Weird dream dreams

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Was flying out West with some friends. One of the weird things about MANY of my flying dreams is that the planes never just take off and fly way up above the clouds. They pretty much always fly through cities, under bridges, along roads, near buildings, etc. (Me: "How do the wings never clip buildings or power lines? Maybe the wings are more flexible than I realized") And I couldn't understand why this one was, and we flew about 100 miles that low, and then the pilot stopped the plane (big 3x3 seating type of plane, not a tiny one) in Winston-Salem, and the pilot hopped out, and a new one hopped in. Like out of the backdoor of some bakery/building, not at an airport. So then I was like "OHHHH, that's why we flew so low, he knew we were going to stop. But I wonder why that dude just came out of some random building, is he a real pilot?"

That plot point drops, and we're off again. I look over and see that Wake Forest University (in Winston-Salem) has 3 GIANT pools outside. Like bigger than ponds, nearly lakes. Just massive. I turn to the guy next to me and comment about it, and he says "Ugh, more wasted state university resources." I respond that Wake is private, but he doesn't seem to care/register.

Then we get "somewhere" and I'm hanging out with friends. We're in a mall, and one of my friends' wife shows up and gives me a hug. She's naked. And like strangely skinny, like unhealthily. Then she leaves with her friends. Then I'm back to hanging with my friends, in a big room (hotel room?).
One of them is very upset, tracking his wife (the skinny one that hugged me) on a tablet, and sees that she's hanging out with a bunch of guy friends (who also show up on the tracking tablet). My friend is upset, and can't believe she's doing this. A friend of his looks at me and says "Well, I just can't believe she never hit on Catt, he's totally her type." I'm shocked, offended, "Dude! I'm married!" Him "Oh, ok, like that matters" I protest about 20 years of marriage, but dude doesn't care.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by GORDON »

Most of the time my dreams are just random things (or banging hot women) that aren't SUPER INTERESTING like the stuff you guys share, but I had a dream featuring Cakedaddy, last night.

We used to do contracting work together, mainly a big national chain of drug stores, various IT tasks at multiple sites, per project.

So last night the dream/nightmare was that he talked me into converting one more CVS store of cash registers, and I got there and the store had 50 of them. Average (at the time) was 7. Most ever was 12. And when I got into a perfect groove, I knew ahead of time that the site would take 1 hour and 15 minutes per cash register.

So 50 was a nightmare scenario.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

Had a weird one two nights ago. Riding home on a slow minibike of some sort and for some reason had to go through a field. A domestic cat was there and attacking me. I turned to get back on the road and a homeless guy was there. I stopped to offer him help when a pickup with some locals pulled up. Lead local tried to attack me and I hit him upside the head with a pipe. Jumped on the bike and headed home. They followed. Main local got inside the house with his own weapon, but I was able to get it away from him and stuck it through his chest. He ded. I remember calmly discussing the situation with a family member as the cops were coming. Woke up.

Last night I dreamt I was on the run from something. No idea what. Wound up in a medical facility where I had to take care of three kids my wife and I had, but weren't the three kids at home. These three were all still the size of a very small fetus and could fit in your hand. I was thinking about what terrible parents we were to have not taken care of these three, yet we were great parents to the other three. I must have been injured as I was put in a room where my wife visited. Also, they was a weird scrawny guy who wished harm upon me and was slinking about. Soon all of the medical staff were silently heading to this courtyard where they were being enthralled by something. I thought one of the kids died. Turns out one of the kids started speaking. Woke up.

In reality I made some homemade fudge recently and I had a piece before bed each night before these dreams. I'm doing that again tonight. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:26 pm In reality I made some homemade fudge recently and I had a piece before bed each night before these dreams. I'm doing that again tonight.
Any of that Michigan weed in it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:28 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:26 pm In reality I made some homemade fudge recently and I had a piece before bed each night before these dreams. I'm doing that again tonight.
Any of that Michigan weed in it?
No sir. Actually made it in Ohio at my mom's. I'm not a weed person anyway.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Had a dream that I was going scuba diving, except it was a float down a river, instead of like a shore dive or boat dive. I was at the head of the river where you put in. There's facility where you check out your gear, etc, but I was already kitted up, on a wood platform getting ready to get into the river. I was waiting for the OK to go in, or for my group, or something. Someone said "Hey, those ladies might be going," pointing towards the desk where you pay/checkout gear, and there were 2 completely naked, gorgeous women in their 20s, one standing, one sitting, near the desk. Like they had decided to get completely naked to change into their gear. One was waxed, the other was not.

