Weird dream dreams

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:00 pm What's that MetRx stuff that kept appearing in football movies back in that time period?
Wasn't Snoopy the mascot for MetRX?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:14 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:00 pm What's that MetRx stuff that kept appearing in football movies back in that time period?
MetLife?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:28 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:14 pm
MetLife?
YES!

I don't know what MetRX is then.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Can't remember much of my dream, but I was back in college, and had decided to take 4 courses in a summer session at once (normal load would be 2 per session). I remember I was going to class, but couldn't remember the last time I had gone to class or what we were even studying in the class (Admittedly, not just a recurring dream theme, but something that happened to me a few times IRL in college). Then I was talking to the dean/counselor/whoever who said I would be having a problem graduating if I don't finish those courses (also kinda close to reality, as I was 1 advanced Econ course shy of getting my double-major in college, and had to write a 15 page paper to get a class I was taking to qualify), and I said "Well, if I don't even finish, that's fine, I already have a job" (Apparently I worked and went to school double time?) "And they pay me $500,000 per year, so it doesn't matter."

Then I woke up to world where I don't have a $500,000 salary. :\
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Can only remember bits and pieces... something about being with my family, then going back to a place we were staying at, realizing I was being drugged, then waking up and being "oh fuck I was kidnapped!" But, I was kidnapped into a super fancy beach front house that had a big party going on (I was in Mexico), and the water was gorgeous, half naked and naked women around (my wife and I had been talking about orgies right before bed), and I realized I had been kidnapped so that I could attend the party, as the person throwing it really wanted me there. (I had no preknowledge of the party). I remember walking through the party, and then I ended up in some restaurant outside the party, I was with people, but cannot remember who. I tried to get back to the party and it turned out the exit from the party was right behind this restaurant. Then, my wife and I Were together, and someone put a bag over my head, as we were being kidnapped again I guess? Threw the bag off, and they tried to garrote me, but I had my hands up around my neck, and I flipped back over the chair I was sitting in and garroted them. Then I woke up
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

I had you brought to the party so you could see how your betters live, but I did not authorize that second kidnapping.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm I had you brought to the party so you could see how your betters live, but I did not authorize that second kidnapping.
It was a pretty awesome party. I was so confused as to why they couldn't just ask me to come, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm I had you brought to the party so you could see how your betters live, but I did not authorize that second kidnapping.
It was a pretty awesome party. I was so confused as to why they couldn't just ask me to come, though.
Where's the fun in that?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:13 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Where's the fun in that?
Right, now I'm thinking of inviting everyone to my future parties by kidnapping them!
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:23 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:13 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:01 pm It was a pretty awesome party. I was so confused as to why they couldn't just ask me to come, though.
Where's the fun in that?
Right, now I'm thinking of inviting everyone to my future parties by kidnapping them!
Is...is that not normal?
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

Two nights ago I had a dream that Malcolm showed back up here and posted an "I told you so" message in a thread. It was Malcolm level polite, so aggressive to normal people, but not meant as aggressive by him. I have no idea what the message said or what thread it was in.

That was weird as I think the last time I thought about him was in the NFL thread maybe last year?

This is making me walk down memory lane: I still have never read his last post. I said I wasn't going to because I asked him to drop the issue and would not waste time arguing about it. It was very much a "grow up or move on" message. He was constantly insulting several members of the forum in personal ways and I was done with it. He had been told he was crossing lines, yet did nothing to change his behavior. Disagree all fucking day long about anything, but do so respectfully. Not acceptable for a private forum where everyone is supposed to be friends even though some of us had never met in RL. We lost a couple of members thanks to his behavior and more had him muted. It was the right thing to do, but truthfully I sometimes miss his comments, particularly on movies as we both didn't just stick to mainstream stuff.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

You could always invite him back like Gordon did that one time :)

He's in my fantasy league... he drafted Fitzy out from under me in the later rounds this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:22 am You could always invite him back like Gordon did that one time
I must have missed that?

