The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

No one is saying trump isn't a piece of shit. We're saying he's getting called on the same things that people with a D, aren't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:05 am Says the person dodging the evidence of his wrongness.
Inflation was 8.5%.
July inflation grew at 0%.
Inflation was still 8.5%.
WH celebrates inflation at 0% in such a way even the people on their side point out it's misleading.
Leisher simply points these facts out that were reported in multiple places including left leaning sites like CNN.
Catt says WH is right, inflation is dead, the economy is kicking ass, everyone should be celebrating, and Leisher is wrong.

Whatever you say Karine Jean-Pierre.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:21 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:05 am Says the person dodging the evidence of his wrongness.
Inflation was 8.5%.
July inflation grew at 0%.
Inflation was still 8.5%.
WH celebrates inflation at 0% in such a way even the people on their side point out it's misleading.
Leisher simply points these facts out that were reported in multiple places including left leaning sites like CNN.
Catt says WH is right, inflation is dead, the economy is kicking ass, everyone should be celebrating, and Leisher is wrong.

Whatever you say Karine Jean-Pierre.
You said consumers weren't feeling it, I said they were starting to. Somehow turns into all that above? This is why Gordon doesn't argue with you any more!
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Heh. Interesting take.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 pm You said consumers weren't feeling it, I said they were starting to. Somehow turns into all that above?
That's really what you think happened or are you trolling? Serious question.

This is why Gordon doesn't argue with you anymore!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm That's really what you think happened or are you trolling? Serious question.
Go back to here. Yes, that's what happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

So trolling. Fair enough. I didn't think you were female. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:02 pm So trolling. Fair enough. I didn't think you were female. :D
So this is the gaslighting and mansplaining all the ladies complain about?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

There are certain things I stopped discussing with Leisher because there are certain topics in which he's entrenched and it isn't worth bad feelings and arguing.

There are certain things I stopped discussing with Catt because he pulls out the well-worn OMG U HAVE NO READING COMPREHENSION card and it isn't worth bad feelings and arguing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:59 pm There are certain things I stopped discussing with Catt because he pulls out the well-worn OMG U HAVE NO READING COMPREHENSION card and it isn't worth bad feelings and arguing.
I'm mostly hurt because you won't argue with me any more.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:11 pm So this is the gaslighting and mansplaining all the ladies complain about?
Tomorrow I'm going to post something that shows women are gaslighting men.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

:D

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

There has be a turning point somewhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:56 pm There has be a turning point somewhere.
I agree, but 8.5% is not where you throw the party. People are still hurting and struggling.

From the consumers I've spoken to, they'll celebrate when all of the savings corporations constantly talk about are reflected in the price they pay:
-Products being made with more automation, cheaper materials, and in cheaper ways.
-Getting less than what you used to get. (Personal example: Dove Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bars, which are the shit, used to be 4 to a pack, but are now 3 to a pack and a $1 more. Personal note: What you do is open the package then leave the bar out for around 20 minutes. Let the chocolate and ice cream get a bit soft. You'll know it's ready when the visible freeze shrinks completely and is replaced by water droplets.)
-Massively reduced staff at companies resulting in long wait times, fewer people to help, and terrible customer service.
-Forcing consumers to do some of the retailers' jobs for them. (Self checkout being accepted shows what pussies we've become. I still refuse to do it unless in a massive hurry. They're just the start too, I assure you that Subway is trying to figure out how to make you make your own sandwich.)
-Reducing all the amenities and features they can. (Disneyworld dumping the shuttles is a crime and a perfect example of corporate greed how Wall St's influence means fucking over consumers.)
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I'm familiar with Cedar Point, and Disneyworld.

Both seem on a "make investors happy track" that means they are looking at how cheap/shitty they can make the experience while still growing. They are not worried about hurting their brands, at all. Once they find that turning point it will already be too late to fix it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 pm Once they find that turning point it will already be too late to fix it.
And Wall St and the executives of these companies will have made their money. They don't care.

We need capitalism with a conscious.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

CNN shockingly pointing out that Biden's exit from Afghanistan looks even worse 1 year later.

Although, it's an opinion piece by one person, so it's not like CNN brass wanted the story.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Analysis: America just got a $100-a-month raise | Gas prices down $1.10 a gallon since June 14
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Articles like that are why most "media" sites have comments disabled now. You know the comments would be filled with some variation of "And what were gas prices when Biden took office?"
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

There was a reddit thread where people were talking about the good ol' days of $1 gas. They were talking about the 80s, but of course it could also be during the Trump administration.

"$100 dollar raise" today is still $100 less money than 9 months ago.