For some reason I was wearing a toque with my gear. The river was cold, but it was a warm day out (think of a river coming through the mountains on a summer day). I decided to duck my body in to cool off my head. Then came back up. The woman at the desk asked if I had ever done this before. I said i'd done regular scuba diving, but not a river float dive.

Then suddenly I'm at the end of the ride? Or, mostly at the end? There's some dudes being Chads, and there are some more hot girls who are getting sick of them. I talked to them about (something?), and tell them I'm going on ahead, back to campus. I can't remember if they came or not. There was something about boots of beer.

Then I was by myself, trying to get back to campus, through a rugged dirt trail in the middle of a forest. It was nighttime, and suddenly I was running through a swarm of bugs. A giant swarm of bugs, and they kept running into my face as I ran. But I knew if I ran fast enough I'd get through it. Then, I was through it and back on campus. I opened the the first door to the large building, and walked in. I saw a bunch of the administrators and professors sitting at consoles, talking to each other, and apparently messing with students, moving their cursors around remotely to make it harder for them to use their machines.

I walked in the 2nd set of doors, into the actual building, and was thinking, "Man, this place is expensive. At $20,000 for 3 weeks, how does anyone afford it?" Then I realized my team from work was there, and I was trying to figure out how they could afford it. It was a bootcamp of some kind.

Then I woke up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by GORDON »

Drift dives are different.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreama. Long time.

Post by TheCatt »

I went to a concert with a few friends that was out of town. We were crashing at the house of one of the friends’ parents. At the concert, we ran into 8 more friends and they all decided to crash with us at the house as well. The next morning we were all awake and making breakfast. I was making bacon, but I kept messing it up. I like to make bacon in the oven, best way, right? Well, I used a turkey roasting pan instead of a normal pan. Then I accidentally flipped it upside down, spilling bacon grease on the floor and the counter. For some reason the floor was carpet, weird for a kitchen , right? I was on my knees cleaning the carpet. And started crying. My friends’ mom came over and asked me what was wrong. I said I just couldn’t get over the fact that her son, who had been one of the friends at the concert , was dead. I had been hallucinating him the prior night and morning. He had been dead a long time. I cried, and she comforted me, and I woke up.

Second dream, I only remember bits and pieces. Something about joining a fitness class to get stronger and lift weights. The instructor was Russian. And she was hot. Then I was at a restaurant that was having financial issues, but it was because the owner have just stopped caring and was letting the place fall apart.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I could fly. I bought some device off of the Internet, like those back of the comic book offer is when we were kids. But it worked. I could strap the device to my waist and then I could fly. My kids and I tried to use it to find out if you worked at first in the bar that may have been patties or whatever from it’s only Sunny in Philadelphia. For some reason the way we tested it was by running towards a wall and then jumping up at the wall and when it finally worked I flew out of the bar and then decide to fly over Fayetteville for some reason I also had a GoPro so I could record what I was doing. I flew into an office building and then was like oops I should leave and was going up the stairs to go to the top story to jump off and fly again. Then some of the people in the building saw me and we’re like wait wait we want to talk to you that’s our device that you’re using does it really work? I said yeah I really did I flew all the way here and I tried to show them video on the GoPro, but the GoPro kept showing weird clips that had nothing to do with me flying including an entire episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia. I didn’t decide just to show them that it worked and I dropped off the building and flew away
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Something about packing up from camp, the camp had had a really cool lake you could boat around. And you camped outside a bunch, too, but there was also a building to stay in for bad weather, etc. The lake had some underwater structure of some kind that was in giant circles, and you could stand on them and walk around the lake, where it was otherwise too deep to walk.

