The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

The First Biden Term

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:53 pm blame the guy at the top with the other letter after his name
Fixed it for you.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Hunter and James Biden are very much in bed with the Chinese and it's a problem.

Also in the article:
In the same conversation, Biden also talked about phone calls he had gotten from his father about media inquiries into his business affairs. And he complains that Ye, who he refers to as “my partner” and “the richest man in the world” had recently gone missing in China and he was unable to get in touch with him. (Ye, who apparently ran afoul of Chinese President Xi Jinping, has not been publicly seen or heard from since.)
It makes me chuckle to think of all the idiots protesting over the past few decades about oppression and using slogans like "______ is literally Hitler". They have no idea what real oppression looks like or what their lives would be like under it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I think the system of police in this country is broken, but a lot of people who don't want police would not survive long without them.

People are dumb and have dumb opinions.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden waives ethanol rule trying to get votes lower prices at the pump.

Let's see if the environmentalists bury their heads in the sand over this move.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Activists as a group decided to ignore detention facilities on the Mexican border when Biden took office, so there's a good chance they'll ignore this too.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

You're not wrong.

We are way, way too divided in this country and each side's base is probably the biggest issue keeping the country from being better.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

But The Onion said Biden was super cool and relatable because he washed his trans am on the white house lawn.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden looking to buy votes cancel some student debt, but not the $50K some want.

I've seen people on the Twitters asking why he doesn't just cancel the insane interest rates on a lot of these student loans. Then the students could still be responsible for what they agreed to borrow, but not be enslaved and robbed by interest rates.

Catt? Is that even possible/legal? Could the government "buy" everyone's student loans and then turn them into zero interest loans from them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know a ton about loans, but my basic understanding is that there are government loans (or guaranteed by government) and private loans. The private ones are higher rate, and he can't do anything about them in any way.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Thank you. I was wondering what kind of power he'd have when private corporations were involved.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden steals a move from the Nazis and 1984.

And who is in charge of this new "Disinformation Governance Board" that will fight Russian misinformation?

An "expert" who fully believed and tweeted about the Hunter Biden laptop being a Russian lie.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

"Things that are true, but not really true" Like most things politicians say.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 am
"Things that are true, but not really true" Like most things politicians say.
Yep, I was more surprised that CNN called him on it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden wants to stop leaks.

Agree with him fully. The constant stream of loose lips from both parties are a serious threat to our democracy and our ability to operate overseas.

Remember when CNN covered the Marines nighttime beach landing in...Ethiopia? (Where was that?) Fucking camera crew lit them up and made them easy to see. If would have been fully understandable for the Marines to have used physical violence to shut those lights and cameras off.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I just paid my annual Ohio $200 electric car tax/"alternative fuel fee." Fuck all y'all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am Biden wants all federal gas taxes suspended for 3 months.

He's asking states to do the same.
Republicans widely oppose lifting the gax tax.
WHY ARE REPUBLICANS PRO-TAXES?

Oh right, cuz there's an election in November, and they want people mad at high gas prices.