I have no interest in inviting him back. While I would accept him back like nothing had happened, provided he didn't do the same shit, inviting him back could make him believe his behavior was acceptable and/or that we are crawling back to him out of some "need". Neither would be true, so neither is a message I want to be sent.

Almost anyone is welcome here, just don't be a dick to your fellow forum denizens.
GORDON
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by GORDON »

He made a declarative "last post?" I had blocked him long before and was never tempted to read his stuff anyway.

Was it mean?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 am TheCatt wrote: ↑Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:22 am
You could always invite him back like Gordon did that one time
I must have missed that?
Good thing it's documented.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:55 am He made a declarative "last post?" I had blocked him long before and was never tempted to read his stuff anyway.

Was it mean?
I don't even remember the thread, but I politely (and possibly a bit aggressively? I don't remember) asked him to refrain from constantly saying things that others have asked him not to say. He could be as negative as he wanted on topics, but there were comments, unrelated to any point, where he was crossing lines with people and I addressed it with him. I told him not to bother responding as I had no interest in it becoming a thing. He could either accept it or leave. It wasn't a discussion. He knew he was making comments that were hurtful towards people and completely unnecessary, but he didn't care.

According to Stranger he made a weak attempt at a post responding and we haven't seen him here since. You would have to dig it up or ask Stranger. I legit never read it and have no desire to ever do so.

The best part is that I defended him to people because "freedom of speech". If we ban him, he wins and we're the assholes. I never banned him...

Malcolm added some color to the site, and I genuinely enjoyed his outlook on some topics. I'm sad he chose to act like an entitled cunt who has the right to make other people feel completely terrible and drive them away from this place rather than acting like a mature member of this community, but he made his choice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Part of me wonders where Malcolm is now, sabotaging himself...
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

Probably where all the toxicity of the internet goes: Twitter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Had some weird dream I was at a kinda rustic scuba / snorkeling camp/resort thing, and I had just finished and was pulling up my gear bag, and couldn't find mine. Then realized mine was there, but it had a few rolls of $100 bills in it, and I was like "oh shit." Then a group of 5 people came in with guns threatening us. I told them to just take the money, I didn't care. They said that wasn't enough. Then some large group of tourists came into the "Resort" and I said "Well, there goes your plans." So the group split up to keep an eye on us and the new people, and eventually I was able to get one of their guns, and killed 2 of them. Then I had a rifle in one hand and shotgun in the other, and they were hunting me. I'd gone back to my cabin, but realized I was trapped in there. Thought about trying to shoot them through the door if they approached, then found this small recess in the wall that was covered that I thought I could hide in, and woke up.

This morning was a massive water park, except it was literally a water park. The whole thing was basically a lake, and you had to swim from attraction to attraction. They had huge inflatables setup in lots of places, like one was a set of inflatables that formed a golf course where you could hit the ball from inflatable to inflatable for the course. I kept thinking how dangerous this was since so many people are bad swimmers. In some places there were submerged walls you could stand on to help navigate between attractions. But, some of them were metal and rusting, and the water near them was turning rusty itself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

We had just bought a new house that was on a river or the ocean not quite sure from my memory, but the house and come with a boat. Unfortunately the boat did not have a lot of fishing equipment so we said go fishing anyway. The area we went to was very crowded and the water was nearly see-through like being in the Caribbean. Christina was annoyed that we didn’t have the fishing equipment we needed so we kept going to try and find the fishing store on the ocean or sea or wherever we were. I then looked over and I saw space shuttle trying to launch but it was only a few hundred yards up and it was completely parallel to the horizon and I saw it just basically belly flop down in the ground and explode I told everyone to watch out and the shockwave hit us and then there was this big concern about whether or not there was extra space shuttles with the parts that we needed for the space station that was being built but then we kept on fishing and then there was a radio broadcast or someone was trying to side with the government response to the space shuttle crashing should be in someone’s talking about how they should flood the area economy with money.