were posting the clip because even Fox was pointing out that it was just a slip up. I wonder which one of their news shows edited it? Or maybe you're not seeing a real Fox clip?
The one I saw was on a show hosted by a Fox News woman and introducing the clip.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Fox has a female host? How woke!
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

CNN running an "expose" highlighting the divide between Harris and Biden.

Her team thinks she's being sidelined.

His team thinks she's not very good at her job and is more focused on political posturing.

I think I'm in camp Biden on this one. Harris has been very unimpressive as VP and I genuinely thought she'd be able to establish herself as a presidential contender next to Biden's Old Man Winter routine. Instead her approval ratings are lower than Biden and Trump.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:18 pm Harris has been very unimpressive as VP and I genuinely thought she'd be able to establish herself as a presidential contender next to Biden's Old Man Winter routine
She's basically been gone as far as I can tell.
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:18 pm Instead her approval ratings are lower than Biden and Trump.
Just cuz the world is racist + sexist.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

This is absolutely hilarious.