2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:34 pm My mom said one day "It upsets me so much because that building is sacred." Which was disappointing to me, because a pile of bricks isn't sacred, and tearing down the pile of bricks doesn't need to mean anything if the people are still committed to the idea of what it represents. I think I learned that in grade school when the "is it ok to desecrate the American flag as a matter of free speech?" stuff was going on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:51 am Ds rooting for Trump-Biden 2.
They should.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:06 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:51 am Ds rooting for Trump-Biden 2.
They should.
100% they should. Trump has no chance to win the election, but I'm sure we'll hear for four more years how it was stolen.

If Trump wins any of the primaries I think you'll see the message from right leaning orgs of "You need to vote for who can win the general election. Trump cannot." Basically the same thing the DNC was doing to Sanders when Hillary ended up getting the nod.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's getting ugly out there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:42 pm It's getting ugly out there.
I said after the last election that the next R presidential candidate would be called "literally worse than Trump". Doesn't matter who it will be.

CNN has even turned on Pence who they called "the man who saved our democracy" and now they've been running opinion pieces bashing him.

Now on a more important note, why the fuck was he eating pudding with three fingers?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:17 pm why the fuck was he eating pudding with three fingers?
I mean, 1 finger.. the right finger, that could be sexy. 3 is just gross.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

RFK Jr running for president.

I don't think CNN are fans because the headline includes his anti-vax stance.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden set to announce he's running again.

47% of Ds don't want him to run, but the majority will vote for him if he does. Political parties are a fucking cult and are the single biggest factor as to why this country is going into the shitter.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Rumor on the street is he's been slipping into dementia, and Hunter has been there on his elbow all the time to make sure he knows how to climb stairs and shit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, Reagan won re-election. Trump won an election. Having an addled brain doesn't matter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:04 amHunter
Hunter's got to keep him alive to keep stone walling the investigation into him. (IRS whistleblower and still no CNN coverage.)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:03 am but the majority all of them will vote for him if he does
Fixed it for you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:03 am but the majority all of them will vote for him if he does
Fixed it for you.
better than Trump or Desantis.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. Let's not worry about electing good people. Just make sure your piece of shit is less of a piece of shit than the other side's piece of shit. Awesome standards.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:42 pm Ya. Let's not worry about electing good people. Just make sure your piece of shit is less of a piece of shit than the other side's piece of shit. Awesome standards.
I don't control it, man
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

But you participate and act like it's acceptable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:58 pm But you participate and act like it's acceptable.
accept what you cannot control.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:56 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:42 pm Ya. Let's not worry about electing good people. Just make sure your piece of shit is less of a piece of shit than the other side's piece of shit. Awesome standards.
I don't control it, man
You 100% support it every time you vote D or R.

Vote third party. Until the majority of U.S. citizens do, nothing will change.

And I'm not saying they are the answer. I'm saying the message needs to get sent.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You only get to vote for whomever the Ds and Rs say you can vote for. If they don't like who you want to vote for, they change it anyway (Bernie/Hillary).

3rd party is the only tiny, small, chance of changing anything. And the system is stacked against them, too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."