Weird dream dreams

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Flew to Chicago. For some reason, I frequently have flying dreams where the plane ends up on a road/highway, and has to navigate through power lines in order to get enough altitude to take off. Happened again in this dream.

End up in Chicago, decide to go see Hamilton, touring version. I bought seats with a couple of friends, and bought two extras to sell, but didn't sell them (somehow didn't realize I had the extras until I was already in the theatre). Went to go find my seats, and, even though I was in the right row, the seats #s were messed up. Like I was looking for 2-6, but found #s that were out of sequence, and a mix of numbers and letters. Ended up in the way back of the theatre, near a bunch of moms, who had all brought lots of children. Thought "Ugh, this is going to suck. Can't believe I paid $115/ticket for this" Then finally found my seat, sat down, and realized I could only see 10% of the stage due to a giant wall. It was like the theatre was L shaped, and I was in the hook of the L. My friends arrived, and one brought his 4 year old cousin, so at least we only had 1 unused ticket. I decided to go in search or better tickets.

I ended up in about the 4th row, and found a 4 seat area where no one was sitting. The lights went dark, so I sat there in the 3rd seat from the aisle. Suddenly, 3 hot sorority girls sat down around me, with drinks in their hand, and handed me a champagne flute. The girl to the right of me started snuggling up against me, and I reciprocated, and I reached around her. She was wearing a very tight mini dress. Some grandma with 2 kids got up and left from in front of us, and one of the girls said "Oh, thank God, those people were so annoying." Then the hot girl next to me leaned over and whispered how hot it would be if I started fingering her, so I did. Fortunately, she was able to keep quiet enough, but then I looked down and realized there was a young girl in a very formal dress on the floor (somehow the seats were suddenly missing diagonal of us), and was just staring at us. I used a coat(?) or something to cover what we were doing. She was soaking the seat wet.

Then intermission came, and the lights went up and we stopped. And, it turned out Lin Manuel was sitting two rows in front of us. The girls were all excited, and I said "Eh, he's the cousin of a friend of mine" (true story). The cast came out for a bow (odd, since it was only intermission), and the girls went back out for more drinks. Then Donald Glover came out and asked me if I could fix his headset. (He was playing Hamilton in the show), and I said sure, and woke up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by GORDON »

i had a dream that when you buy bulk rice it also contains the desiccated, shrunken remains of the workers who fell into the rice and dried up until they were the size of action figures. The FDA allowed a few bodies per gallon of rice. Happy Halloween.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Weird dream dreams

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Suddenly, 3 hot sorority girls sat down around me, with drinks in their hand, and handed me a champagne flute.
Post pix w "pick one" poll plz
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Was going to a vacation somewhere, and we were flying, but lots of hops. Got to a detour, and it turned out to be a place in Mexico I loved! Was very excited to be there for the first time in 20 years, but realized I had forgotten to pack, or maybe I had remembered? I was very unsure. We were in a little village, with our hotel room near the center of the small town. The room was on the ground floor, and I Reazlied someone had left their stuff near where a leak was. Turns out, it was the same room I'd stayed at 20 years ago, and still had the same leak. I was amazed it hadn't caused more issues (or been fixed).

I then realized I had a small backpack full of clothes, but was concerned I wouldn't be able to find a charger for my phone or camera. So I went to the town, and browsed the little booths of stuff, trying to find the right charger. Turns out there were LOTS of chargers, but then, I wasn't sure I could trust them since I was in Mexico.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Weird mix of dreams. I was visiting some Eastern European country (Slovakia maybe?), and was walking towards this mall. It was huge, and had some very good discounts relative to American prices. My wife + I went to a fancy restaurant with some friends. I ordered a pasta dish, which they presented onto my plate by bringing a 12" pan full of the dish, turning it upside down (like a DQ Blizzard), and then scooping it out onto my plate. My wife and a friend of hers ordered fancy drinks. Which were served in distended champagne-like flutes that were about 2 feet tall. I then ran out of water, and was surprised with all the fanciness that I couldn't get more water. Then the woman who also ordered a fancy drink coughed and said "Ugh, I'm so covid." But we didn't leave. The 6 of us then cheers'ed and I just made sure my glass didn't touch hers.