The something about going home to my parents' old home to stay for a while, but there was road construction in the area, so my cousin was staying there too. Which struck me as weird, because her mom + dad lived in a different part of the same town that wasn't having construction.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I had asked work if I could take my team and do volunteer work in Namibia for a month. We flew down to Namibia, and on the plane, I was talking to my mom. She asked if I had been upgraded to Delta One, and I said that sadly, I was in a normal seat, although, I had a great view out of the cockpit. It was a normal big airliner, but the cockpit wasnt closed off, I could just look over, like sitting in the backseat of a car. Once again, the flight was flying very low, and we flew under some bridges, and then through some power lines (somehow missing all of them) before landing. We got to Namibia, and it was like a Caribbean island. We got the place we were staying for volunteer work, and I wanted to drop my sleeping bag down in one place, but my friends wanted to drop down somewhere else, so we went there. Then, I realized I had flown all the way to Namibia, but forgotten to bring a pillow! Something happened after that with the water, but I can't remembe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

You are lucky to be having all of these vivid dreams. I've been sleeping like shit lately, so I'm not remembering any.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:56 am You are lucky to be having all of these vivid dreams. I've been sleeping like shit lately, so I'm not remembering any.
I tend to remember more dreams when I sleep poorly, for whatever reason.
Leisher
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by Leisher »

Weird.

I know I've slept well because I remember my dreams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Was attending a Super Bowl party, but couldn't decide what to bring. I showed up at their house, and there was a "front house" where we were first. I realized it was 6pm, and too late to bring anything to the party. Their parents were in the front house, and told us to come on back. There were TV monitors setup in the "front house" but as soon as we got up, they switched to showing us the inside of the house we were going to.

Then I woke up, and realized "Oh the Super Bowl is tomorrow, I'm fine"

Then I went back to sleep, and it was Super Bowl day again, and we were going to our friends' place. But it was completely different this time. We parked in a large strip mall parking lot, next to a ridiculously gigantic truck. Then walked into the building there, and there was a waiting room filled with people to get into the Super Bowl party. I realized again that I had forgotten to bring anything, but didn't care. There was a large cafeteria style table with people behind it, and a sign-in sheet on the table. I went to sign in, but there was such a crowd of people. Behind the table was an elevator to take people to the party. The people behind the table were calling out names for people to leave the waiting room and go to the elevator to take them to their party.

Then I woke up.

Was at my parents' house, and wanted to get high with a friend of mine. So we were sneaking around trying to figure out where we could smoke a bowl. We were in the laundry room, and decided we needed to get outside, so put all the stuff in a backpack and went outside. But there was a person doing groundskeeping, so we walked around to the front of the house, but then there was a family looking at the house next door, 2 adults and 4 kids, with a dog who was absolutely crazy full of energy. Then my parents came out to meet the other family, and I woke up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Last night's dream went back to the Super Bowl party. The official invitation said guest + partner (which is really weird cuz it's a dads + kids groups, so there's always lots of kids there, in reality). At any rate, I decided I was going to show up with my wife and my girlfriend, and just wasn't going to ask if anyone cared. So the three of us showed up together (my wife surprisingly cool with it), and we walked into the party. Turns out the place was hopping (or whatever word kids say these days). Our typical get togethers are around 25 people, and this party was about 100 people in the backyard of a house, lights up, lots of fun, music, etc. In fact, I don't really remember the football game being on at all. One of my friends from college came up to me completely SMASHED, and offered me a beer. So I took it, and we hung out for a bit. Then I went inside to the drink fridge to get another beer, but despite being in the fridge it was warm, and a Corona, so I was just like "ugh" and went back outside. I saw my college friend, his wife, and their baby on the ground. The parents looked nearly passed out, so I went over to play with the baby and make sure it was supervised. My friend's wife picked her head up and told me it was just fine, babies don't need supervision these days.

