Reddit points

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by GORDON »

I know one or two of you are on reddit. How many karma points have you accrued? I'm over 65k since 2017. I've googled this question, but I don't know if that's "a lot" or not.

so where you at?

Only one time have I ever deleted a comment because it was getting downvoted, and that's because people thought I meant something other than what I was trying to say. Bad communication on my part. I've made several heavily downvoted posts that I didn't care if people didn't like it, I meant what I said.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

I have two accounts. One has 36k, the other has 33k. So 69k (nice). I should stop posting.

Karma ranking: https://www.karmalb.com/

I'm around 750,000th place.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by GORDON »

Good link, that's what I was trying to find before.

I'm in 157,000th place.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Good link, that's what I was trying to find before.

I'm in 157,000th place.
Funny, my "fake" one is 325,000th place
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

Read this. And then the final paragraph.
GORDON
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by GORDON »

40 years from now, celebrating the birth of their first grandchild.

"Update: still not sure if she likes me guys"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:04 pm 40 years from now, celebrating the birth of their first grandchild.

"Update: still not sure if she likes me guys"
Right? wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by Leisher »

I'm so confused. Where is the part where he fucked up? It sounds like two people who grew up together and care about each other very much ended up sleeping together and got pregnant. Otherwise known as the beginning of a great relationship.

Where is the twist?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm I'm so confused. Where is the part where he fucked up? It sounds like two people who grew up together and care about each other very much ended up sleeping together and got pregnant. Otherwise known as the beginning of a great relationship.

Where is the twist?
I think it's because he didn't think of themselves as romantically attached, like planning to get married, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

My favorite thing I've read on reddit today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by Leisher »

That's fantastic, and honestly, it's the Sunday school's fault, not his or the parents.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

I was going to post this in the moron thread, but I wasn't sure.

GORDON
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by GORDON »

The future: AI that that figures out how to fake ZOom calls, and takes 90% of the WFH jobs intended for humans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by Leisher »

If it's not industrial espionage, what's the scam? Some kind of unemployment thing? Someone else does the interview to get you the job and then you're on your own?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:02 pm If it's not industrial espionage, what's the scam? Some kind of unemployment thing? Someone else does the interview to get you the job and then you're on your own?
I thought maybe he'd be a place-holder and the other John would do the actual work or something. I dunno.
Leisher
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by Leisher »

Interesting and potentially related note, some college classes are testing new software that tracks your face as you take an exam. When you start you have to show ID. Then your camera watches you as the browser locks down your PC do you can only access it. If your head moves too much or does odd things other than look at the screen, it supposedly alerts the professor.

The math classes are where this got attention. They were also the only exams I had to take in person. I guess people are (were) hiring others to take those tests for them. Oh, and yes, you had to show ID in person too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:50 pm If your head moves too much or does odd things other than look at the screen, it supposedly alerts the professor.
My head is moving all the time. Eyes look up whenever I'm remembering something, etc. I'm fidgety.
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:50 pm They were also the only exams I had to take in person. I guess people are (were) hiring others to take those tests for them. Oh, and yes, you had to show ID in person too.
I've heard about these things in China + India, rarely in the US, but I guess cheaters are everywhere. And those were pre-COVID, so COVID really changes the game for cheating.
GORDON
Site Admin

Reddit points

Post by GORDON »

Rumor has it that the majority of engineering degrees from china are fraudulent in one way or another.