Then we were in a hotel/apartment room afterwards, and my kids were there. We were playing some game where you trade envelopes and stuff with people. I did some move where my daughter had to give me some envelopes, and she gave me the best ones. So I opened them up to see what was there. One turned into a hair dryer, that was a super fancy hair dryer, but it only had European plugs to work with. One was a lottery ticket for an appliance, and the other was a key. I went to plug in the hair dryer, and woke up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I had a dream I went to visit some rally Joe was holding, only it was just him coming off an empty bus. I took a picture, and then it turned into a timelapse picture, where you could see a handful of people coming up to talk to him, including myself. It wasn't a rally, it was just a pre-rally/speech thing where we had just arrived, and he was willing to talk to whoever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Seth Curry and I were playing pickup basketball against Lebron James. Seth was impressed because I managed to shoot over Lebron twice. I tried to block a shot of his once, got a hand on it, and it just didn't matter.

It was a mix of pickup basketball and a role playing game, as we had to role dice after each possession, and choose our shooting skills each time. Also, they got the score wrong once.

Lebron won, but it was close.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

That's fucking weird.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was checking into a hotel with my parents and wife. It was a Sheraton. The building was massive, like a combination between and airport terminal and hotel. The woman was nice enough, and took my luggage ostensibly to my room for me. She came back, and I asked where my stuff was. She said it was down on another level, and she just left it there. I was ENRAGED. I yelled, told her I stayed at Sheratons enough that I shouldn't be treated like this! The manager came over, and was on my side, and couldn't understand how that woman could have lost my stuff. He came over and said "This should make things better," and handed me an envelope (and also her. Why?) My enveloper had a $500 check. I said "That's fine for the check-in mishap, but my missing stuff is priceless"

My family and I split up looking for it. I went down a few levels and there was a GIANT elevator (like 100 people could fit in it) I was waiting for to get back to the main level, then the elevator doors opened, and a massive surge of people tried to 1) get out while another 2) tried to get in. I got in, but then realized it wasn't going where I wanted, and could barely get back out. Imagine, I dunno, Tokyo subway rush hour, except disorganized. Maybe Indian train rush hour? I realized I could make my phone make sounds remotely from a find my phone, but I had no device to make it do that. I was going to head back into the lobby to trigger a PC to find my phone.

Instead, I went outside, and then I heard my phone and saw it in the grass. They had reset my Magikarp Jump progress back to level 1, though, so I was sad. Suddenly it was more like being outside a big mall. I saw some girls (16-21 years old ish) who had been messing with my stuff and we got into a fight. I fought them off, took my stuff and ran, I yelled for police as they had backup, and tried to get the crowd to help. Some weirdly giant-armed dude (like I dunno 35" biceps? literal flattop of a head), but short - 5'2" or so, came after me thinking I had assaulted the girls. I explained that if I could just login to my laptop, he'd see MY name and not theirs at the login screen. He pondered this, and I just ran away from him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

Had a dream the other night that my BIL was dead. Massive bummer as we get along really well. Woke up to a text message from him. That was weird timing.

Dreamt last night that I was walking through Southwyck mall, which was torn down years ago and hasn't been open for years prior. However, in my dream is was packed with people and all the stores were open. I genuinely miss those days.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:39 am Woke up to a text message from him. That was weird timing.
I hope it said "Not dead yet, you bastard"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:39 am Dreamt last night that I was walking through Southwyck mall, which was torn down years ago and hasn't been open for years prior. However, in my dream is was packed with people and all the stores were open. I genuinely miss those days.
When malls were cool? Or, when people could be out in public en masse?
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:39 am Dreamt last night that I was walking through Southwyck mall, which was torn down years ago and hasn't been open for years prior. However, in my dream is was packed with people and all the stores were open. I genuinely miss those days.
Why can't it be both?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:52 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am
Why can't it be both?
It still feels weird to see mass groups on people in movies + tv shows.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

My middle kid keeps having dreams about the house burning down. Starting to bug my wife...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I was in the woods, stalking a bear that was up on a cliff, napping, just out of view. My family was camping on the other side of the cliff. I periodically shone a flashlight up to see if the bear was awake, at one point it was and it was MAD. I pulled my rifle and shot, was it was a like 100 year old .22 rifle, and I couldn't shoot accurately for shit. The bear ran down towards where my family was camping, and started shooting fireballs and setting fire to everything, and I screamed for my kids to escape while I ran to the campground and tried to shoot the bear. My kids got out, wearing those full pajamas with footies that little kids wear, and sliding on the ground, I helped get them out, and the bear confronted me. I was fighting the bear, but it was just kind fucking with me. It had its paws up, and I could punch them, and it didn't care. But it also didn't have claws for some reason.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

This one made me laugh.