And I woke up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Only bits + pieces of last night's dream. I was going to an event with friends. The event was in LA, so we flew out and we landed (the dream starts after we landed, so no weird planes flying through streets), and we have our Uber driver take us to a video store (WHY?). We get out, and walk in, and... it's not a video store any more (in the dream I was pondering if video stores even existed). It's a strip mall store, but with faux fancy artwork like you see in some places (Vegas) for sale. I'm there wandering around the store, but really unsure why we are there. I also realize that I have a giant stack of cash back at our hotel room, and I need to do something with it before the event that night. My friends says "OH! I've got a great idea, go get the cash, and we'll meet up"

So I go back to the room, and get my cash out. It's like 7 inches of cash, with a mix of bills, but several 100s, at the very least. We meet up, walk along the streets (me very nervous with all this cash hidden in my hoodie/jacket), and we walk into a restaurant. I'm like "WTF?" and he says "Naw, we got this." So we sit down, and his "grand idea" is to order a fancy ass bottle of wine ($95, ok, so not supremely fancy), and I'm like "What the hell? Your plan is just to spend my money? I just wanted to put it somewhere safe" The waiter asks me to confirm, and I say "No, we'll go with the $27 bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate."

Not a very exciting dream.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Two dreams, but not very detailed.

First one I had a Porsche convertible (black) that I was driving around. Something about roads, driving it, but not too hard since it wasn't broken in yet. Showing it to a friend of mine who's a Porsche enthusiast.

Second one, I was in a gymnasium for our 30th high school reunion with some friends. We were talking, and someone had brought some documents from high school. One of them had something about student accomplishments, and then I turned it over and it had my wife's name at the top (which doesn't make sense since she a) didn't go to my high school and b) wasn't in high school when I was). As I realized that, the name morphed into my brother's name. He did go to my high school, but 3 years earlier. But apparently that was good enough for my brain. I then scanned down the sheet and saw my name as "playwright." Turns out I had written a play in high school that the theatre director decided to stage for the school. But, I couldn't remember what it was about at all. I eventually found the Playbill for it. It had 4 characters, and was 3 acts. And one of the characters was dead for the entire play. And one was a younger version of a different character. But I couldn't remember anything about it, what the twist/hook was, etc. But it had been good enough that they put it on for the whole school.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

Had A dream that I was in prison with a group of other people. We had planned a jailbreak in someway to get a bunch of money. Before we executed our jailbreak there was a group of other people who wanted in on our plan. We did not let them in because we had already started executing our plan. We broke out of jail got the money and then we’re hiding out in the house where I had grown up. We use the money to pay off some debts one of the people had but the room I was in was very messy and I couldn’t find the debt the final two debts to pay off , but they were the smallest ones we didn’t matter too much. We heard that the other group was mad at us and was going to storm the house where we were staying. I looked out the window and all along the street or lots of cars with the other gang people getting out to attack us. But they didn’t have a good cover so they were basically just crouching and walking towards the house and there was about 40 or 50 people. When they were only 10 feet away from the house I started to shoot, but one of my friends yelled at me that it was too early to shoot , which made no sense to me. I had a heavily modified 9 mm semi auto, I went through my first magazine and pulled it out and realized I had two types of ammo that I was using. One type of ammo looked like a metal version of Nerf darts and the other looked like to 223 ammo . Asked if anyone had called 911 since we were under attack and someone just shushed me. So I found a phone and called 911 and it connected me to the FBI, however it routed me through a phone tree and when I said we were under attack and somehow thought I was trying to file a copyright and asked me to leave a message. I went back to the window and realized I heard a siren and all of the attackers were suddenly gone. I walked outside to meet the police carrying my gun since it was registered I knew it wouldn’t be an issue. I walked back around to the side of the house and saw my friend Andy who is showing the police his ammo collection he had five giant storage cabinets full of ammo and guns and other stuff and we he was reloading just in case the people came back. And then I woke up
TheCatt
Site Admin

Weird dream dreams

Post by TheCatt »

I can't remember much about this one, but our oldest daughter had gotten into a fight with a friend, and she had come home from the fight, then died in her room. For some reason, I didn't tell anyone or call the police. And then we flew to Europe. And it was a week later, and I was super sad that we had gone to Europe without her, and was crying and trying to figure out if I should call the police or someone to get to the house. Trying to figure out if I was supposed to call the police? Or a morgue? Or who? Was it too late to tell them her friend caused this?