The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Been amusing to see "having classified documents at home" go from bad, to good, to bad again, as we've gone trump/Biden/pence
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

More people should be outraged when government officials blatantly lie like this, but that would mean doubting their cult.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

As the FBI searches Biden's home in Florida, this is a good time to remind you all that the only secure document in our government's possession is the Epstein client list.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

That is hilarious. Maybe the MSM will actually cover his laptop now?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden used his first veto claiming he was "protecting retirement plans from MAGA Rs", but I keep hearing from people on both sides of the aisle that he's full of shit. The counter argument is that the bill was designed to force retirement fund managers to not insert politics into their decisions and instead focus on getting the best return on investments. Thus, by vetoing it, Biden is ensuring retirement fund managers can decide not to invest in companies that aren't doing enough about climate change or aren't woke enough.

It's important to note that the bill did pass through both chambers of Congress. Yes, largely due to R support, but it did have D votes too.

CNN opinion piece from an economist stating this very thing.

So...is Biden telling the truth or are the people speaking up against his veto?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

So...

President Joe Biden has issued the first veto of his presidency, preserving a Labor Department rule that permits fiduciary retirement fund managers to consider climate change and social criteria when making investments.
I think it's fine for the fund managers to consider these things. Being a fiduciary already means that the manager has a legal responsibility to do the best they can for their investors.
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am but it did have D votes too.
Biden’s veto is likely to prevail. Just three Democrats in Congress — one in the House, and two in the Senate — supported Republicans in the matter, making it unlikely a two-thirds majority in both chambers could be assembled to overcome Biden’s veto.
It had 3 D votes.

I feel like this issue is a 0.4/10 on the importance scale. Both sides trumping it up too much.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:47 am I feel like this issue is a 0.4/10 on the importance scale. Both sides trumping it up too much.
Thank you. That seems reasonable.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Is this true?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Well today's the day for jokes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Hey remember all the equipment left behind when we hurriedly left Afghanistan? Remember how we were told it was all destroyed?

That was a lie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:52 pm Well today's the day for jokes.
Yeah, THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS only!
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

That was the closest I've ever seen him to "doddering."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, well, until we don't need oil, guess what? We need oil. And fuck if we can trust any other country that produces oil at the moment.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Reopen the tar sands. I miss $1 gas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 pm Reopen the tar sands. I miss $1 gas.
Keystone XL was canceled, but Canada is still using the tar sands.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

There was a while when North DaFuckingKota had some of the highest salaries in the country per Capita, because of the oil fields. I thought I heard they closed during trump/covid/$.75 gas prices.