The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

An infrastructure bill needs to happen, but so does a proper audit of the federal budget along with budget cuts.

We waste a lot of money on garbage with no ROI, and then struggle to get real things done.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I asked a question a few years ago.... The federal budget has increased by ten times over the last couple decades (or whatever). Does it feel like we're getting ten times better government since then?

Five of the richest counties in the country surrounding Washington DC say yes, we are.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:52 am I asked a question a few years ago.... The federal budget has increased by ten times over the last couple decades (or whatever). Does it feel like we're getting ten times better government since then?

Five of the richest counties in the country surrounding Washington DC say yes, we are.
Government spending has been consistently 16-21% of US GDP for the past 70 years.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Same question. Do you feel the quality of government provided you is increasing 16-20% every year? Because the budget suggests it should
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:04 pm Same question. Do you feel the quality of government provided you is increasing 16-20% every year? Because the budget suggests it should
What? It's been a static percentage of GDP every year, meaning it is not changing in relation to the size of the American economy, which typically grows around 2-3% / year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:46 pm Democrats can eat a big, fat dick is how I feel about this legislation.

3 proposals in there specifically target ways that I save for retirement, and would suck for me, if passed as-is.
All 3 proposals are (at this moment) out of the legislation, so I'm much better with it now.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:46 pm Democrats can eat a big, fat dick is how I feel about this legislation.

3 proposals in there specifically target ways that I save for retirement, and would suck for me, if passed as-is.
All 3 proposals are (at this moment) out of the legislation, so I'm much better with it now.
I can't believe you went down on Pelosi to get those removed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:13 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 pm

I can't believe you went down on Pelosi to get those removed.
Trust me, worth it.

And she was pretty grateful.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:16 pm Trust me, worth it.

If she does anything in the next week that makes me think she got laid and chilled out...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:21 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:16 pm Trust me, worth it.

If she does anything in the next week that makes me think she got laid and chilled out...
:D :D :D
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Was it "In Living Color" where a couple of black fellows danced in a circle making it rain, singing "Mo money! Mo money!"

That's the image I have of the government trying to squeeze more taxes out of the poor.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

This made me chuckle and think to myself, "It's nice to see that it's still socially acceptable to mock the elderly."

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

context?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Not being a hillbilly, I do not watch NASCAR, so I didn't know what was going on originally either. Here's the gist of the story.

Some guy named Brandon won a race and was being interviewed by a female reporter (NBC?). The crowd behind him started chanting "Fuck Joe Biden". It got so loud she couldn't ignore it and suggested they were chanting "Let's go Brandon". I believe the guy said "That's not what they're chanting" or something.

Thus, it has become a rally cry for, let's be honest, Trumpers. I don't know anyone on the right that doesn't support Trump yet also says "Let's go Brandon". Although, to be fair, I do know people on the left who think the story and the phrase are absolutely hilarious and have taken to saying it because they're not Biden fans either.

You can google it and find the video of the interview and all that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Jan 4th will be interesting.

How long before someone says it's the D version of Jan 6th...or has that already happened?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure it will be Mostly Peaceful.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

So that one right wing (I think?) "media outlet" Project Veritas is being raided by the FBI. It's all over the Twitters and has been all night. Why? Because they have info about Ashley Biden's diary, which was apparently stolen last year or something. They were going to publish it, but wanted to confirm its legitimacy. A site called "NationalFile", which absolutely sucks and is filled with pop ups and whatnot published the diary last year, but they are clearly a site without any credibility whatsoever, thus nobody talked about it.

However, here we are with the raids being carried out and for the purpose of figuring out who stole the diary now being reported by the NY Times.

So why didn't the FBI raid National File? Why wait until a year later and then raid not the original posters of the content, but Project Veritas who was considering posting it?

And what was published by that whacky site?

This is the biggest one that all the right wingers on Twitter are jumping on:

Of course the left wingers are responding by posting pictures of Trump and Ivanka, which I believe Troy would say is "whataboutism"? They are also claiming it's fake, which is possible, but why is the FBI raiding people for a fake diary?

If anyone knows what's real and what isn't anymore, I'm impressed.

Here's some other, more boring, excerpts:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDdk2tjaAAA ... name=large
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Infrastructure bill passes House.

6 progressive Dems voted against it. 13 Republicans voted for it. (This will was bipartisan in the Senate, with 19 Republican votes, including Mitch McConnell).