The First Biden Term

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:29 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am Biden wants all federal gas taxes suspended for 3 months.

He's asking states to do the same.
Republicans widely oppose lifting the gax tax.
WHY ARE REPUBLICANS PRO-TAXES?

Oh right, cuz there's an election in November, and they want people mad at high gas prices.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Not trolling. It's 100% due to the election.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

First of all, would it be fair to say that the only reason he's doing it is for the upcoming elections? Or are we only allowed to claim one side has selfish purposes here? (P.S. I'm not saying the Rs aren't doing that. I just this it's disingenuous to imply only the Rs are acting in a self-serving manner.)

Secondly, even his own people are saying this isn't going to do much.

Third, if Biden and the Ds were so anti-tax or pro-consumer's spending power they wouldn't have resurrected the Superfund excise tax on chemicals that is raising prices across the board for ALL consumers, not just those who buy gas. And yes, it is affecting the price of gas and would not be one of the taxes suspended here.

Fourth, if the Rs were so worried about elections they wouldn't be about to overturn Roe v Wade, which is going to be massively unpopular. (2/3rds of all Americans don't want it overturned.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

If voting mattered, it wouldn't matter if RvW was overturned because the states would have politicians in charge selected by 2/3 of the population that doesn't want it overturned.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:56 am First of all, would it be fair to say that the only reason he's doing it is for the upcoming elections?
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden cancelling more student debt for folks who were defrauded.

I'm mostly fine with this.

I still have reservations about bailing people out for their mistakes, but fully understand how folks could have fallen for these scumbag organizations.

What does bug me though, is why we aren't getting the money back from the organizations and the people behind them.

For example, someone came up with the idea for ITT and created it knowing it wasn't legit. They then advertised it, made promises, and took in money. Again, all while knowing it was a fraud. I realize you can't get every dime back because the people hired probably didn't know and don't deserve to be punished. However, you can get as much back as possible from the person(s) who created the whole thing. Make them penniless and then toss them into jail. Let others see what happens when you do something like this so they'll think twice before trying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:37 am What does bug me though, is why we aren't getting the money back from the organizations and the people behind them.
I believe most of them are out of business/bankrupt.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:40 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:37 am What does bug me though, is why we aren't getting the money back from the organizations and the people behind them.
I believe most of them are out of business/bankrupt.
The companies are, yes, but what about the people? And even if they personally went bankrupt, they should be in jail if they know this was fraud.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

New Medal of Freedom recipients.

Simone Biles I agree with totally. Rapinoe, not so much. Yes, she's played for the country and has been a vocal activist, but a lot of her activism involves outright bigotry and hate.
They are among 17 people who will be honored at the White House ceremony. Also among those receiving the Medal of Freedom will be actor Denzel Washington, former U.S. Senator John McCain (posthumously), former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Apple co-founder Steve Jobs (posthumously) and Sandra Lindsay, the New York City nurse who was the first in the United States to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
And why do they get these awards?
The honorees "have overcome significant obstacles to achieve impressive accomplishments in the arts and sciences, dedicated their lives to advocating for the most vulnerable among us, and acted with bravery to drive change in their communities, and across the world, while blazing trails for generations to come," the White House said.
Wait...Steve Jobs? WTF?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Karine Jean-Pierre: "We are stronger economically than we have been in history."
Uh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:39 pm
Karine Jean-Pierre: "We are stronger economically than we have been in history."
Uh...
Anyone just flash back to the Iraqi spokesperson from the Iraq War?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

You know........

I've been that tired before.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

He's got the Rona.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:29 am He's got the Rona.
Maybe he'll load up an SUV of secret service agents and drive around to show us he's still alive.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:46 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:29 am He's got the Rona.
Maybe he'll load up an SUV of secret service agents and drive around to show us he's still alive.
Did Trump do that? If so, I hope Biden does it as a shot at Trump. That'd be funny.

In other news, the Hunter Biden probe is still a thing.

Remember the good times when CNN and others were mocking "Hunter's laptop" as a total non-story?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am Did Trump do that? If so, I hope Biden does it as a shot at Trump. That'd be funny.
Yes. Rumours of his terrible O2 (85%) and health were leaking, and he wanted to prove he was strong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... y-n1266541