At least he didn't fuck you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 pm This one made me laugh.

At least he didn't fuck you.
Oh, and it was TALKING to me, and making fun of my punches. But it also knew it couldn't attack me, or something weird.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Dream one was I was trying to catch a ghost/spirit, and was chasing after it. Eventually ended up in a room just like my childhood bedroom, with 2 twin beds, with friends of mine on either bed. The spirit was below the bed, and I was trying to coax it out by saying it's name (Jonathan Madigan?), and I kept reaching, but missing, (it was invisible, in my defense) but then it's hand was under a towel, and rising up and I was going to grab it, and...

And my wife woke me up because I was making weird noises in my sleep.

Dreamt I was back in college, but older than college aged, but not my current age. Met some women who invited me to have lunch with them at the university cafe. It was a vegetarian place, so I got yogurt and berries. We sat down and ate. Very exciting. Then went outside and met friends I used to play ultimate with - Surprised one of them saying "Hey, it's only been 10 years! How the fuck are you?!" We played a while, then I went to another friend's house to have a shower. Started the shower, and the bathroom shower actually emptied into a giant indoor pool. I left the area briefly, and then my friend's friend (female) stared at me. I said "I promise I wasn't filling up the pool, I was just taking a shower" as I realized my friend was having financial issues and couldn't afford to fill up her pool that year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I'm trying to drive downtown, and merge onto an interstate, but google warns me that the "White Train" is crossing ahead of me and gettting a slow start, so I may get delayed in my travel, I'm comg down this wide arching ramp driving down to the interstate, and I see the train. It's a 4 story train, with houses and other things built into it, and I realize that I'm just going to fit behind it as it passes to make it to the interstate, but as the train passes by, I'm traveling down and instead of it being the onramp, there's a road railing, I drive through it, and plummet down 40 feet onto the ground below. I crash, but I'm basically OK. I get out of the car, and there's this girl I used to know wailing, barefoot, like suddenly she was in the car with me, and she's saying her ankle is broken, but it turns out that it's hurt, but not broken, and I calm her down. Then she tells me that she loves me, and I tell her I love her too (note: not married in the dream). I tell her I need to get changed, and I'll be right back so we can get dinner. I go into this store, and it's a weird combination skateboard and a bunch of other things store, I walked up a winding stair to get to the upper floors, and suddenly I'm in a hotel room with Seth Rogen and Dave Franco and someone else. I'm trying to figure out what clothes to wear for dinner, and we're telling each other stories, then I tell Dave that his brother James, Seth, and I had been hanging out together the night before, and I had played the song Laid by James, and James had NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE. I had been stunned, but he realized what a great song it was, Dave was surprised, too. Then I finally found a shirt to wear, then I couldn't remember if that song story had just happened or happened the night before, because we had all been pretty high. I checked my watch and realized we had been in the room for more than 2 hours, and was wondering if that girl was still downstairs at the accident site. I opened two doors to try and leave the hotel room, right next to each other. One turned out to be the bathroom, the other was the exit. I exited, and then made it to the elevator. It had all sorts of weird buttons, and I pressed what I thought would get me to the 1st floor. Turns out I had been in room 2308, and was on the 23rd floor of the hotel. The elevator starts to move, but it doesn't just move up and down, it moves in this WILD huge, fast and furious arc. The elevator has windows, and I can see the buildings and lights of nighttime. It's moving really fast, and then I realize that opposite of the main door to enter/exit there's an emergency door with this large brass hand railing on it. I grab it, but then start to wonder if the emergency door willl accidentally open up and shoot me out if I grab it too hard. It's like an amusement park ride it's moving so fast.

Then my dog barked and woke me up.